• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Would you rather know when you die...or how you die?

I don't really want to know either, but if I had to pick, I would want to know when. Then I can make sure I live life to the fullest before that date.

I wouldn't want to know at all. But if I had to pick, I'd rather know how so I could try to prevent it. The date can't be prevented so I'd just be sad for my last days.

I'd honestly prefer not to know either of those things. :confused: I'm completely content to be oblivious about those since I do have a bothersome fear of death to begin with, so knowing details would very likely just make it worse.

I would also prefer to know when. At least that way you can't just die unexpectedly because that'd be even worse for family/friends. You know when it's coming so you and they can be prepared to say goodbye.

Maybe if one would know how they die they would be able to find a way to prevent it from happening...
Either way i would've want to know what happens. Too freaky and I wouldn't want to make life more hasty and unnerving as it is.

When for sure, I feel like if I knew how I'd just be super anxious about the thing that kills me. Like if I died in my sleep I would be stressed about going to bed every night, or if it was drowning I'd never want to go near water again lol if I knew when at least I could know how to spend the rest of my time left

when, id rather know how much time i have left and use it wisely lol

?Hey Soos, wanna hear the exact time and date of your death??
?Okay.?

Well this thread is old and I already voted but I don?t remember what I votes for... but I?d choose when I died. If I chose how I died I may be able to prevent it but then again I may not. Say I died in a car crash. When is the crash? When should I expect it? Guess I couldn?t live with that lol.

Neither, but staying in spirit of the topic rather than being boring:

When I die.

If I knew how I died and it turned out to be road accident or something, I would just avoid roads and vehicles for the rest of my life which is massively inconvenient, as well as being ultra paranoid anytime I HAVE to be in any situation with/near/involving the 'thing'. A life of avoiding something and constant paranoia isn't one I want to live.

But with when I die I can pretty much get on with life knowing whatever I do won't kill me, at least until that time comes. Won't change much with how I live my life since I can still be injured and disabled doing something, but anything I may be put off from fear of death I'll be a lot more happy to give a go. It's only closer to the time I'll be paranoid etc rather than a lifetime of it.

I think I would prefer to know when I would die, because if I know how I would never be able to do this specific activity ever again.

I would probably say neither.

If finding out how, then people would obviously avoid the place/person/object all the time; though this could then probably change the way you will die; so something else might happen and you wouldn't see it coming as you were more focused on the other way you will die.
Quick/simple example: You found out you were gonna die by a certain someone and when trying to avoid them you slip and fall down the stairs getting killed that way.
(Though I guess if it was a person who was going to kill you, you would figure out why they are gonna kill you and get evidence that they are going to do so, so they go to jail or you figure out a way that he doesn't have to kill you.)

Finding out when, people have already said but once you know the date, that knowledge will sit in the pit of your stomach, you will feel worse the quicker you get to the date and everything before then will feel pointless. Course people will try and ready themselves so they will try and avoid the cause of death and I guess that could lead to problems.

I think I saw something on tumblr, where instead of these two options, before you die you get to see the times in your life where you could have died, like you almost died but didn't. That would be interesting.

None of the above please!

It'd be different if I were part of the Madoka universe though.

No I would not want to know. I have anxiety so if I New I would just be to depressed and consume my time worrying about it.

If I had to choose, I'd like to know when I die. That way, I know that I'll always be okay because unless it's my time to go.

Back