• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Which AC game should I buy?

Orbis

Bells
My birthday is tomorrow, and I know I'm going to be getting gift cards and plain old cash as gifts. So I wanted to hear people's opinions on which AC game should I get: GCN or a second copy of New Leaf? I haven't owned a copy of Animal Crossing GCN for about 2 years, and I'm interested in replaying it. However, I've been having a glorious time with NL lately, and I decided I wanted a second town. Do any of you have suggestions?

Why not just get both? The GameCube game only costs about 6 dollars at most at gamestop so it would cost about 40 dollars for the both of them... If you can't get both then I would get another copy of ACNL since it is really useful to have a second town and is a lot of fun too. I used to have two games and it really helped a lot :)

Get New Leaf. Emulate the Gamecube one.
i wouldnt emulate it, emulating and downloading games is illegal that and gamecube games are so massive and powerful they are hard to run, you are 100x better off actually re-buying the gamecube game for nostalic reasons that and I still think its the best animal crossing out there, my personal opinion but getting used to playing the gamecube game might be hard after playing new leaf.

Anyway I think you should get the gamecube game because its a beautiful game and will give you hours of memories :)

i wouldnt emulate it, emulating and downloading games is illegal that and gamecube games are so massive and powerful they are hard to run, you are 100x better off actually re-buying the gamecube game for nostalic reasons that and I still think its the best animal crossing out there, my personal opinion but getting used to playing the gamecube game might be hard after playing new leaf.

Anyway I think you should get the gamecube game because its a beautiful game and will give you hours of memories :)

I just quoted you so I could tell you how adorable your siggie is! omg <333 I want it. :p

Get a second copy of new leaf! I got one 2 days ago and I'm planning on making it a horror themed town and it's been really fun planning it. I can also borrow my boyfriends 3ds and trade with my other town which has made things loads easier (transferring money and selling perfect fruit in my other town since one has native cherries the other apples). The second copy feels like almost a whole new game

I do say getting the Gamecube version would be a nicer alternative to start out, and then heading to New Leaf to see if you like it..but emulating the GC version is HARD. If you don't have a fairly decent PC for emulating, the experience isnt gonna be wonderful, plus its illegal but yaknow..theres that. But all in all, I say go with what you feel you'll have the best experience in: Gamecube = Simple
New Leaf = a bit more complicated

AC Gamecube is incredibly easy to emulate. Plus, there are worse things in life than playing free video games. Pft. Next thing you're going to tell me is that streaming sites are illegal.

Back