Why are hacked items banned?

This is a great question. I'm considering doing it on my second copy, I was just now looking at a page about how to do it, it's really easy and completely safe, the worst thing it can do is freeze. Obviously I won't sell hacked items here though, i'd just use it for my map, and to get landscaping items without spending 200+ TBT, lol. I'll probably hack items, but for myself. :p

I assume because it's a form of cheating and since we have a currency on the forum it would be seen as quite unfair for someone to-- for instance, sell or trade an item that they generated in-mass for something that a user had worked for / achieved fairly ^-^

This is a great question. I'm considering doing it on my second copy, I was just now looking at a page about how to do it, it's really easy and completely safe, the worst thing it can do is freeze. Obviously I won't sell hacked items here though, i'd just use it for my map, and to get landscaping items without spending 200+ TBT, lol. I'll probably hack items, but for myself. :p

You'd be totally fine doing that, I have plenty of hack towns and such myself, discussion about hacking is just limited in the forums and we can't discuss the process of doing it or use hacking for-profit. (None the less, I've seen it done a lot in shops and such :/ ) Though I do have to warn you, you CAN corrupt your file or even brick your game if you do something strange while hacking.

Last edited:
I'll be extremely careful then! :D And OMG I am in LOOOVVVVEEE with your posts! Bold blue, bow on top, adorable sanrio chatacter on the bottom, ahhh! I love it!

What about unreleased sets? I'm sort of scared to use the set I have, especially since I randomly received the set when I was in the middle of trading with someone else : s

She received it from me bc I went off and randomly dropped it since someone left it in my town.

i don't think it's as bad as in wild world but hacked items can cause some kind of negative impact. it's mostly minor inconveniences. for example, hacked flowers can't breed. i don't know anything else about it though.

Awwh thank you so much! I love blue and Cinnamoroll is my favorite Sanrio character <3

And you'll be fine to just use the set :D Anything you do in your personal copy is your own business! Just MAYBE don't sell it c: But tbh I've seen people sell "unlimited amounts of any item you want" as well as super limited region-specific items or spot pass items like the tree. ^^

i don't think it's as bad as in wild world but hacked items can cause some kind of negative impact. it's mostly minor inconveniences. for example, hacked flowers can't breed. i don't know anything else about it though.

How bad were Wild World hacked items?

Emotesuncoveredachack.jpg

: S

Why would you even try that. On a side note, I always forget just how ugly Wild World is compared to New Leaf

There were things called building seeds that could literally brick people's games. It was awful, awful chaos D,:

Too true... Had my game bricked from the ONLY Wi-fi encounter I had in that game. Part of the reason why I still haven't wi-fied with anyone except RL friends in New Leaf... I know bricking like that isn't possible anymore, but the trust issues are still there... :\

Right? It was scary! I'm so sorry you were one of the people that got bricked!! D: I had my town corrupted a few times, but thankfully never bricked... I just ended up learning how to hack to bring my town back and eventually make it nicer than what it started as ^^;; (Fun side note: I learned how to solder metal wire specifically to hack my town back then, lol. Geez.)

And yeah, I loved wild world and remembered thinking how nice-looking it was, now when I look back I kinda... yeah.. *shudder*

While building seeds don't happen anymore, it's still scary knowing that people *WANT* them and would happily do that to a stranger. :/ The worst thing that happened to me in new leaf was having hybrids trampled and stolen by a trader that I forgot to delete x-x

Last edited:
Back