• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Worth It?

Jp_

Senior Member (Not rly)
Bells
This game is $40, Is it really that good?
Should I buy it?

It's cute... pretty much like ACNL and Minecraft... i play it like minecraft too, little by little... i still havent done the hotel because i dont want to complete the game yet >.<

Honestly, it isn't worth it, It's one aspect of New Leaf with a few more features. It's boring, easy to beat, and dull. In my opinion, don't get it, it stinks really bad...

I really liked it. I enjoyed making all the houses and buildings for the animals, and just having an easier time getting all the neighbors I liked. Though, it does get old REALLY fast... I played it for like a week, and after that I didn't come back to it for a while.

I think it's a great game, but not worth full price. If you ever see it on sale for, like, 25 or less, go for it.

Not sure it really warrants that high a price, but it is truly fun. I recommend not blowing through them- it's going to be hard, because there's a LOT of stuff that opens up over time, which will make it feel more like an actual AC game.

I got it literally yesterday, and now today... I have finished my town and all I can do is rebuild and continue new projects.
I got it for 30 bucks. I waited till it cheaper.

Had I got it brand new, I probably would have been a bit disappointed. To get the end credits in just a couple of hours is really sad lol and it wasn't like I had to do a whole bunch to get there.

If you like to mess around and design it's a good game. You can go back and change it to how you want and continue doing other villagers houses.
But if you were looking for more out of the game then it probably isn't worth it.
Even though I'm going to keep it, I wish there were more projects and expansions to do.

I'd say it depends on what side of ACNL you prefer: if you love decorating your house then it's a great game, but if you like talking to villagers, going fishing, shopping etc, it's probably not worth it... I had a lot of fun with it for the first 2 weeks or so but then it gets boring...

Honestly, it isn't worth it, It's one aspect of New Leaf with a few more features. It's boring, easy to beat, and dull. In my opinion, don't get it, it stinks really bad...

this. there's no challenge to it, it seems the villagers are always happy no matter how you decorate their houses. all it did for me was make me want to return to playing new leaf. happy home designer just feels like a very small fraction of what new leaf is. I understand it's a side game of course, but I was rather disappointed with the lack of challenge the decorating provided.

I recommend it for a price around 20 dollars. That's exactly how much it cost on Ebay. It's selling so bad, Gamestop recently reduced the price.

I read a lot of reviews from critics and it doesn't seem worth it. With 40$ I could buy myself Fire Emblems Conquest and play it for days at a time, or the Pokemon Sun and Moon game in the future. As I read the above comments myself, the popular opinion is the game gets boring quite easily, and I can see why. If the villagers like your decorating no matter what you do, why do it in the first place? And you cannot decorate your own character, which seems unfulfilling. Spend the money on something else, like I would if I had the money. I think you can watch people play it online and get the same sense of "wow! I did something!". But I would also recommend you buy it if the game were on sale, but 40$ does not seem worth it.

it came with my n3ds and it's pretty fun but gets boring when you design one or two houses, i would get it when it comes on sale.

I bought the Happy Home Designer bundle that came with the New3ds, so I didn't "pay" for it and was happy with it. I wouldn't have bought it if I had to pay 40$ for it.

It's very fun if you like decorating. It's best feature, that is missing in ACNL, is that you can place items outside as well as inside and there is a larger inventory to select from. Downside, it's not challengingly designed. It's for personal satisfaction and accomplishment. I completed my town pretty quickly, but totally enjoy continuing to go back and design more homes. That being said, don't pay full price for it, $40 is way over priced for the ACHHD game. Buy it used !!! eBay, Game Stop, Amazon all have used copies for $20 or less. All three sites offer some sort of warranties with your purchases :)

It is a very fun game! Just definitely buy it used or on sale. It is not worth $40.

i think for me it was probably worth it, decorating was always my favourite part of acnl but it does wear thin pretty quickly. it definitely doesn't have as much to do as new leaf so you might feel a little cheated if you buy it full price. so yeah, to echo everyone else i'd say it was worth it but maybe pick it up used

So totally worth it, if you need a break from new leaf, happy home designer is perfect !! You get to design ALL of your dreamies homes in ANY style you want, literally whats better than that ??

Back