Your go to flower patterns? I need inspiration...

Lamues

Bells
Mailbox
Small Mailbox
Cake
Hi, so basically, whenever I visit someone else's town I'm amazed. Thought out flower arrangements, well placed PWPs... I'll be honest, I get a bit jealous.

Now, I'm not saying I'm a mess when it comes to planning my town, I'm happy with my paths, my trees are OK but those flowers, man, those flowers.

I make a row of them adjesent to my road, all is fine and dandy, three different flower colours. Love it. Then comes the row behind that. Here's where things start to get tough, do I use the same colours? Do I use the same flowers? When I take but two colours it gets really repetitive, but too much seems messy. No matter what I put there, it looks like garbage. I've tried to copy cat some other people. That works in some places of my town, but I'd like to give things my own twist as well.

Start reading from here if you're not down for an anecdote
How do you arrange your flowers? One specie or more species per patch? How to alternate flowers in larger patches? How many different colours per patch? Tell me all your secrets.

Thank you.

I'm not sure if this'd look good, but I'd maybe try this.
(Letters denote various colors.)
XYZX
ZXYZX

Sorry if that was confusing.

Last edited:
I like to make groups of flowers (always same type in one area) around towns setup to produce hybrids. Not always a set pattern but I usually do 2 rows. For instance, an area of violets could look like this:
W W P P W W
Y P B P Y
Two rows with a space between flowers and the second row offset by one. Then I either keep building it to more rows or start a new area. I usually take hybrids and place around my house in some simple pattern with regulars. Blue, Purple, White, etc.

I also like to make single rows of like flowers around ponds, along cliffs, along railroads, etc of just alternating color same type.

I'm not sure if this'd look good, but I'd maybe try this.
(Letters denote various colors.)
XYZX
ZXYZX

Sorry if that was confusing.

That's what I use in my town! I'm currently trying to set it up as purple, blue and white roses but I ran out of purple and blue, haha.

If you have 2 colours on a patch:
WRWRW
RWRWR
WRWRW
RWRWR

If you have 3 colours on a patch, use a > shape:
XOO
OOX
XOO

RWPRWPRWP
WPRWPRWPR
PRWPRWPRW
RWPRWPRWP
WPRWPRWPR
PRWPRWPRW

If you have 4 colours on a patch:
RWPYWRPY
PYWRPYRW
RWPYWRPY
PYWRPYRW

Last edited:
Thanks, that's really detailed and useful! I'll experiment with those patterns! Any colours/species you like to mix up?

These are the only ways I range flowers;

Carnations
XOXOXOXOXOXO

XO
OX

Roses
ABABABABABAB

ABCABCABCABC

AAAAAAAAAAAA

ABCDEF

Aㅤㅤㅤ F
B C D E