• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Wowie wow! Villager just gave me a Celeste diy!

I think I have an idea of what's happening here!
@707 mentioned recently restarting, so...
This is most likely related to the Project K storyline, when the villagers ping you to help bring K.K. over and give you various things to help!
IIRC, there were also Nook Miles furniture from your variant pool and customised DIY items in the pings, which is also way out of the ordinary.
So this would be a 'plot-related' thing that happens once early on if you happen to catch it and that's it. Just my speculative two cents! :lemon:

This is most likely related to the Project K storyline, when the villagers ping you to help bring K.K. over and give you various things to help!
IIRC, there were also Nook Miles furniture from your variant pool and customised DIY items in the pings, which is also way out of the ordinary.
So this would be a 'plot-related' thing that happens once early on if you happen to catch it and that's it. Just my speculative two cents! :lemon:
This makes more sense! I was gonna say I’ve never seen that except outside of trying to get KK to visit. That’s pretty awesome though! Didn’t realize they could even give celeste diys

It will never happen to me since I don't give gifts to my villagers.

So far, I am just getting random clothes and furniture. :(

It will never happen to me since I don't give gifts to my villagers.

So far, I am just getting random clothes and furniture. :(
I've only given them fruit because its sooo much easier than anything else
Post automatically merged:

That would be super neat and great if that happened to everyone else tho
It makes sm sense too like maybe c:

wonder if someone else gave cookie this diy before for some reason....
Maybe she wanted to be an astronaut but then she went nvm

oh this is neat!! i didn’t even know villagers could give you diys unless they were in their homes crafting :0

likely not a glitch but maybe just a really rare occasion? especially since i haven’t seen this happen to anyone else before but,, definitely not a bad thing aha :p

I remember getting a couple of Crook Miles items from villagers specifically saying it was to help with Project K.K.

I got a utility pole and a streetlamp.

Reactions: 707
I think you're right, although I was never given a diy, during that time I was given a crewed spaceship to help with decorating the island.

Reactions: 707
I haven't seen villagers do this! Now I'm kind of hoping mine will give me some special DIYs, especially the seasonal ones. :p

My villagers have sent me real artwork and fossils so they can clearly send you "rare" stuff. It wouldn't surprise me if this was an actual feature and not a glitch, just a rare one.

Interesting! I forgot that in the early days of the game Mira gave me a NM springy ride-on, didn’t realize it was tied to getting three stars/KK

Didn't even know that dialogue was an option, but that's such a cool feature,,, and your luck is A1!!<33

actually one time my friend's villager gave her a manhole cover, which is a DIY recipe, though they gave her the crafted version. it was something to do with the project kk thing.
based on that, im assuming maybe villagers just do that sorta thing during the project kk phase. i think only 2 villagers ever bother to help you out with that (at least, that happened to me. the one i can remember is i got a gas can from sherb and something else from curlos...) so perhaps it's possible for them to give you normal furniture, crafted furniture, and diys that they want you to craft to help raise the rating.
just my speculations ;v;

oh this is neat!! i didn’t even know villagers could give you diys unless they were in their homes crafting :0

likely not a glitch but maybe just a really rare occasion? especially since i haven’t seen this happen to anyone else before but,, definitely not a bad thing aha :p
A lot of people are saying it's tied to the storyline & I def would go with that! We've made a discovery here together & I love that sm

what the...how the heck did it happen again
LMAO
It DEF has to do with the storyline like the peeps up there said. Audie gave it to me this time! I wish I had more types of villagers to see if they all give you different special diys but yeah
Both peppy & both gave me the SAME exact diy

Didn't even know that dialogue was an option, but that's such a cool feature,,, and your luck is A1!!<33
I wish it wasn't only there for the storyline. If this many people haven't seen that dialogue then there must be so much more of it going to waste just because of that! Which is sad because it's such a super cute thing of them to say! I was v happy when she said she was gonna build it. :')

That’s actually really cool I wish my islanders would give me DIY’s :(
The coolest diys I get from my islanders is any of the shell ones

I think they do give you seasonal diys! I'm not sure tbh
The only time I've heard about someone getting a fossil from a villager is when my bf's villager gifted him dinosaur poopies (which i will never forget because his fav villager did it too)
They're just tryna help out the little babies. I want to give them the better things too. ; w ;
I haven't seen villagers do this! Now I'm kind of hoping mine will give me some special DIYs, especially the seasonal ones. :p

My villagers have sent me real artwork and fossils so they can clearly send you "rare" stuff. It wouldn't surprise me if this was an actual feature and not a glitch, just a rare one.

Since it happened TWICE I'm 100000% sure that it def has to do with the storyline! Which is super neat & I love it very much!
Just sad that a lot of stuff goes to waste because it's so easy to get 3 stars so fast. I can tell because everyone here keeps saying they haven't seeing it before & I'm just :'(
weird! maybe it only happens at night

actually one time my friend's villager gave her a manhole cover, which is a DIY recipe, though they gave her the crafted version. it was something to do with the project kk thing.
based on that, im assuming maybe villagers just do that sorta thing during the project kk phase. i think only 2 villagers ever bother to help you out with that (at least, that happened to me. the one i can remember is i got a gas can from sherb and something else from curlos...) so perhaps it's possible for them to give you normal furniture, crafted furniture, and diys that they want you to craft to help raise the rating.
just my speculations ;v;
What is your island rating? And have you unlocked KK yet?

Last edited:
Interesting! I forgot that in the early days of the game Mira gave me a NM springy ride-on, didn’t realize it was tied to getting three stars/KK
Yes, now that I think about it, I also remember getting a street lamp and public bench in the early game from my villagers who said it was for KK slider/3 stars too. My sister also got a crafted bamboo bench from one of her villagers, and thats why at first we thought it was an orderable item. So I suppose it really does make sense if villagers give these recipes for KK!

Back