• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Would you play/decorate if there was no terraforming?

I would still play. As much as I love terraforming, it does change the focus of the game a bit for me. As previously mentioned, I'd be a lot more picky about the initial map.

Now that I've gotten used to it, though, if the next ac installment doesn't have terraforming, I would be a bit disappointed.

Would be really interesting if they added being able to move/ change things like resident services location, the river mouth locations/number, a 4th land tier for really high cliffs and waterfalls...😁

I would still play, but terraforming is a quality of life mechanic that has changed the game for the better. I guess I would still play. No terraforming, but there is outside decoration so I would still want to play for a nicely, decorated island. The future games should have terraforming, maybe even a more improved version of it, featuring different terrains like desert, tundra and swampland. HHP may be a base for the next game considering the different terrains of each of the islands but I digress.
Would be really interesting if they added being able to move/ change things like resident services location, the river mouth locations/number, a 4th land tier for really high cliffs and waterfalls...😁
Yes, I really wanted to create a tall mountain for my island when I first started. I was disappointed that there was a limit.

I would still play for sure. I honestly find terraforming to be overwhelming. I went pretty crazy with it on my first/launch day island, but after a little over a month i realized just how much I had rushed into things and quickly grew unhappy with what I had done. I ended up resetting to the island I currently have, however my current island has also gone through a lot of terraforming. I wish I had taken better videos of past builds because my island's cliffs, rivers, etc. have changed drastically over the past few years. I go through bursts of energy/motivation when I terraform and I think I only really do major terraforming twice a year or so.

Anyways. being able to shape the land however we want is quite daunting and because of that I often feel lost and overwhelmed on where to even start. Maybe this is a hot take, but I actually prefer New Leaf because I didn't have to worry about shaping my entire map to how I want. The customization in NH is great, however I can also see how it's failed to grasp some former fans (ik my brother isn't fond of all the customization). So yeah, I'd for sure play NH even if terraforming wasn't a feature. The only thing I'd say is that if not for terraforming, I think I'd have way less hours on the game. The customization is what keeps you busy in the game because other than that, NH is honestly pretty empty with not much else to do, which is unfortunate.

Back