• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Which home console of Nintendo's was the best?

From the NES to the Switch, which of Nintendo's home consoles was the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for Gamecube since it has most of my favorite games on it. It also has the best controller. I find it funny they keep rereleasing the Gamecube controller whenever a new Smash game comes out. I think it is better than using a remote or whatever it is that is on the Switch.

the gamecube for sure! i have so many great memories of playing games with my brothers and my dad on it, it really brought my family together!! the wii is a close second for the exact same reason, i also love how u can play gamecube games on it too

For a long time (and still a bit now), the Nintendo GameCube was my favourite home console. It had (in my opinion) some of the best first party titles ever (Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Party 6 & 7, Luigi's Mansion, etc. etc. etc.). It also has a huge nostalgia factor for me because I grew up with the GameCube.

However, the Nintendo Switch is quickly becoming my favourite console. It's so versatile and so far, the first party titles have been amazing. I love that when I get tired, I can grab my console and play in bed before going to sleep, or I can take it with me when I go out. The variety of controller options makes for tons of different game play, which is awesome. I can't wait for Animal Crossing Switch and beyond... :blush:

Out of all Nintendo's home consoles I had, the GameCube will probably be my all-time favorite. It was
that one console I spent lots of time with it. Most of my favorite games are for the GameCube, such
as Kirby Air Ride for example (still kinda disappointed that there isn't a sequel of it), Mario Kart Double
Dash, Super Mario Sunshine and so on. I have lots of amazing memories of playing with it and if I still
would have one, I would pretty sure again spend lots of time into it.

Everyone who voted Nintendo 64 get a xSuperMario64x sticker of approval and a cookie :lemon:

But seriously, N64 is the best. I'm kinda sad that nobody has said the NES, given how many great (and trashy) games it had xDDD

xSuperMario64x
I think one of the main reasons older consoles aren't being picked as much is that people haven't necessarily grew up playing them.
Most of the reason I've played the GameCube was because that's what was having releases at the time.

Nintendo 64. Honestly I could say that or GC or Wii but MK64 is honestly my fave of the series and I played that a bit too much. First smash was a killer too. And since I never had those as a kid, only for some time as an adult I never really could pick a childhood bias or likewise. I really liked GC for the Smash and Mario Party games as well but eh never played that one as much. Wii for MK Wii I guess but yeet.

I feel like nintendo really came into its own with the N64, I think we're having a reimagine of that now with the switch and it probably will be my favorite soon (with smash ultimate for sure) but I have to vote n64.... such a great sysytem

I feel like the N64 was revolutionary. I still have the SNES, Gamecube, Wii, and Switch. I loved the NES, SNES, N64, and GC. I completely lost all intetest in Nintendo products around the Wii/Wii U time period. The Switch brought my interest back.

I loved the GameCube but it was also this weird transition between modern and old Nintendo. I also don't love the controller as much as literally every other person in existence (I don't dislike it but I don't think it's as good as people say) so I'm gonna go Switch

- - - Post Merge - - -

Everyone who voted Nintendo 64 get a xSuperMario64x sticker of approval and a cookie :lemon:

But seriously, N64 is the best. I'm kinda sad that nobody has said the NES, given how many great (and trashy) games it had xDDD

I can only see people picking the NES for nostalgia factor but the games on there are meh imo

I gotta say the Wii.

I have fond memories of accidentally flinging the remote across the room at dangerous speeds.

Back