• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which villager's house would you like to decorate?

Gaston's. He needs a nicer home, I've never liked his original interior design either. It doesn't reflet his personality very well, OR his interests. In New Leaf his home is literally just a trash dump like what

I laughed a ton while reading this thread! Great suggestions, folks!

Ruby needs a bed! I found her sleeping behind the giant moon in the middle of the room so many times!

I'd like to deco Tom's and O'Hare's rooms and would love to have a go at re-styling Ren?e's. The urban-abandoned-lot theme she has doesn't really do it for me.

Most of all, I'd LOVE to have a go at the NPCs' rooms, if that's an option - like Phyllis and Reese & Cyrus - but especially the monkey porter at the train station. WHERE DO THEY LIVE?!?!

I'd love to start the hand with the first room being Isabelle's... You walk in finding a room FULL of cardboard boxes and seashells EVERYWHERE!

I'd love to "declutter" villager homes! I love organizing and tidying! (Bonus points 4vr if you know/appreciate Marie Kondo!)

i want to fix literally every house. how can a couple of adult animals place furniture in the most random areas?
i sent diana the entire mermaid set but she put them in the weirdest areas and it was awful....
ugh.

i agree with fang being way off -- i tried to convert him to the minimalist set back when i had him, but in the end i just gave up. it would always turn up in re-tail a couple days after. nice to know my villagers appreciate my gifts, haha.

- - - Post Merge - - -

you know what'd be cool? if we could visit isabelle's house!
we know she lives with digby, since she doesnt want him to see the "mess" in her room, and theres definitely a seashell in there from our first day as mayor - but seriously, dont we all want to to know how isabelle decorates?

i bet she has modern wood furniture or the green set or minimalist with a couple floral items, like a baby bear or the screen from the weeding day set.

any thoughts on this? haha.

i think all of them need some good decor advice, but god knows that gala and o'hare really need decor. all this loose furniture with no real theme tying them together...gross!

all of them like they all need help with decorating (*?・v・)

I agree for the most part, at least from what I've seen. This helps a little to give me an idea (or to remind me of what my villagers' houses looked like at the beginning): http://acnlhomes.tumblr.com/originalhomes. Of my villagers, this blog is missing Gaston, Hamlet, Paula, Keaton, Harry, Gladys Here's what I think about a few of my villagers' houses when they were still "original" (Kiki's is still original):

As much as I love Kiki, her house was really disappointing when I visited her for the first time (which was recently since it was only a few weeks since I got her :) ). Sure she has a couple of ranch furniture, and I do love pianos (though, I don't think anything really goes; maybe the cacti goes, but to me, they look funny--Idk if it is the way they are arranged.

I think Erik's house looked really good (I didn't want him to acquire different furniture, but alas... :/); Baabara's looked pretty nice. Punchy's looked decent for the most part other than the bromeliaceae, stereo, the gyroid, the stove and fridge. As much as I love Puddles, I think pretty much everything looked bad in her house. At one point, I thought the furniture in Blanche's house looked pretty good together, but looking at the screenshot on the website I linked; it doesn't look as great as I thought it did (maybe it was Gladys' house that I'm thinking of). From what I recall, I think Harry's house was pretty nice; but my memory is pretty rusty.

I would love to decorate Velma and Beardo's houses. It would be so much easier than when I try to do so in ACNL.

Of course, decorating Lucky's house would be fun too.

all of them like they all need help with decorating (*?・v・)

This made me laugh because it's really true. I want to decorate all their houses. I think though the big problem is the fact that it's all in one room. That was my big problem with the HHA. Like seriously, they want me to put a bed in every room? My house is not a hotel it is my house. I want to have a toilet and shower in my house, but I'm not going to sleep in my bathroom,unless I had like the flu in which case a bed in the bathroom might not be a bad idea. xD

Last edited:
Isabelle's. Poor girl never got to unpack so I would love to help her out and make her home look nice.

i've always wanted Lucky ever since the first Animal Crossing to this one, now that they might release him as a card maybe i'll able finlly have him in my town. and decorate his house (although i like to get all thew Animals cards and have fun missing around with there house)

GENJI genjingejgejnijigenjigejijejiggenji
oh and coco too eheheh

ofc who wouldn't want to decorate their favorite villager's house hahah

I'd do Diana (obviously), Isabelle (she's a puppy ^_^), and the Kapp'n family! :D

All of them... but especially Ruby and Kidd, I found their homes in New Leaf to be really... interesting. :)

Back