• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which game would you want a sequel for?

(so did the Rayman 4 the sequel to Rayman 2..)
This is Rayman 3 erasure 😔

Actually though, even if it wasn't either of the two games I first thought of when I saw this thread, Rayman as a franchise really needs a new game soon, since it's been 8 years since Rayman Legends first came out and there's been nothing since. A shame, since I love the main series games.

Now, the games I did think of when I first saw this thread are a sequel to Pikmin 3 and a sequel to Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. It's been 8 years since Pikmin 3 was first released, and 6 years since Miyamoto said Pikmin 4 close to completion but we've had zero news about it since then. As for Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, it's been 11 years since it was released, and even though it didn't live up to the first two games, it still ended on a cliffhanger that suggested we'd get a sequel and yet we just...haven't. I'd really like to see a sequel sooner rather than, uh, never at this rate. also it'd be kinda awkward if the dude with a Golden Sun avatar didn't say Golden Sun tbh Also, another one I'd like to see is a sequel to Mario Strikers Charged. Loved Super Mario Strikers a ton, we really need a new Mario soccer game on the Switch.

Punch-Out!!!

It bothers me that we may never see another one because everyone is so easily offended these days...the boxers were ALL stereotypes of their respective countries...it's not like 1 country looked good while all the rest were mocked.

Arms doesn't cut it...and I think Nintendo was hoping that it would be Punch-Out's replacement.

There's a few games I would love sequels for that never got one or it's been a really long time;

-Blast Corps - a really unique demolition game with a cool giant robot yuo can control destroying buildings and the like on N64.

-Chrono Trigger - has been remade/rereleased a couple times now, and had 1 sequal on PS1 (Chrono Cross). It's my favorite pure RPG of all time, so I'd love another game in the series.

-Custom Robo - had a few releases in Japan before the Gamecube and DS game were released outside of Japan. It was probably oneof my top 5 favorite Gamecube games. Robot battles, decent story, and fun to collect and build your customized robot for battles, there were lots of different interchangeable parts to pick from.

Golden Sun! I forget Dark Dawn frequently, but man, I wish we got follow-through on those cliffhangers. (And finally got to Actually Fight Alex. It’s been 20 years, Camelot. Let us fight him.)

I would love a sequel to The Sims Medieval. I’ve always wanted a historical sims game, and that game is almost perfect except I don’t like that it’s more focused on quests and not as much of a sandbox game as I would like. So I would love a sequel that had more sandbox elements and was closer to a normal sims game that is set in the past.

I really would like to have a sequel for Mr. Bean pc game mainly because it would be fun for Mr. Bean to have another adventure game it would be really fun to play

It's unfortunate that TimeSplittes 4 got cancelled back then (so did the Rayman 4 the sequel to Rayman 2..) , it looked incredible from what they showed, but the fan project is ongoing, and they got permission to finish the fan game, unfortunately it have been running for years, and they're not allowed to make any money from the project, so who knows when it'll be done.

Not just the fan-made project, but an official one too! It was announced back in May, if I remember correctly. It's being done by a fair amount of the original designers, apparently!

Not just the fan-made project, but an official one too! It was announced back in May, if I remember correctly. It's being done by a fair amount of the original designers, apparently!
This is the first I've heard of it, that's amazing! Can't wait to see what they make, I'd be happy even if it's just the first 3 remastered with online connectivity, and a PC release.

Golden Sun
However...I want a sequel to Lost Age and ignore Dark Dawn to count it as a separate game. Its just my personal preference but the OG Golden Sun and Lost Age were the best of the GS franchise. I would also want GS and LA to get a remake of their own so GS3 wouldn't feel out of place like DD.

Fire emblem three houses, I loved that game an have so many hours into it, it seemed to be pretty popular as well so I was always hoping that they would do another one but nothings ever mentioned at direct so I assume they are finished with it

Twilight Princess, Final Fantasy Explorers, Terraria, and I don't know what else.

I would love a new Fatal Frame game. I loved 5 and it's nice that it's finally on other systems then the Wii U but I would love to have a brand new fatal frame as well.

Just waiting on Style Savvy for switch. A fashion game with the switch's better graphics??? Hello?? It would be amazing! (And of course, Tomodachi Life for switch would just be fantastic!!!!!)

Such a great topic rally. Saw a bunch of things I agree with as well. Tomodachi life would be amazing witha sequel. Then there is final Fantasy Tactics, Fatal Frame, Conker's Bad Fur Day, many of the old Digimon games like the Digimon World. There are just SOOOO many games that I think could use Sequels, either because I love the game and want more or because I think it would develop more of the story.

I know I'm probably very alone in this, but I would love a Fire Emblem: Warriors sequel. I was introduced to Fire Emblem at a young age and fell in love straight away with the gameplay and all the characters. I have thousands of hours in FE games, and I know Warriors is a spin-off, but it's the first time I've ever really been involved in a community for a game (other than maybe AC). I loved that feeling of community, so a new one would be really cool to bring those memories back to life.

I mean there are other Warriors games, but they just don't have the same appeal. The Fire Emblem part of it really makes it and the characters gel so well with the Warriors gameplay.

Back