• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Your opinions on TT vs Not TT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought they were rumors. I don't think I've had rumors about me yet, so that's what I thought they were. It goes something along these lines - "Hey I heard you're kind of a stump maker, is it true?" "I'm jealous, I wish I was popular enough to gossip about."
Something like that. :]

What are you? What does stump maker even mean? Sounds like some sexual term

I personally think its not cheating, but I tt day by day unless im cycling.

Why?

-Hybrids
-Speeding up town progress.
-Move-ins.
-Makes flow faster
-More stuff to do

`w` but play as you want, you probably spent over 100 dollars for such a great game !
i most likely will stop after i get my absolutely perfect town [paths, town layout, villagers, ect.]

Last edited:
I personally think its not cheating, but I tt day by day unless im cycling.

Why?

-Hybrids
-Speeding up town progress.
-Move-ins.
-Makes flow faster
-More stuff to do

`w` but play as you want, you probably spent over 100 dollars for such a great game !

Lemme go down your lsit here:

-Cheating
-Cheating
-CHeating
-Cheating
-Cheating

But it's okay that you cheat. Just own up to it.

I agree with Superpenguin here. The game is meant to be played in real time, day by day. If you're speeding it up, you're not playing it the way it's meant to be played. There is an in-game clock for a reason other than just changing the day to night.

- - - Post Merge - - -

That I cut down trees.

I don't even see what you're trying to say. You're weird

And then the negatives of those.

- Can lose a villager you don't want to have leave
- Can have a villager you don't want in your town moe in
- See above
- See below
- Can spoil turnips

Of course there are negatives, but there are more positives than negatives.

I don't think its cheating but I like to play it day by day and only speed time through.

Lemme go down your lsit here:

-Cheating
-Cheating
-CHeating
-Cheating
-Cheating

But it's okay that you cheat. Just own up to it.

um okay i dont think its cheating but ? ?? ? ?

uh i cheat then? i guess? imo its not cheating to me but to you it is so to make you happy i guess i am a cheater ?

so yippe every1 is happy jump jump yay

Wow, look at how many heads I get to bust together.

You guys had better cool down the arguing. We had you make the TT groups for a reason.
Cut it out or I'm gonna cut it for you.

um okay i dont think its cheating but ? ?? ? ?

uh i cheat then? i guess? imo its not cheating to me but to you it is so to make you happy i guess i am a cheater ?

so yippe every1 is happy jump jump yay

You really don't need that attitude. You're trying to make it look like you don't care but you clearly do more than you show because you bothered to reply

Oh god I thought I'd never see another TT is cheating kind of thing.
I don't see it as cheating, why bother even putting the option to change the date there then. It's like asking why TBT even bothered to put tiny font and pastel colors.

I originally wasn't going to time travel. The main thing of not TTing for me was to experience the game the way it was designed to, which is to play day by day.

Unfortunately, in my old town, Pietro started to really creep me out and I decided to TT to move him out.

And now I can't stop.

Mostly I TT to get villagers I don't like to move out faster. I have Chops right next to my house in this new town and I seriously do not like him, like it's totally worse than the Pietro thing. I occasionally jump back to the normal date and TT again, mostly because I want to experience events on the day they were meant to (New Year's on actual New Year's day, etc etc), and I don't want to be too far ahead.

Oh, I also TT to get grass to grow back, because screw grass wear. >8I

My opinion, as you can tell by how I apply TTing in my game, is that I don't really care if it's cheating or not; it's my game, I'll play it the way I want to.

Last edited:
Oh god I thought I'd never see another TT is cheating kind of thing.
I don't see it as cheating, why bother even putting the option to change the date there then. It's like asking why TBT even bothered to put tiny font and pastel colors.

It's there in case your 3DS time gets out of whack. A simple way to fix it without having to restart a town to get your time back to normal.

You really don't need that attitude. You're trying to make it look like you don't care but you clearly do more than you show because you bothered to reply

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound mean at all! Excuse my attitude.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm serious. Try to argue with my logic instead of just asking if I'm serious. Obviously you have no real argument that it's not cheating. I guess I win unless you can bring something else up?

Uh, no. There are good rumors like social butterfly, hometown hero, etc...

I can't tell if you are pretending to be stupid or if you actually are.

There are more positives to stealing from a bank than negatives but that doesn't mean it's legal.

Eh, yeah, but that's not really the same thing here..

Negatives are far more severe and long-lasting.

Hm.. depends on the negative.
Bedhair, spoiled turnips, and weeds?
Those are not too bad. Go get fixed up at Shampoodle, ask for a garbage can, pull out the weeds (and get a cool badge!)

Losing villagers and random move ins?
Yeah, losing a villager is sad, but it's not sad enough that I can say it's long-lasting considering we have options. Cycling to get them back, resetting your town(though there aren't many who do this, this is an option if you don't want to cycle.., and find a replacement.
Can I ask how random move ins come from TTing?

Environmental Destruction?
If you know you're going to TT or be gone for a while, having the Beautiful Town ordinance wipes this problem out. You'll have weeds to pull, but your garden won't be destroyed or anything. Trees and bushes don't die either.

Meh. Your argument may be valid, but I feel like most of these problems have solutions and it'll all be okay in the end.

I have never seen any negatives from TTing, to be honest. I've TT'd from January to summer season in my old town, nothing happened. My friend was in 2017 in her old town, and nothing happened. I've traveled back and the only bad thing that happened was my snowmen disappearing. I don't even care about turnips because there are alternative money making methods (farming beetles). ACNL is pretty lenient about it compared to older games. I mean, even Resetti was toned down to... almost nothing, unless you have the reset center.

You have that rumor where the villagers call you a 'time traveler' but I honestly don't mind that. I thought it was cool that they'd call you that. It makes me want to get a blue phonebox and put it in my house. :B And that rumor only happens when you TT back. Going forward gets you called a Bell-pincher or something else.

If you can list actual negatives besides your opinion that it's cheating, please do so. Because I feel like other people's opinions don't really count as a concrete negative. These other people didn't buy this game for me, so why should I play the way they want me to?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back