• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Words that you've misspelled for a long time

saehanfox

K-Fox
Bells
for a long time, I though "sherbet" was spelled "sherbert" because of the way I pronounced it
I also thought "Wisconsin" was spelled "Winsconsin" because that's how I pronounced it

I've always spelled rhythm as rythmn for some reason.
Also magazine and exercise have always been difficult for me :p

When I was little (like primary school) I always used to write "business" as "buisness". It took a long time and many corrections by the teacher for me to break that habit.

I used to spell necessary as "nesesary" and it still makes me cringe to type it like that.

I can't think of many words I've spelled wrong but I've pronounced a lot of things wrong and only found out their correct pronunciation years later, I'm sure I still do too.

As a non-native English speaker I probably misspell many words (and mispronounce even more! grr). Sometimes it's hard to tell when there are supposed to be two consonants (possession, accommodation) or whether there's supposed to be an s or a c in a word. Several vowel combinations give me a headache too sometimes (pronunciation vs. pronounciation etc.). Oh, and acquaintance is my eternal enemy. I never get it right on the first try.

Bless spell checkers. Please continue guarding us from the horrendous, never-ending stream of misspellings by people like me. How about adding a grammar checker in there as well! Something like that needs to exist. ....and let's add exist to my list of words I keep misspelling. Along with except and expect and

Last edited:
I can't think of many words I've spelled wrong but I've pronounced a lot of things wrong and only found out their correct pronunciation years later, I'm sure I still do too.
Same and I still do out of habit. Everytime I say "plug out" instead of "unplug" everyone gets annoyed. I can't help myself though.

i always have to think before i type 'rhythm' (i spelled it wrong the first time here too lmao) and i remember when i was younger i'd have issues with 'restaurant'. can't think of exactly how i'd spell it but i know i messed it up pretty often as well as 'business', i always wanted to spell that like 'buisness' instead.

I still can't spell embarrassed correctly. In fact I had to have Chrome's spell checker fix it for me in this very post. ;_;

Exercise and judgment.

I also thought "never mind" was all one word. Turns out it's two.

sometimes i still get "I before E except after C" words wrong
like achieve (i got it wrong when i wrote it here the first time) and that kind of stuff

Restaurant. Whenever I have to write that word in French class, I always ask someone and they're like "It's the same way you spell it in English." And I just go "Oh. How do you spell restaurant in English?" Idk why I just still can't spell it right.

I spell protein wrong like always why does I before E except after C not apply to this word
But then I have no problem spelling neighbor so Idk what my issue is

Also restaraunt and calendar I spelled wrong for a long time

- - - Post Merge - - -

LMAO I SPELLED RESTAURANT WRONG IN THAT POST

see I told you

Back