Mafia Wrath of the Egyptian Gods - Kingmaker (Game Thread) Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
making KM mafia * i typoed. rip.

- - - Post Merge - - -

u ****ing ruined my post merge.

"Should the kingmaker die, a townie will take their place as the new kingmaker."
Actually this is all it says about the alignment of the kingmaker

"Should the kingmaker die, a townie will take their place as the new kingmaker."
Actually this is all it says about the alignment of the kingmaker

if a townie takes the KM throne after the og KM is dead, it's obvious the alignment of the og KM is town.

Moving from Null to Scummy. To be fair... I am new to mafia. I don't really know what I am supposed to do while playing this game.

Let me give you some advice.

Instead of trying to refute logic based on patterns that go back years, or giving your opinion on things that are irrelevant to this game (e.g. your opinion on coaching or scum members writing posts for their scummates), focus your energies on trying to determine who is town and who is scum in this game. Because what you're doing now is writing content that is irrelevant to the game itself, which honestly has me leaning scum on you because it feels like filler content to look like you're contributing when you're not. But I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here because you're new.

If you're town, your focus is in the wrong place and you're wasting your energy on things that don't help us. What will help us is if you give your opinions on the people within the game. Not your opinion on the game itself.

who are you leaning more towards for the hopes of king?
i saw ur trundle vs jacob thing but you seem pretty iffy on them both.

do you have a third person you're interested in for king?

Eh

I?ll have to think about it honestly. Honestly Tina, Glow, Kat, but I feel iffy. Maybe waffles but I?m worried about activity

Ryumia, do you have any opinions on who might be scum and who might be town yet? You're doing good so far but this information would be very helpful to determining who is scum and also which alignment you are.
To be completely honest... I don't have any opinions on who might be scum or town. The only person I really trust is... myself. So far... I have been working by myself since I don't want to blindly trust someone and possibly get stabbed in the back. I'm still thinking of who I should actually trust in this game. You say that I am doing good so far, so perhaps it is more beneficial for me to keep working alone instead working with some. Working with someone would be nice and everything. It's just difficult to determine who I should be working with.

the biggest OMGUS i've seen. wew.
I had to look that since I didn't know what that meant. I probably should have kept the Encyclopedia Maftannica up, but there are some terms here that aren't on there. So... I'm pretty much guessing what they mean. You kind of make it seem like I am not allowed to defend myself... That seems pretty weird to me to not being able to do so. It looks like to me that your blindly pointing your finger.

if a townie takes the KM throne after the og KM is dead, it's obvious the alignment of the og KM is town.

It will be then but what about beforehand? That isnt gonna help us right now if og kingmaker dies night 4 or something

You aren?t really compatible with two of my other susses (Bianca and Tom(especially him)) but you haven?t done anything particularly helpful or provided much content with your 30 or so posts, the only post I feel being useful was detailing your Tom sus
How not Tom? I'm thinking Tom/Panda's a likely team here tbh

I'm more town leaning on glow but null on Kat. She seems very pro town but she can be deceptive like a snake. I try to not let her reads affect mine too much - I think the reason she keeps town reading me is to stroke my ego
if you want bashing, I can talk about meme mafia where if you were active we could have ****ing won the game :lemon:

@Ryumia OMGUS refers to calling someone scum just because that person called you scum. With Dolby, your reasons for sussing him weren't given aside from your quote of Dolby being sus of you.

It looks like to me that your blindly pointing your finger.

i mean, we're all blindly pointing fingers until something comes up to prove otherwise.
only people who know who's-who is the scum team.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It will be then but what about beforehand? That isnt gonna help us right now if og kingmaker dies night 4 or something

lol i have no idea what you're trying to say.

- - - Post Merge - - -

what are you talking about. use your head dude.
don't you think that if the og KM was mafia aligned, when the og KM dies, wouldn't it go to a mafia goon (the mafia ver of a vanilla townie)

Let me give you some advice.

Instead of trying to refute logic based on patterns that go back years, or giving your opinion on things that are irrelevant to this game (e.g. your opinion on coaching or scum members writing posts for their scummates), focus your energies on trying to determine who is town and who is scum in this game. Because what you're doing now is writing content that is irrelevant to the game itself, which honestly has me leaning scum on you because it feels like filler content to look like you're contributing when you're not. But I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here because you're new.

If you're town, your focus is in the wrong place and you're wasting your energy on things that don't help us. What will help us is if you give your opinions on the people within the game. Not your opinion on the game itself.

Okay. Thanks for the advice. But... I do think it was important to refute that though. 'Cause it seems to me that some people think it was a good reason to point a finger at someone when it really isn't. I still think it is blind reasoning to do so. And... Using that kind of reasoning doesn't help the town to me.

My opinion about who is scum and who is town is something that I don't know. Because the only person I can count on is me. It's like I said... You guys seems to know what to in this game while I do not. People here seem to have an idea on whose is who and I'm still currently figuring that out.

tae said:
what are you talking about. use your head dude.
don't you think that if the og KM was mafia aligned, when the og KM dies, wouldn't it go to a mafia goon (the mafia ver of a vanilla townie)
Why Goon specifically?

Okay. Thanks for the advice. But... I do think it was important to refute that though. 'Cause it seems to me that some people think it was a good reason to point a finger at someone when it really isn't. I still think it is blind reasoning to do so. And... Using that kind of reasoning doesn't help the town to me.

My opinion about who is scum and who is town is something that I don't know. Because the only person I can count on is me. It's like I said... You guys seems to know what to in this game while I do not. People here seem to have an idea on whose is who and I'm still currently figuring that out.
Thing is, you defended the person who you replaced iirc (you were defending Zendel right?), so essentially all you've done this game is defend yourself.

Rn, we want to lynch scum, so anyone that looks like the person is pushing towards that would be town aligned. Anyone either not helping or being counterproductive to this (by saying someone is scum for an invalid reason, coasting, ect) would be scum aligned. Basically, when someone posts, you gotta look into the motives that the person has and if they're trying to get a baddie on the chopping block for sound reasons, then that's townie, whereas if they aren't, then that's scummy. There's a lot more of little nuances there besides that (like meta, bussing (not the role), ect), but that's the basics!

Have you ever read a book or watched a TV show where there is a bad guy in disguise as a good person? Have you worked it out long before it was properly revealed to the audience? Hopefully your answer to this is yes. And you would have picked up on that by their dialogue, their actions, etc.

Finding mafia is the same. You need to be looking at peoples posts and questioning everything.

- Does something seem off about their tone or word choice?
- Does it feel forced or real?
- Does a reaction make sense or does it seem illogical?
- What is their motivation with this post?
etc.

Why Goon specifically?

Thing is, you defended the person who you replaced iirc (you were defending Zendel right?), so essentially all you've done this game is defend yourself.

Rn, we want to lynch scum, so anyone that looks like the person is pushing towards that would be town aligned. Anyone either not helping or being counterproductive to this (by saying someone is scum for an invalid reason, coasting, ect) would be scum aligned. Basically, when someone posts, you gotta look into the motives that the person has and if they're trying to get a baddie on the chopping block for sound reasons, then that's townie, whereas if they aren't, then that's scummy. There's a lot more of little nuances there besides that (like meta, bussing (not the role), ect), but that's the basics!

Have you ever read a book or watched a TV show where there is a bad guy in disguise as a good person? Have you worked it out long before it was properly revealed to the audience? Hopefully your answer to this is yes. And you would have picked up on that by their dialogue, their actions, etc.

Finding mafia is the same. You need to be looking at peoples posts and questioning everything.

- Does something seem off about their tone or word choice?
- Does it feel forced or real?
- Does a reaction make sense or does it seem illogical?
- What is their motivation with this post?
etc.

Thanks for me giving more advice when it comes to this game. It makes it easier for me to play since I didn't really have much of a clue with what to do here. This is something I really appreciate. So... Thanks again. You guys gave me somewhere to start because I was having problems with where to begin.

Though... I do have some questions. What is meta? I don't think it is on the Encyclopedia Maftannica. SR is scum reading? TR is Town reading? I am assuming that what those mean, but I just wanted to be sure before assuming it to be. I have to have the Encyclopedia Maftannica open while playing because there were terms that I didn't understand. I mean... I did have to guess what some of them were while playing this game.

Hey Ness I need t- just messin.

Also if we?re deadset on Trundle/Jacob candidates I would rather Trundle get it since at the very least he would be more active.

Understandable, Trundle is definitely more active. However if I do become King, I'd definitely be more actively on thread and analytical considering everyone would be counting on me lol

I do wanna say though, I'm trying a lot harder this game to keep my activity levels up. Tae mentioned that I tend to forget about games I'm playing, but in actuality Online Forums are banned at my school for whatever reason, so I only have like 4-10 PM to play and do homework, assuming I'm not doing anything else that day.

Next phase would be Thursday and Friday afternoon, I don't have anything planned (Friday night I do, shouldn't be a problem tho). Can definitely play king for us, but it's up to KM to decide if its necessary to have me during the morning hours, which I can't promise

Thanks for me giving more advice when it comes to this game. It makes it easier for me to play since I didn't really have much of a clue with what to do here. This is something I really appreciate. So... Thanks again. You guys gave me somewhere to start because I was having problems with where to begin.

Though... I do have some questions. What is meta? I don't think it is on the Encyclopedia Maftannica. SR is scum reading? TR is Town reading? I am assuming that what those mean, but I just wanted to be sure before assuming it to be. I have to have the Encyclopedia Maftannica open while playing because there were terms that I didn't understand. I mean... I did have to guess what some of them were while playing this game.

Meta is the past behaviors and play style of a person that may help you determine their alignment

META refers to how you normally play.

If I scum read Tina, for example, because of META reasons, it's because she is playing with a style completely different than the style she used in a past game when she wasn't mafia.

Why Goon specifically?

because doesnt mafia goon equate to vanilla townie?
correct me if im wrong, but i just assumed since KM can only be passed to a townie if they die that if the starting km was mafia it would be the same logic.

How not Tom? I'm thinking Tom/Panda's a likely team here tbh

if you want bashing, I can talk about meme mafia where if you were active we could have ****ing won the game :lemon:

@Ryumia OMGUS refers to calling someone scum just because that person called you scum. With Dolby, your reasons for sussing him weren't given aside from your quote of Dolby being sus of you.

fair enough considering I don't remember that game in the slightest

- - - Post Merge - - -

slight townread on tae, and after rereading the cringey amazonevan + tina "wow we agree on stuff xD" i have slightly less scum read on her, i'd still lynch her in a heartbeat though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back