• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

"Where's the Facebook Login Page?!"

Azila said:
The only reason I don't like the new is 'cause, remember at the bottem? It like shows who to chat to, and you click on the things to go there like RIGHT AWAY. Now, you have to the home page. Ugh, it's annoying. All the rest is okay, I guess. Oh, and have you heard? Facebook's gonna start costing money I think in July. Are ya'll gonna still go on it? I'm not psh, just go Myspace.
They aren't. Facebook has nearly 400 million users. If Facebook were a country. it would be the 3rd largest in the world. They're not going to do it, because I know of no one who would pay to use it. Besides, they're making ridiculous amounts of money as it is. They've way outperformed their expectations for 2009.

Pear said:
Azila said:
The only reason I don't like the new is 'cause, remember at the bottem? It like shows who to chat to, and you click on the things to go there like RIGHT AWAY. Now, you have to the home page. Ugh, it's annoying. All the rest is okay, I guess. Oh, and have you heard? Facebook's gonna start costing money I think in July. Are ya'll gonna still go on it? I'm not psh, just go Myspace.
They aren't. Facebook has nearly 400 million users. If Facebook were a country. it would be the 3rd largest in the world. They're not going to do it, because I know of no one who would pay to use it. Besides, they're making ridiculous amounts of money as it is. They've way outperformed their expectations for 2009.
I'm confused who started the rumor, then. Hmmm.

Azila said:
People have been making groups saying "WE WILL NOT PAY!", and my "smart" sister said they will. I'm sure you're right, though. They should know if it did cost money, every one will just leave and move to Myspace. Myspace is like EXACTLY the same thing.
You actually think Myspace and Facebook are the same? Yes, they are both social networks.
There are many factors that differentiate them. And no, they are not going to make people pay.

Myspace is *censored.2.0*.

bittermeat said:
Azila said:
People have been making groups saying "WE WILL NOT PAY!", and my "smart" sister said they will. I'm sure you're right, though. They should know if it did cost money, every one will just leave and move to Myspace. Myspace is like EXACTLY the same thing.
You actually think Myspace and Facebook are the same? Yes, they are both social networks.
There are many factors that differentiate them. And no, they are not going to make people pay.

Myspace is *censored.2.0*.
Psh, that's just Trela said. Haha, I don't have a Myspace.

Azila said:
OddCrazyMe said:
Tyeforce said:
Rorato said:
None of my friends actually like the new Facebook. I like it just because of the new avatars and stuff, but the layout is kinda frustrating.

Old Facebook:
Click on your name to go to your profile.

New Facebook:
Click on the Home button or the Facebook Logo to go to your news feed and then either click on your name, or hit view my profile.

Which sounds easier?
Or you could click on "Profile" in the top right... >_>
That's what I was gonna say. That's on every page no matter what. :p

And I highly doubt Facebook will start costing money. They may add extra unnecessary features that require money, however they would be losing out on a huge market if it became a pay-to-use service.
MySpace is not the same thing... Otherwise Facebook would be falling with MySpace right now. XD

MySpace is for gangsters and emos. At least that's what it feels like, with all the stupid names that use different symbols and text speak in them. At least Facebook forces you to use your actually name, not something like "XxX~N1NT3ND0+$0N1C_F@NBO1~XxX". >_> Oh, and it doesn't let you have annoying music on your profile like MySpace does. And no annoying copy and paste layouts and all that. Ugh.

Tyeforce said:
Azila said:
OddCrazyMe said:
Tyeforce said:
Rorato said:
None of my friends actually like the new Facebook. I like it just because of the new avatars and stuff, but the layout is kinda frustrating.

Old Facebook:

New Facebook:
Click on the Home button or the Facebook Logo to go to your news feed and then either click on your name, or hit view my profile.

Which sounds easier?

And I highly doubt Facebook will start costing money. They may add extra unnecessary features that require money, however they would be losing out on a huge market if it became a pay-to-use service.
MySpace is not the same thing... Otherwise Facebook would be falling with MySpace right now. XD

MySpace is for gangsters and emos. At least that's what it feels like, with all the stupid names that use different symbols and text speak in them. At least Facebook forces you to use your actually name, not something like "XxX~N1NT3ND0+$0N1C_F@NBO1~XxX". >_> Oh, and it doesn't let you have annoying music on your profile like MySpace does. And no annoying copy and paste layouts and all that. Ugh.
MAYBE SOME PEOPLE LIKE HAVING MUSIC PLAY. >:U

I like the new Facebook layout, but it's really glitchy and the mobile app no longer shows updates and such.

And ignorance is bliss. @article

Tyeforce said:
Azila said:
OddCrazyMe said:
Tyeforce said:
Rorato said:

Old Facebook:

New Facebook:

Which sounds easier?

Um, my 10 year old friend has it. So does my sister, and my brother. Cough. I've never been on Myspace, I've seen it and stuff. My friends prefer Myspace over Facebook, they say they're the same thing, but Myspace just feels more popular and better. Trust me, only one of them are emo.

Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
Azila said:
OddCrazyMe said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep

I like the new Facebook layout, but it's really glitchy and the mobile app no longer shows updates and such.

If you want to listen to music, then just open iTunes. =p Seriously, I hate it when I go to someone's profile and I hear the worst rap music imaginable playing. >_>

Tyeforce said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
Azila said:
OddCrazyMe said:

If you want to listen to music, then just open iTunes. =p Seriously, I hate it when I go to someone's profile and I hear the worst rap music imaginable playing. >_>
Haha, when my sis is on all I hear is that crap! It's so annoying. I tell her to turn it down, hmm wonder how she replies.

Azila said:
Tyeforce said:
Azila said:
OddCrazyMe said:
Tyeforce said:

Um, my 10 year old friend has it. So does my sister, and my brother. Cough. I've never been on Myspace, I've seen it and stuff. My friends prefer Myspace over Facebook, they say they're the same thing, but Myspace just feels more popular and better. Trust me, only one of them are emo.
I didn't say that everyone on MySpace are gangsters and emos, lol. But a large majority of MySpace seems like it, even if they aren't. Unless they're purposely trying to make themselves look emo or gangster, they're not doing a very good job at making themselves look good. =p (Actually, that applies for the emo and gangster posers, too, I guess. XD)

Myspace had it's glory, but it's been beaten out by Facebook. Yes, it's good bands and other organizations to at least create a MySpace page so that they can broaden their audiences, however, Facebook is where it's at.

@Topic: Wow, and BWAHAHA.

Off-Topic:The two social networking sites don't seem very alike, MySpace just seems to be a website that you can make a website about yourself, and meeting with friends is thrown in. In my opinion Facebook seems to be another Social networking site that acts a little more sophisticated than MySpace, but has eccentric, weird people on it too. Based on what I've heard, Facebook seems more similar to Twitter.(But I've never actually seen Twitter in detail, so I could be totally wrong)

Craziness said:

Off-Topic:The two social networking sites don't seem very alike, MySpace just seems to be a website that you can make a website about yourself, and meeting with friends is thrown in. In my opinion Facebook seems to be another Social networking site that acts a little more sophisticated than MySpace, but has eccentric, weird people on it too. Based on what I've heard, Facebook seems more similar to Twitter.(But I've never actually seen Twitter in detail, so I could be totally wrong)
No, Facebook is more similar to MySpace than Twitter. Twitter is basically Facebook's status updates, minus everything else. I don't see how people can prefer Twitter to Facebook, when Facebook has the one thing Twitter has and much more. And I really don't understand how people get so addicted to Twitter... It's pointless. .-.

Tyeforce said:
Craziness said:

No, Facebook is more similar to MySpace than Twitter. Twitter is basically Facebook's status updates, minus everything else. I don't see how people can prefer Twitter to Facebook, when Facebook has the one thing Twitter has and much more. And I really don't understand how people get so addicted to Twitter... It's pointless. .-.
The only reason I have a twitter is to follow famous people/musicians I like. It's kind of interesting to see what they tweet. But I agree if I had to choose between facebook and twitter, bye bye twitter haha.

And maybe it would be good if they made facebook cost money because I would never pay for it, therefore I would loose my addiction to facebook =P haha just kidding.

lilypad said:
Tyeforce said:
Craziness said:

The only reason I have a twitter is to follow famous people/musicians I like. It's kind of interesting to see what they tweet. But I agree if I had to choose between facebook and twitter, bye bye twitter haha.

And maybe it would be good if they made facebook cost money because I would never pay for it, therefore I would loose my addiction to facebook =P haha just kidding.
I used to be addicted to Facebook. But for some reason, I just stopped my addiction, but I still get on everyday. Twitter is hardly like Facebook, though.

When ever I said "Facebook and Myspace are the same thing" I though Myspace and Facebook were the same mostly because, I would search a picture on Photobucket or some thing, and when I clicked it, it would say "Share this" then showed the Myspace and Facebook signs. I knew Myspace had games, and you were able to socialize with other people. So did Facebook. I didn't really know Myspace. I just knew they had a few things alike. I pretty much guessed and wondered if any one would agree with it. I should've thought harder. :S

lilypad said:
Tyeforce said:
Craziness said:

I can understand using Twitter to follow famous people, musicians, news blogs, etc. But when you become like this person, something's gone very wrong. XD

Seriously? I had thought that people on the internet were smarter than that.

@Tyeforce: I bet the marriage lasted for about eleven seconds after that.

Tyeforce said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
Azila said:
OddCrazyMe said:

iTunes is charging $1.29 for most songs, while Myspace music is free. Your only other option for iTunes is listening to free "samples".

And you can just press the pause button on the music player to turn it off... :p

Muffun said:
Tyeforce said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
Azila said:

iTunes is charging $1.29 for most songs, while Myspace music is free. Your only other option for iTunes is listening to free "samples".

And you can just press the pause button on the music player to turn it off... :p
You know you don't have to buy all of your music from the iTunes Store, right? I haven't bought a single song from the iTunes Store. All of my songs are from CDs, game rips, online downloads, etc.

Back