• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Will they ever add more?

Videoguy612

Bells
Do you think if this "Welcome Amiibo" card thing is a success they will add even MORE villagers that didnt return or do you think they are done with Animal Crossing New Leaf? I would love to hear your opinions.

I have never played the games that came before New Leaf, so I am not as attached to the missing villagers. I could only imagine Nintendo adding more old and maybe new villagers, if the cards will be usable in future animal crossing games. I doubt they'll do another update for New Leaf.

I have a feeling they're done with New Leaf, tbh. But if they add more, that'd be great. Hopefully they'd bring Dozer back...

Do you think if this "Welcome Amiibo" card thing is a success they will add even MORE villagers that didnt return or do you think they are done with Animal Crossing New Leaf? I would love to hear your opinions.

I think if it does well and they don't have the next game scheduled we may see at least another set of 50. There's definitely more than 50 left after this first set!

I sincerely doubt it, especially with the Switch coming out. If they do add anything to ACNL, I imagine it would be fixes, since the game doesn't work for some people now, or possibly fixing initiatives you can't do.

I think if it's successful, they may add more. They can really make money off of amiibo. And it's not like all of the DLC is added to your game. Most of it is villagers after all, so it's not like it'll overload the game, seeing as how we can only have 10 villagers at once.

I would love to think so, then again it would mean spending more money ;) I've been trying to get sylvana and dobies cards, have another 18 cards arriving tomorrow. Think it's been a big success over here given how fast all the cards sold out.
But then they have the new console to focus on and new games...so I'm not sure if they would want to add more so late in the day. You never know. We can hope :)

I doubt it. I think this is the last time they'll ever work on New Leaf. With this update, it kinda feels like they're giving us a taste of what the next AC game will include, assuming there is a new game in the works. And if we do get a new game, I'm sure they're going to add in a lot more content than they did in New Leaf. :p

I feel like the point of amiibos are so they can continue to release more and make profit off of the same games for a longer period of time so I wouldn't be surprised if more were made, I don't think they'd do such a big time-consuming update only for what's out now, and I don think they plan to come out with a new game to replace it so soon considering they've done such a big update this late in the game, plus they gave it a new name with the "welcome amiibo" and even are selling it as that now, I think this is in a way a new game. I think it's more likely they'll make more spin offs, considering they made HHD and Amiibo party which they didn't do anything like that when the other games were out, it feels to me like they are planning to keep this stuff going for awhile.

A new game is more profitable and would generate a lot more excitement than another update, so I think this was the first and last ACNL update. Really, there should have been another main AC game by now because they come out about once every 4 years. It just shows you badly the Wii U failed that an update was released instead of a new game to placate the fanbase.

Back