• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Words that you've misspelled for a long time

I still can't spell embarrassed correctly. In fact I had to have Chrome's spell checker fix it for me in this very post. ;_;

I will never not get tripped up by those R's and S's.

Somewhat related, but I never really understood how some people end up with "defiantly" when trying to spell "definitely".

i cannot stand the word character I ALWAYS SPELL IT WRONG NO MATTER WHAT IT MAKES ME SO M A D

I E EVEN SPELLED IT WRONG HERE i just hate it i always put characture like pl e a s e.

This word needs to burn i hate spelling it

Ummm All of them? I am horrible at spelling! (Thank you spell-check! TT^TT)

even though i've always generally been pretty good when it comes to spelling, i always get confused about 'practise/practice' - like which one is it?? D: why must the english language be so confusinggg

Last edited:
Business. I used to spell it as Buisness.

- - - Post Merge - - -

even though i've always generally been pretty good when it comes to spelling, i always get confused about 'practise/practice' - like which one is it?? D: why must the english language be so confusinggg

Another one that's confusing is there. I mean what there do you mean? Its over there? The ... is theirs? SOOOOO CONFUSING?!?!

I don't think I spell anything wrong that much? I do occasionally put "looses" instead of "loses" though which pisses me off

just like a lot of you, I still have a hard time spelling words with two letters like "embarrassed"; I still struggle with spelling "definitely"

- - - Post Merge - - -

there's also UK vs US spelling
in UK, I think "defense" is spelled "defence" and "check" is spelled "cheque"

I often spell tomorrow as tommorow or tommorrow. Ooops.

Also I end up spelling believe like beleive WAY too much.
Never been great at spelling, lol.

I always had trouble spelling definitely so I would use spellcheck. It would recommend defiantly so I'd use that. Even though the word is COMPLETELY different.

For some reason I have the habit of spelling remember and member like rememeber and memeber.

I used to spell business as buisness, until I became a business admin major, lol.

I have trouble with vacuum.

I can never remember if it is two c's, two u's or both.

I spelled whoa as woah for the longest time

I still do this anyway because I think it's universally recognised as "woah" even though it's incorrect. It's like "alright", I remember getting into trouble for that so many times by my English teacher. Apparently it's supposed to be "all right" but I still just use the former lol.

Surprised to see I wasn't the only one who struggled with "business" as a kid. "Vacuum" is another one.

oh mannnnn, sometimes i still don't know if i'm spelling judgmental correctly or not. necessary was hard for me. oh yea, **** the word 'restaurant'. i could never figure out how to spell it! i know i used to say business as buisness too. there's a few others i can't think of

Wednesday . still had to google it though . I thought it was spelled Wendsday or or Wensday . it's hard for me lol

my life goal is to be able to spell the word diarrhea without the use of autocorrect

Back