šŸ–¼Wowzers, an art thread by BobRocks20!

BobRocks20

Wowzers!
Bells
Switch
0557-5119-2409
Pink Hybrid Rose
Blue Hybrid Violet
Rotating Fool's Egg
Apple (Fruit)
Cake
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Here is where I'll be sharing stuff that doesn't belong in my "Crocheted Goods by BobRocks20" thread. This includes traditional drawings, digital drawings, and whatever else I feel like showing off.

I originally posted the following in the Sketchbook thread, but for things to be more organized I'm gonna start by reposting them, text and all. From now onwards, further things I make will be shared in this thread. I will also be reposting past stuff when I feel like it.

Original

On April Fool's Day I commissioned @/Yanrima~ (sorry if the ping irritated you but I think it would be great if you saw this!) to draw Kirby with the Pokemon character Kieranā€™s messy ponytail. Eventually I got inspired to flesh out this new (but fake) copy ability, which I have dubbed ā€œKierbyā€. So this is Kierby and his powersā€¦
img_0610-jpeg.551795
[/ATTACH]
Extra notes:
  • "Kieran's team" refers to the roster used by Kieran during The Indigo Disk.
  • Kirby can initially be controlled under the "Kierby" ability. Upon pressing the attack button, Kierby will release a random PokĆ©mon that will be controlled by the player for as long as the copy ability lasts.
  • Kierby will follow the PokĆ©mon as it's moving.
  • PokĆ©mon can be switched at any time.
And hereā€™s a bonus description I made up for Kierby. Warning, if you havenā€™t beat The Indigo Disk yet, this may contain some spoiler-ish things so Iā€™ve hidden it just in case.
Students and staff at Blueberry Academy are investigating the mysterious disappearance of the newly-elected BB League champion. Kierby, donning the championā€™s signature hairstyle, may be culpable; despite being a pink puffball, he is almost as strong and intimidating as his counterpart!
Original

Based on a true dilemma...
img_0615-jpeg.552237

You can talk to me all you want about glasses not harming your vision, but it will take forever for me to finally be convinced. Attacking my mom won't work either, plus it's disrespectful.
Original

These are some things I drew on my chemistry notebook...
img_0657-jpeg.553391

This first one was from when we learned about metric units; they use it a lot in science.

img_0658-jpeg.553393

We were required to watch a video about safety in chemistry. In the video this guy makes a compound called "fuming nitric acid" that can burn lab gloves but not vinyl gloves.
img_0659-jpeg.553395

We also learned about gas stoves and their impact on the environment. When you run them they release these pollutant chemicals, among them nitrogen dioxide and carbon monoxide. Exposure to these pollutant chemicals can cause asthma, heart problems, and cancer.
img_0660-jpeg.553397

I'll have to explain why he's calling Mars "Rusty Dusty". We read an article about the possibility of life in Mars and the article talked about how Mars is full of iron dust and rust-colored rocks that give the planet its color. It joked that it could be nicknamed "Dusty Rusty", which kind of irked me TBH, so I decided to make fun of that through the comic. The words were switched around in the comic because my memory was hazy.

Here is where I'll be sharing stuff that doesn't belong in my "Crocheted Goods by BobRocks20" thread. This includes traditional drawings, digital drawings, and whatever else I feel like showing off.

I originally posted the following in the Sketchbook thread, but for things to be more organized I'm gonna start by reposting them, text and all. From now onwards, further things I make will be shared in this thread. I will also be reposting past stuff when I feel like it.

Original

On April Fool's Day I commissioned @/Yanrima~ (sorry if the ping irritated you but I think it would be great if you saw this!) to draw Kirby with the Pokemon character Kieranā€™s messy ponytail. Eventually I got inspired to flesh out this new (but fake) copy ability, which I have dubbed ā€œKierbyā€. So this is Kierby and his powersā€¦
img_0610-jpeg.551795
[/ATTACH]
Extra notes:
  • "Kieran's team" refers to the roster used by Kieran during The Indigo Disk.
  • Kirby can initially be controlled under the "Kierby" ability. Upon pressing the attack button, Kierby will release a random PokĆ©mon that will be controlled by the player for as long as the copy ability lasts.
  • Kierby will follow the PokĆ©mon as it's moving.
  • PokĆ©mon can be switched at any time.
And hereā€™s a bonus description I made up for Kierby. Warning, if you havenā€™t beat The Indigo Disk yet, this may contain some spoiler-ish things so Iā€™ve hidden it just in case.
Students and staff at Blueberry Academy are investigating the mysterious disappearance of the newly-elected BB League champion. Kierby, donning the championā€™s signature hairstyle, may be culpable; despite being a pink puffball, he is almost as strong and intimidating as his counterpart!
Original

Based on a true dilemma...
img_0615-jpeg.552237

You can talk to me all you want about glasses not harming your vision, but it will take forever for me to finally be convinced. Attacking my mom won't work either, plus it's disrespectful.
Original

These are some things I drew on my chemistry notebook...
img_0657-jpeg.553391

This first one was from when we learned about metric units; they use it a lot in science.

img_0658-jpeg.553393

We were required to watch a video about safety in chemistry. In the video this guy makes a compound called "fuming nitric acid" that can burn lab gloves but not vinyl gloves.
img_0659-jpeg.553395

We also learned about gas stoves and their impact on the environment. When you run them they release these pollutant chemicals, among them nitrogen dioxide and carbon monoxide. Exposure to these pollutant chemicals can cause asthma, heart problems, and cancer.
img_0660-jpeg.553397

I'll have to explain why he's calling Mars "Rusty Dusty". We read an article about the possibility of life in Mars and the article talked about how Mars is full of iron dust and rust-colored rocks that give the planet its color. It joked that it could be nicknamed "Dusty Rusty", which kind of irked me TBH, so I decided to make fun of that through the comic. The words were switched around in the comic because my memory was hazy.
ahh i love your art! something about the style reminds me of dog man or big nate?
ig iā€™ll have to be more careful with my gas burner;;

Here's a new comic inspired by someone's opinion on the PokƩmon Generation 7 games.
IMG_0708.jpeg

I find it sad how a pet peeve can get in the way of enjoying a good game, or anything in general. This comic is supposed to make fun of that.

I did this quick drawing two days ago after I commissioned MrBox, a fellow TBT user, to do these rough sketches of PaRappa and Kieran (mood). This is supposed to be their main OC, or "sona" as they call it. My only references are in their Kofi.
img_0723-jpeg.555761

I'm nuts for their art! And the fact that I was unaware of their drawings for a while (I first met them in Nook's Cranny) kind of strengthens it in a way.

If Kieran were an animal, I think he'd be a black cat. Speaking of which, here are some never-before-seen digital drawings of Kieran the cat from a while ago. Try to ignore the inconsistencies...
backdrop1.png
backdrop2.png
backdrop6.png
backdrop2 (1).png

Fun fact: I used the third image as my icon a while ago.

And this last one is my favorite:
comparison.png

I have three old books that have been gathering dust for a while and I think it's time for me to share them! First off is "Pirate Alex finds the treasure."

Front cover:
IMG_0775.jpeg

Back cover:
IMG_0785.jpeg

If I can recall, there was a student book contest going on and I wrote this one as an entry. The plot's nothing extravagant, but my book ended up getting the "Teacher's Choice" label anyway, and that made little ol' me proud. Here's the book in its entirety:
IMG_0776.jpeg
IMG_0777.jpeg
IMG_0778.jpeg
IMG_0779.jpeg
IMG_0780.jpeg
IMG_0781.jpeg
IMG_0782.jpeg
IMG_0783.jpeg
IMG_0784.jpeg

The next two books, "Guest Bakes a Cake" and "Guest at the Store", will be shared soon! Trust me when I say that you're gonna want to read "Guest at the Store." I'm hyping it up for a reason! ;)

"Teacher's Choice 2017"? More like danmokun's Choice 2024. šŸ˜Ž *slaps a golden sticker that takes up half the cover* I like how there's just a random day/moment it rained on the island for no reason and with no explanation... just rained that one time! ā˜”šŸ˜‚ Ain't no way Alex only found 8 meager coins inside that chest: he's keeping the rest to himself I bet. šŸ˜  Nice story! šŸ‘šŸŽ²

Oh, I love your art! There's something about your style that's nostalgic for me. (Probably because it reminds me of Dog Man, hehe.) It brings me back to when I used to make comics in elementary school.

Keep it up! Your art make me smile. c:

Back