• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

will you stop playing when new horizons comes out?

i completely stopped playing, from playing pocket camp every day to only having opened it a few times since march 20th. i don't find it very fun and my need for animal crossing is fulfilled by new horizons. it's demotivating that you have to play so much to get the items, i would be okay with it if i could play for 5 to 10 minutes a day and keep up with events and such but the way things are you have to spend a lot of time multiple times a day doing these very repetitive and in my opinion not very fun tasks. i do miss all the pretty items but i am still low key hoping for some pocket camp items to be introduced in new horizons

ever since the hype of nh and before i had a switch, since i was itching to play animal crossing, i played pocket camp...i did drift from it once i got a switch n nh, though, which is what i expected

i stopped as well. in the beginning, i was just checking the lucky cake in case we should add these beautiful items to new horizons but i lost my hope about that (but i really like it will be the case, for real !)

If my phone had enough memory to support the app, I would still be playing.

I had to quit a long time ago, because, my phone is a potato. Lol.

I played pocket camp every day since its release and have stopped playing since ACNH's release. I feel like ACPC had a lot of grindy and gacha elements that made me whale out money like crazy and it feels much better (for me and my wallet) to step away from that kind of environment. I try to play at least once a month because I feel bad for my campers and friend list folks.

I've been checking in about every other day to every two days so far!

I wasn't planning to stop playing, but I have for the most part. My sister always asks me to play though so I feel bad. I might pick it up again when uni starts.

I did, removed it the day the game came out. That isn't to say I wouldn't redownload it at all, but I am getting my Animal Crossing fix finally!

I'm one of those weirdos that alternates between 3 AC games: NL, PC, and NH. Sometimes I don't have the spoons to play NL or NH and PC is enough. Or at least I can play it while I'm a passenger during a grocery run

I stopped playing a week or two after Pocket Camp released. I felt like it was getting repetitive going to islands where villagers are and doh g all of the tasks that I can’t even remember that well anymore. Plus it took a lot for my phone to run it.

I feel like Pocket Camp is like a bootleg Animal Crossing game. It's too app-like to really feel like an Animal Crossing game. I hate how gacha like it is. Kills the vibe for me.

I must admit, when NH first came out I abandoned PC completely. Now that I've been playing NH for a while (and my island is almost done) I've sort of crawled back to the app to play again. I kind of regret abandoning it for so long now! I think there's room in my life for a bit of both! :)

I played it everyday for about a month in... February I think? But I was far too busy to play too much, and I don't always have data.

That's what I prefer about New Horizons... it doesn't require so much interaction for you to be able to play and get a lot out of it! I also really disliked the gacha/microtransaction aspect of it.

Back