• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Who in your opinion is the best Genshin Impact character?

Variety.Gamer 4438

Always start again
Bells
Switch
3285-0551-5525
Mom's Plush
Jingle Christmas Doll
Isabelle
Lobo
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Looking to build up a strong team so any help is greatly appreciated. Four stars suggestions are recommended as I am a F2P player myself but I do wish to work my way up to having a few five stars (though, they are much harder to come by and my first one may not come till a while down the road XD).

I hear Noelle is pretty good for DPS and I do like Barbara for free healing especially since I don't have to waste the Statue of the Fallen's stamina, but I do wonder if there are any characters that I may be undervaluing.

Traveler (Geo/Anemo)
Sucrose (Anemo)
Barbara (Hydro)
Xingqiu (Hydro)
Kaeya (Cryo)
Lisa (Electro)
Amber (Pyro)
Noelle (Geo)
Diona (Cryo)
Razor (Electro)

Last edited:
i'd like to preface this by saying i'm by no means the best resource on this; i'm not very competitive and probably don't have the best builds or anything like that, haha... but i've been playing since launch and i get along well enough, so hopefully can offer something helpful!

i'm a big fan of bennett, personally - he's decent on his own, but mostly, his burst's healing is quite useful and has pulled me out of many tight spots! of all the 4-star pyro charcters he's been my favorite thusfar.
xingqiu is frequently on my team as well. he deals decent damage and holds his own well enough for my purposes.

and, well, i might be biased... :3c but if you have the chance to pull for venti in the future, definitely do! he's an excellent support character and his recharge rate is crazy. (i honestly use him as my main most of the time, too, so i can attest that he's honestly just good in general lmao)

Tbh every character is good, and Benny might be a hidden 6 star character >:3

Personally I think you should play whoever you find the most interesting! That said, my favourite four star is Sucrose, she's awesome especially if you have Sacrificial Fragments on her, and Valeria the english VA is rad. I also really like Chongyun because icy claymore goes brrrrrr

As far as four stars go I think all the characters everyone has suggested so far are good. I also wanted to mention, however, that Fischl and Beidou are also pretty good if you’re in need of a ranged or close-combat Electro character.

As far as five star characters go, I’ve found Qiqi and Klee to be the most useful so far. Qiqi for her healing and Klee for the high amount of damage she does with her bombs.

I agree with ^that, a lot. And I’ve been sleeping on Beidou’s special, that’s for sure. I thought Tidecaller was just a really good AoE attack, but it doubles as a counterattack (+temp shield while she tanks damage). She’s super good against the Mitachurls.
Also, Diona is great for hunting (surprise surprise), and her Icy Paws have a chance to catch any critter that flees (boars, squirrels, foxes, etc). :giggle:

I agree with ^that, a lot. And I’ve been sleeping on Beidou’s special, that’s for sure. I thought Tidecaller was just a really good AoE attack, but it doubles as a counterattack (+temp shield while she tanks damage). She’s super good against the Mitachurls.
Also, Diona is great for hunting (surprise surprise), and her Icy Paws have a chance to catch any critter that flees (boars, squirrels, foxes, etc). :giggle:

Oh! I just got Diona from the wanderlust wish 🤣 I'll try using her next time I see a bigger animal.
Post automatically merged:

Now, for the event wish, should I try to go for a five star character right away or wait for Venti (if I can help it XD) since I hear he's "the best" event character? If there's no event cycle, it could be a very long time before I can even hope for this however but it is confirmed from multiple sources that the pity timer carries over to each event.
Post automatically merged:

As far as four stars go I think all the characters everyone has suggested so far are good. I also wanted to mention, however, that Fischl and Beidou are also pretty good if you’re in need of a ranged or close-combat Electro character.

As far as five star characters go, I’ve found Qiqi and Klee to be the most useful so far. Qiqi for her healing and Klee for the high amount of damage she does with her bombs.

I'm still using Barbara for healing as she is all I have. I found she's been working well enough for where I'm at. Since I've already put so much work into leveling my traveler and his weapon, I'm sticking with him for DPS. Of course, I still use the statue but more or less only when a character falls since free healing is still tons better and I save my healing food as a last resort (I also don't like that the party gets full so quickly).

Last edited:
I recommend Xinyan to use with Barbara because you can trigger vape together. Her shield is also extremely useful at cleansing your team, especially if you get hit with compact ice which makes it really difficult to use Barbara with. If you use thrilling tales with Barbara it increases attack for your party which Xinyan’s abilities scale off of. She is also incredibly strong on her own without even having to use pyro which makes her versatile. I’ve beaten the pryo regisvine with her because she hits hard if you build her for attack. Her E ability and regular attack breaks rocks very quickly especially the hard to break ones and the purple electricity ones even though I’m not sure what they do which saves me a lot of time and frustration. Also her fear of bugs is relatable.

The pity does carry over on the limited banner and the limited 5 star has its own form of pity meaning that if you wished and got a permanent banner character such as qiqi or keqing your next 5 star is guaranteed to be the limited 5 star. If your last 5 star was the limited character than you have a 50/50 chance of getting either limited or unlimited. Also if you’re just starting out and prefer to get a five star character over a weapon I recommend wishing on the limited banner because you won’t get a five star weapon on that banner just a character. That’s something I wish I knew when I first started playing.

I recommend Xinyan to use with Barbara because you can trigger vape together. Her shield is also extremely useful at cleansing your team, especially if you get hit with compact ice which makes it really difficult to use Barbara with. If you use thrilling tales with Barbara it increases attack for your party which Xinyan’s abilities scale off of. She is also incredibly strong on her own without even having to use pyro which makes her versatile. I’ve beaten the pryo regisvine with her because she hits hard if you build her for attack. Her E ability and regular attack breaks rocks very quickly especially the hard to break ones and the purple electricity ones even though I’m not sure what they do which saves me a lot of time and frustration. Also her fear of bugs is relatable.

The pity does carry over on the limited banner and the limited 5 star has its own form of pity meaning that if you wished and got a permanent banner character such as qiqi or keqing your next 5 star is guaranteed to be the limited 5 star. If your last 5 star was the limited character than you have a 50/50 chance of getting either limited or unlimited. Also if you’re just starting out and prefer to get a five star character over a weapon I recommend wishing on the limited banner because you won’t get a five star weapon on that banner just a character. That’s something I wish I knew when I first started playing.

I don't have Xinyan. I can acquire Xiangling from an in-game quest thing and I also have Amber as my two pyro-type options.

Besides that, would you recommend spending Masterless Stardust on Acquaint Fate?

I don't have Xinyan. I can acquire Xiangling from an in-game quest thing and I also have Amber as my two pyro-type options.

Besides that, would you recommend spending Masterless Stardust on Acquaint Fate?
Yes, you get aquaint fate while playing the game so I use the free ones to wish on the main banner with. You only get to buy 5 of each every month, So they’re definitely worth getting.

Thnx for all the feedback! Btw, in case this could prove useful, in my main post I have provided a short list of all the characters I have acquired thusfar.

I can't believe no one has emphasized xingqiu. He's great for vaporize teams with bennett and xiangling, def build him first. He can support, add hydro, and do damage. Very good character.

I'll start by saying I'm not an absolutely good meta player, I go by what I feel fits my playstyle the most and if you're in it to mainly have fun and do story quests and comms then use whoever you want! ❤

I mentioned this in the other GI thread but Noelle is good for shielding and healing! She doesn’t heal as much as Barbara does, but if you’re out of space in your team then knowing Noelle shields and heals might be useful. Basically, there is I think a 50% chance she heals a small amount to all party members whenever she attacks with her shield on. I’ve had her on my team for so long because of this!

Xingqiu is also constantly mentioned in vaporize teams! His burst allows you to constantly apply “wet” status even when he’s off-field, so you can go loco with vaporizing with a pyro character. His skill I believe also increases your defense and heals a small amount when it breaks. I definitely recommend building him!

As for others you don’t have yet, I absolutely recommend pulling in the current limited banner for Bennett! I’m still building him but I’m using him for the good healing and attack boost his elemental burst does.

Lastly, as a fellow Venti lover (but not haver, huhu), I suggest pulling for a few more 4 stars before saving for Venti. He just appreared in the limited banner around March or April I think, and with the long list of 5-star characters that still need their debut and reruns (coughAlbedocough), I highly doubt Venti will come back again this year. Next year, most likely. I too want to save for him but I don’t want to miss out on the other banner characters! We will be Venti havers some day, crossing fingers! 🤞

I'll start by saying I'm not an absolutely good meta player, I go by what I feel fits my playstyle the most and if you're in it to mainly have fun and do story quests and comms then use whoever you want! ❤

I mentioned this in the other GI thread but Noelle is good for shielding and healing! She doesn’t heal as much as Barbara does, but if you’re out of space in your team then knowing Noelle shields and heals might be useful. Basically, there is I think a 50% chance she heals a small amount to all party members whenever she attacks with her shield on. I’ve had her on my team for so long because of this!

Xingqiu is also constantly mentioned in vaporize teams! His burst allows you to constantly apply “wet” status even when he’s off-field, so you can go loco with vaporizing with a pyro character. His skill I believe also increases your defense and heals a small amount when it breaks. I definitely recommend building him!

As for others you don’t have yet, I absolutely recommend pulling in the current limited banner for Bennett! I’m still building him but I’m using him for the good healing and attack boost his elemental burst does.

Lastly, as a fellow Venti lover (but not haver, huhu), I suggest pulling for a few more 4 stars before saving for Venti. He just appreared in the limited banner around March or April I think, and with the long list of 5-star characters that still need their debut and reruns (coughAlbedocough), I highly doubt Venti will come back again this year. Next year, most likely. I too want to save for him but I don’t want to miss out on the other banner characters! We will be Venti havers some day, crossing fingers! 🤞

I can definitely consider Xingqiu once I get a better Pyro character. I heckin' hate Amber because I suck at aiming and shooting.

Back