• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

wow, new xbox controller!

So right before they release the replacement for controllers, they release a new standard controller??
lolwut?

Ciaran said:
So right before they release the replacement for controllers, they release a new standard controller??
lolwut?
Kinect isn't a replacement, it's an optional thing. The standard controller needed an update, the d-pad sucks.

David said:
Ciaran said:
lolwut?
Kinect isn't a replacement, it's an optional thing. The standard controller needed an update, the d-pad sucks.
I don't see what the problem is with the dpad. I'm quite happy with it.
But eh, I'm sure they will be enough people wanting to pay $65 for a new controller.

AndyB said:
David said:
Ciaran said:
lolwut?
But eh, I'm sure they will be enough people wanting to pay $65 for a new controller.
I just got a new controller, and the d-pad sometimes only works if you press harder than you should have to.

David said:
AndyB said:
David said:
Ciaran said:
lolwut?
I just got a new controller, and the d-pad sometimes only works if you press harder than you should have to.
Maybe that's just that one controller, rather than the whole line.

AndyB said:
David said:
AndyB said:
David said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Maybe that's just that one controller, rather than the whole line.
I looked it up on youtube and stuff, there's lots of people that have the same problem, there's a fix for it, but it involves taking apart the entire controller and sanding around the d-pad.

That play and charge kit, it's like 30.00 and a controller is what 45.00-50.00 for an official one, not bad, I won't get one. Looks awesome though.

Looks pretty cool. I'll be pretty pissed if the charge kit won't fit on the new controller and I have to go spend 25 bucks for a replacement.

Reminds me, I got into the beta for Kinect. ;)

Nic said:
Looks pretty cool. I'll be pretty pissed if the charge kit won't fit on the new controller and I have to go spend 25 bucks for a replacement.

In the video I think he said it will only work for the new one.

beta wat?

SSgt. Garrett said:
Nic said:

In the video I think he said it will only work for the new one.

beta wat?
he means beta testing. it happens with new products. they get people to test it out to make sure it works.

SSgt. Garrett said:
Pally said:
Ooh wow better D-Pad.
Apparently that's a big deal... I never had a problem with mine..
Apparently, enough people did, that it needed a new design.
But the funny thing is... it's not being shipped with the new consoles yet. Good one Microsoft, great bunch of apes you have working for your gaming division!

Guys its a controller, its not like you NEED to buy it, it's just nice to have a better one to choose from if your current controller wears out and you need to buy a new one.

Back