Why do only my favorite villagers seem to move?

scoobyschnak

Bells
Arcade Tokens
Diana just left :( before her I've lost Skye and Tia, and quite a few more I can't remember. Yet all my least favorite villagers never leave! Why? I make sure to talk to my favorites a few times a day and send good letters with presents frequently, but once get busy and don't play for a week, they hightail it out of town! am I just unlucky?

dont save and quit your game until youve denied a villager ping requesting your permission to move. then, nobody will have moved at all during your absence even if its a week or longer.

another option, is to change the date back to the last day you played before you load the game back up after youve been taking a hiatus.

No I've found the same thing with my villagers. Lopez and Bam have asked to leave about 4 times in 2 weeks and they're like my best friends in the game....yet villagers I don't like take an awful long time to leave. It's supposed to be random but I'm not sure, there's got to be some trick to it somewhere

I pretty much only talk to my least favorite villagers unless my favorites ask for a favor, and even then I don't do it half the time. I feel like the game is trolling me.

Because I watched this video that said once you talk to villager after you introduced yourself to them, they are stuck in like a friendship latter. So it just keep ignoring the villager you don't want. They will eventually move out.

Usually it's the villagers you have the highest friendship level with that will want to move out/will move out. That's why villagers that you do want to move out but you ignore, usually never move.

There won't be surprise moves if you talk to your villagers enough. The ones thinking of moving will tell you five days in advance. And sometimes other villagers will alert you that so-and-so is thinking of moving, in case you haven't spoken to them yet. I've been playing for over 2 years and I've never had anyone leave without me knowing.

There won't be surprise moves if you talk to your villagers enough. The ones thinking of moving will tell you five days in advance. And sometimes other villagers will alert you that so-and-so is thinking of moving, in case you haven't spoken to them yet. I've been playing for over 2 years and I've never had anyone leave without me knowing.

that's true-- if anybody is thinking of moving, you should be able to find out because they will either ping you and tell you directly that they are considering it, or you will find out from talking about rumors with the villagers. certain types of villager rumors are only communicated to you when nobody is thinking about moving. (you can find tutorials at TBT about villager rumors if you do a search). one of the tasks i focus on each time i play is chatting with the villagers enough to determine whether anyone is thinking about moving. good luck!

Yeah, the higher the friendship level, the more likely a villager is to move.

I also noticed this when I was trying to get a villager to move who wouldn't budge. He even pinged me to move and then changed his mind after I talked to him, saying that I seemed too happy to see him go! (haha, he's a cranky type). After developing more of a friendship with him, he finally decided to move.

But I read somewhere that if someone tells you they are moving and changes their mind after you talk to them, you can reset and they will still move as long as you don't let them change their mind. I haven't tried this though, so I am not sure.

I feel you. I've been trying to get a villager to move for weeks now and all I get is my favorite villagers telling me that they need "new experiences", which they will DEFINITELY not get.

I've been waiting for Zucker & Punchy to ping for a few weeks now, the only ones trying to leave are Marshal (who's NEVER leaving if I can help it) & Kid Cat (another villager who is NEVER leaving). I'll just wait them out, I've got time...

Yeah, the higher the friendship level, the more likely a villager is to move.

That. That's because if you get high enough, the villager will give you a picture of them as their ultimate gift of friendship and the game doesn't want you to get them so that will trigger the moving prompt. If you talk to them a lot, that's why. I'm sorry that you've lost them! I've been there :(

Back