• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Why is Genji so popular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapleshine

Proud Filipino
Bells
Red Candy
Just wondering. I had him as a starter and didn't know he was so popular, so I let him go.

I received Genji from a friend. The reason why I like him so much is because he looks like a tamagotchi.

Just wondering. I had him as a starter and didn't know he was so popular, so I let him go.
I don't understand this. Are you saying that you would have kept him if you had known he was popular? Why would his popularity play a role in deciding to keep him?

Is he? I don't like him that much. Better question would be why Marshal is so popular.

I don't understand this. Are you saying that you would have kept him if you had known he was popular? Why would his popularity play a role in deciding to keep him?

my friend thinks like this. he saw a cool villager in his camp site and said that he liked him, but wouldnt keep him since he wasnt popular. he wants a town of popular villagers

anyway i dont know why really. genji is alright i guess but i guess his cool design is why people like him.

Gengi is such a cute bunny!

I think it's because there is so few "cute" jocks and a lot of people like to get at least one of each personality type.

I got both of them, Genji as a starter, and Marshal who moved in a few days later. I like Marshal, but I don't know what the hype is about. Maybe his sloppy furniture? I was pretty dumb and I switched out all of his furniture because I didn't know it was so popular
I wouldn't let Genji move out until I find a jock I like better.
Oh yeah, your question
I don't think he's overly popular.. haven't heard much about him. I still like him though

I received Genji from a friend. The reason why I like him so much is because he looks like a tamagotchi.
I freaking love Tamagotchi.

ChoMamechi_Osutchi.png

This.
I don?t understand why people care so much about popularity, why not just chose what you like instead of what others like?

Oh! I didn't want to come off as the type of person who only likes villagers based on popularity. I would have given him away to someone who wanted him if I knew he was such a popular villager. I should have reworded the question so I wouldn't have been judged.

Last edited:
Genji just looks so "together". That's why I like him. He doesn't give the hardcore jock vibe, and I don't think he's cute either. He's just really cool and different.

As for Marshal, I liked him when I first saw his little pouty face. I could care less that he's popular. I just think he's adorable.

I think he is part of a set of Japanese themed villagers which are Genji, Kabuki, Pekoe, Annalisa, Greta and maybe Zucker.

He's very unique looking. At first I was like "wut" after I first saw him, but he's grown on me because of his one of a kind appearance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back