Your Beliefs!

I am Christian
I believe in God, that he created the world, That I'm going to heaven, that's he's coming back, and so forth
I was born into this
Not forced into it.
All of my family is Christian except for my cousins(Jehovah Witnesses)
I firmly believe in my beliefs, you don't have to
( I don't mean to sound all spiritual, and stuff)
And................
Yep that's about it.

Last edited:
Oh hi I just wanted to drop by because I like your thinking, so umm hello. I thought I'd give this a shot because you bring up some good points that made me want to respond. =P *Long, thought-out post alert*

Firstly, most of your questions or thoughts are basically wondering why there's evil in our world if there's really an "omnipotent" God as you say. I agree. The world is pretty screwed up. Satan, also known as Lucifer before he became a fallen angel, came to kill, steal and destroy in this world. He was jealous of God and wanted to become as powerful as him if I remembered correctly.

Some Christians take the creation story literally while other take it as a symbolic story as to how God created the world, but it's said that Eve took the fruit from the tree of knowledge (pretty sure that's the name of it) which meant that both her and Adam became aware of sin after he did the same. This meant they could no longer be perfect. It's believed that God loves us so much that he gives us a choice in life of whether to believe and go his way or not. Basically free-will to choose his path, our own path or a different path.

God cannot reveal himself to us because he is such a perfect God. It's said that he cannot look at sin (and we can't look at him) because he's so perfect, and the result of sin was death. So he sent Jesus to die for us so that we don't have to have the punishment of sin (death). In other words, we die once and then live eternally in heaven with him if we believe in him.

He made our world with enough resources for everyone (food/water, etc) but there's so much selfishness in the world that not everyone gets in on it.

The innocent people who die everyday is again because of sin and Satan. God sent people to help each other and to look after the Earth, but he also gave us free-will so we choose whether or not we want to do that. There are people who go out and help the needy, hungry, etc. However there are also many people who choose not to.

Cancer isn't a punishment for our sins. If that was the case then we'd all have cancer because we're all imperfect and we all sin. At the centre of sIn is the letter 'I' which is sort of what sin revolves around. Selfishness.

Great questions. Sorry if I didn't explain myself well (it's late), and this is pretty much just what I believe. You might disagree, but that's okay haha.

Yes, nice thinking, I like it when people can respond in this manner, as opposed to saying he said so and BAM! There was a universe, cuz screw logic, am I right?
Thanks for the food for the thought, and avoiding the response of flat-out saying, "screw your thinking, God is right and this is why", but yes, good thinking, I may have to read this Bible, atleast the first few pages or so, it seems I may have mis-interpreted some of it, however, science is just the nature of me primarily.
For people who kind of think the way I do in terms of religion I recently discovered a religion that is kind of like my idea, read up on it, it's fairly logical and more nice controversial food for your thoughts.
The religion is called: Theistic Evolution

I believe that there is no superior being that reins over everybody. Wake up, people. There are no gods. As nice as it is to delude yourself into thinking that there's an "after life" after death, it's just simply too childish for me hop on the bandwagon. Sorry.

If you guys don't stop fighting, I swear I will turn this thread around.

Turn it right around and make it be about Bj?rk. Then you'll just have to deal.

pls do this.

Honestly I'm more concerned about whats going on on earth then how earth came to be (if that makes sense.)
I believe in some sort of deity but a lot of the religion thing just sounds...off to me. So idk, if god happens to be the one thats in the bible i'll just be at heaven gates like ?\_(ツ)_/? i ****ed up bro

also debut >>>

There is so bandwagon, and im wide awake, if you choose not to believe in something, that doesn't mean you have insult everyone Else who does

Last edited:
There is so bandwagon, and im wide awake, if you choose not to believe in something, that doesn't mean you have insult everyone Else who does

How is what I wrote in any shape or form insulting anybody? Lol...
Have you even thought how religion looks from an atheist's perspective?
Stating that I don't want to place my hope in a made up story that I find childish isn't insulting anybody.

i was raised a christian but i never really liked the whole organised religion thing, i mean i think i believe in god to an extent because i find myself praying to someone or something when i'm in a really difficult situation but i don't know if it's god in the traditional christian sense of the word
i stopped going to church when i was about 13 because i didn't like the fact that catholicism was telling me not just that i should believe in god but also how i should believe in god and what was the right way to believe in and worship god, and i just wasn't comfortable with that, i guess maybe because i've always seen god and stuff as a personal thing that each individual finds a different meaning in than something that people can make up rules for and dictate

i really love the ideaology behind buddhism and i'd love to learn more about it in the future, i just think it's really cool and nice and stuff

I was raised a christian as well. Only as I got older I grew to realise that Christianity is based on false claims. Especially the one about there being a heaven and a hell.

I believe that there is no superior being that reins over everybody. Wake up, people. There are no gods. As nice as it is to delude yourself into thinking that there's an "after life" after death, it's just simply too childish for me hop on the bandwagon. Sorry.

Your beliefs are your beliefs, but please respect the beliefs of those here and the civil nature of this conversation or please do not post on this thread. Voicing your beliefs if one thing, but to insult everyone who doesn't conform to your beliefs is another thing entirely.

- - - Post Merge - - -

How is what I wrote in any shape or form insulting anybody? Lol...
Have you even thought how religion looks from an atheist's perspective?
Stating that I don't want to place my hope in a made up story that I find childish isn't insulting anybody.

You were insulting in that you called all people here who believed in "a higher power" delusional.

Your beliefs are your beliefs, but please respect the beliefs of those here and the civil nature of this conversation or please do not post on this thread. Voicing your beliefs if one thing, but to insult everyone who doesn't conform to your beliefs is another thing entirely.

"to insult everyone who doesn't conform to your beliefs" swear this is like the epitome of being a Christian lol
I've had bad experiences of religion, mainly from people trying to force beliefs down my throat. I've formed a strong intolerance for religion, so I apologise if anything that I've wrote has indeed been offensive.

But what I wrote isn't exactly a lie.

You did say"to delude your self to thinking" I am not deluding my self to anything. I might, no it probably is only me but I find it insulting, and I'm stating that fact, and your right I have no idea what it looks like from an atheist perspective, because I'm not one, I don't understand how you can believe "science" when it's just "studies" that give you facts. But it's not my place to tell or ask you anything, so I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, yes. That is what many view Christians as, narrow-minded, hateful people. Many are too blinded by dogma to see that they have become more focused on hurting others than helping others and accepting them. Many others are not like this, but that is hard to see when you have various groups who claim to be Christian whilst protesting funerals. I am not trying to defend religion; I am trying to keep this thread from starting into a flame war.

You did say"to delude your self to thinking" I am not deluding my self to anything. I might, no it probably is only me but I find it insulting, and I'm stating that fact, and your right I have no idea what it looks like from an atheist perspective, because I'm not one, I don't understand how you can believe "science" when it's just "studies" that give you facts. But it's not my place to tell or ask you anything, so I'm sorry.

None of my post was personally directed towards you. Yes, you're a christian, so you somewhat fall under the demographic that I was speaking of, however I wasn't insinuating that you are deluded. I am stating that I simply cannot delude mysef into thinking that there is a god, as I simply believe that there isn't one. If you feel as though I have insulted you, then that's your problem for letting yourself become offended by what I have said.

Science delivers the truth, that's why I place my hope into it. Whereas religion delivers nothing but tales of superior beings. It's completely your place to tell or ask me anything. This is a forum, not a funeral lol

You are very true in saying that science answers many things and provides physical evidence to back its theories up, but it fails to answer a couple questions. An example is this; recently a satellite scanned a comet and found the basis of life on it. Hypothetically; this could mean that life originated from another world. What this fails to answer is how that life was created. By life I mean the actual processes involved with living (energy, breathing, consciousness, etc.). I am just saying that there are some things that cannot be explained by science yet.

Last edited:

There seems to be a misunderstanding with a lot of people that atheism = science. Well, it doesn't. Just because you're an atheist doesn't mean you're obsessed with science, I know plenty of atheists who don't give a damn about science. Similarly, just because you're religious doesn't mean you don't 'believe' in science.

These are ten examples of evidence found in the bible.

. The earth free-floats in space (Job 26:7), affected only by gravity. While other sources declared the earth sat on the back of an elephant or turtle, or was held up by Atlas, the Bible alone states what we now know to be true - "He hangs the earth on nothing."

2. The Bible specifies the perfect dimensions for a stable water vessel (Genesis 6:15). Ship builders today are well aware that the ideal dimension for ship stability is a length six times that of the width. Keep in mind, God told Noah the ideal dimensions for the ark 4,500 years ago.

3. Oceans contain springs (Job 38:16). The ocean is very deep. Almost all the ocean floor is in total darkness and the pressure there is enormous. It would have been impossible for Job to have explored the "springs of the sea." Until recently, it was thought that oceans were fed only by rivers and rain. Yet in the 1970s, with the help of deep diving research submarines that were constructed to withstand 6,000 pounds-per-square-inch pressure, oceanographers discovered springs on the ocean floors!

4. There are mountains on the bottom of the ocean floor (Jonah 2:5-6). Only in the last century have we discovered that there are towering mountains and deep trenches in the depths of the sea.

5. Joy and gladness understood (Acts 14:17). Evolution cannot explain emotions. Matter and energy do not feel. Scripture explains that God places gladness in our hearts (Psalm 4:7), and ultimate joy is found only in our Creator's presence - "in Your presence is fullness of joy" (Psalm 16:11).

6. Which came first, proteins or DNA (Revelation 4:11)? For evolutionists, the chicken or egg dilemma goes even deeper. Chickens consist of proteins. The code for each protein is contained in the DNA/RNA system. However, proteins are required in order to manufacture DNA. So which came first: proteins or DNA? The ONLY explanation is that they were created together.

7. The universe had a beginning (Genesis 1:1; Hebrews 1:10-12). Starting with the studies of Albert Einstein in the early 1900s and continuing today, science has confirmed the biblical view that the universe had a beginning. When the Bible was written most people believed the universe was eternal. Science has proven them wrong, but the Bible correct.

8. Light can be divided (Job 38:24). Sir Isaac Newton studied light and discovered that white light is made of seven colors, which can be "parted" and then recombined. Science confirmed this four centuries ago - God declared this four millennia ago.

9. Incalculable number of stars (Jeremiah 33:22). At a time when less than 5,000 stars were visible to the human eye, God stated that the stars of heaven were innumerable. Not until the 17th century did Galileo glimpse the immensity of our universe with his new telescope. Today, astronomers estimate that there are ten thousand billion trillion stars - that's a 1 followed by 25 zeros! Yet, as the Bible states, scientists admit this number may be woefully inadequate.

10. Animal and plant extinction explained (Jeremiah 12:4; Hosea 4:3). According to evolution, occasionally we should witness a new kind springing into existence. Yet, this has never been observed. On the contrary, as Scripture explains, since the curse on all creation, we observe death and extinction (Romans 8:20-22).

Are you aware the dinosaurs coming before us is the kind youre talking about? There has been COUNTLESS new fish found. You're quoting the bible in an argument that has been proven by scientists.

Back