• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Who do you think is the most overrated villager?

feminist

god
Bells
For me, it's Pietro
I don't understand how so many people like him and pay millions to adopt him???

I was wondering who everyone else thought was the most overrated villager?

merengue ankha and marshal and julian, they're wayyy to popular. Like, i don't find any of them cool or interesting...and like 90% of the peope on here have them as their dreamies.

I think it's Stitches. I LOVE stuffed animals and lazy is my favorite personality. I had him and we just didn't click the way I wanted us too :/

I think it's Stitches. I LOVE stuffed animals and lazy is my favorite personality. I had him and we just didn't click the way I wanted us too :/

yeah, I know. I had Stitches in my City Folk town for MONTHS without knowing that anyone liked him at all?

Stitches and Pietro both freak me out and I just don't understand why Marshal, Rosie and Lolly are priced so high?! They're cute sure, but the amount people sell them for. XP

Ankha's scary, I think her design is unique, but it's not for me. :p
I honestly think that Lolly is extremely boring. In fact, I diagnose my boring villagers with Lollyitis.

Like, overrated I don't like? Or overrated in general?

General - Marshal, lol, can't go wrong with this.
I don't like - Ankha. I can't believe, but I don't really like her that much...

"Overrated" or just "popular villagers I don't like"? Either way, for me it would be Kabuki and Julian.

yeah, I know. I had Stitches in my City Folk town for MONTHS without knowing that anyone liked him at all?

Lol I had Zucker and had no clue he was popular either. I also find Pietro creepy. I'm NOT a fan of clowns..

Merengue tbh, even though I have and love her. If she hadn't been a starting villager, I probably never would have paid her any mind.

Marshal and Julian...okay Julian I kind of understand since he's at least "unique" but I don't understand the popularity of Marshal! Sure he's cute, but....blah.

And for the love of God, will someone please explain to me what's so stinking great about Rosie?

There are popular and unpopular animals of the exact same personality, so it's all just aesthetics really. Therefore all that sell for millions, in my opinion. :]
You can dislike a personality such as lazy and therefore hate all lazy villagers, or you can dislike a certain villager's appearance even though you like that exact same personality in another breed of animal. Personally, I love villagers that I think look cute and fit in nicely alongside all my other villagers. :]

I don't know about who is overrated. I've kept my villagers longer than some other people have with their originals (or, if not original, the early-period ones). I am thinking "overrated" may be in connection with any feeling that the "Dreamies" are more worthy than your not-so-Dreamy current slate of villagers. What I mean is this: Some of the lesser-ranked ones are very satisfying to have as villagers. And, perhaps, having a town filled nearly with all Dreamies does not actually make for a fulfilling "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" experience.

merengue, lolly, tia, fauna.... aaaa i just find normal villagers really boring, even if they are really cute ;Q;

Back