Will you abandon New Leaf?

Well?

• Total voters
I don't see a Switch in my foreseeable future, so New Leaf (and the older AC versions) are what I've got.

I think the last time I answered this question I said I wouldn't abandon New Leaf but as of late I've taken an NL break and it's been much needed. I feel like I could make a complete switch to the new game (if it is a full game) but at the same time, I would be hesitant because, I've worked so hard to get all the villagers I currently have and love. I wouldn't want to start all over without them. And the amiibo cards won't be usable to obtain villagers, so I don't really know.

At the time I answered this question before, I was convinced it would be a full title release but I have serious doubts about that now and I'm not so sure it will be.

So now I'm just uncertain of anything lol

if i got an animal crossing on the switch i would never want to put it down.. not even for acnl.
but.. if i bought a switch my boyfriend would want to use it n i cant afford to buy 2 switches...
so im stuck with acnl sighhhhh :C

Last edited:
Nope. Tbh, I'm not yet ready for the Switch. Idk why everyone keeps rushing them to announce AC for Switch, like read below Isabelle tweet replies... clearly it's not yet ready. Why rush, then complain about gameplay later on? I'm here for Nintendo taking their time.

I think that if the game for the Switch were amazing, I would probably put down NL.

No, if it's good I will add it in. I used birthday money at the start of the year for original Animal Crossing for my GameCube just got WW still have CF and 9 yes 9 towns hard copy since release...this was pre amibo collection now complete many extra cards though lol. But I still have one unopened NL I don't let gems go I just add the new in but I love NL is my favorite that I've gotten to really put time and with amibo money into and I completed that quest so no more big money spends for me. If it uses amibo all the better if not and is something all new with extras will wait but always NL the switch is not as adaptable as a carrier as first advertised like my 3dsxl

I wouldn't be able to afford the switch so New Leaf will still be my main game until I can afford the switch. After that the switch will be my main but ill still go on my old town because im afraid of losing dotty or roscoe lol

I don?t play it much anymore to be honest but I won?t abandon it completely.

It depends on if the next entry offers any new features that are good enough to keep me hooked. Much as I love NL, I feel like a new AC really needs more to do, activity-wise. Improved item and public work placement would be great, as would a better variety of villager types, as well as more locations to visit. City Folk made a huge deal about 'oh look you can take a bus to a SPRAWLING METROPOLIS with SO MUCH TO DO' when in reality it was like three buildings and took ages to load, both ways.

Maybe it's asking too much, or might seem like the antithesis of AC's whole point, but I'd love some kind of exploration aspect.

It will be a little hard to play between two different animal crossing files on two different systems for me but i do plan on coming back and playing at least a little. I enjoy my town and my villagers on new leaf too much to just let them go. Plus I enjoy collecting and playing all Pokemon titles so ill be keeping my 3DS etc. without a doubt. I really hope they have some sort of interaction between the new animal crossing game and new leaf. I would enjoy a benefit for having played or continue playing new leaf when the next title is released, like some sort of player visiting the other device or item trading between the two, anything would be nice in my mind.

Not unless it's a way better version of new leaf where you can have more villagers, more pwps, a bigger map, more things to catch and I can transfer my save data over >_>

I honestly don't know if I will or not. I recently came back to my town after almost a full year of not playing and I love it! It depends on how many changes are in the game or not.

Not unless it's a way better version of new leaf where you can have more villagers, more pwps, a bigger map, more things to catch and I can transfer my save data over >_>

It better be a better version. It's kind of silly in a way that NL is an upgrade to the previous games in a lot of ways, yet in cases like villager count, map size, etc it's actually a downgrade.

Like someone said here, I think they are testing things out with Pocket Camp. I know the new game would NOT be like pocket camp, but would have elements of it & Happy Home Designer. I can't see a main animal crossing game with craft materials. Those essences are just silly.

It would be cool if there are new buildings and even more fully customizable town, like those school and cafes and establishment like in HHD.

i haven't played in weeks but i always like to revisit my towns after a couple years, so no

I don't think I can ever abandon ACNL since I've put so much work and effort into it + all of the good memories the game has given me. A new Animal Crossing game would be a refreshing transition though. :)

I doubt I would ever drop new leaf. I feel like nintendo is testing the waters with things like happy home designer and pocket cap...but I'm sort of worried about the direction they may go with the game. Don't get me wrong, I love how more customisable things seem to be but having grown up with the old games I feel like new leaf doesn't share the same 'charm' wild world did for example (I still miss having messages in the bottle, that was such a cute idea why on earth did they scrap it??)

However I like the crafting items element, that seems really interesting. I feel like new leaf was such a massive upgrade for the series, like it was such a big change and I felt like it was a rather risky move but it played off. I'm really curious about future games (despite still being a tad worried) but knowing me I'd likely still buy it anyway because anything animal crossing related I'm sold!

Back