• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

"Where's the Facebook Login Page?!"

Shadow Jolteon

Bells
So, I was checking my RSS feeds a few minutes ago and found an article about an article on another website who wrote about a possible deal between America Online and Facebook, which would allow communication between the two services. The article, titled "Facebook Wants to Be Your One True Login", quickly rose to the top of Google when "facebook login" was searched, which people who obviously have no patience to read, let alone think, and see that it's very obviously not Facebook.

Most of these unobservant people posted angry comments, saying how they hate the "new layout" and asking where the login page is. Some even going as far as to say they wanted their account closed, or thinking their information had been deleted. Eventually the website had enough and added a warning to the article:

ReadWriteWeb said:
Dear visitors from Google. This site is not Facebook. This is a website called ReadWriteWeb that reports on news about Facebook and other Internet services. You can however click here and become a Fan of ReadWriteWeb on Facebook, to receive our updates and learn more about the Internet. To access Facebook right now, click here. For future reference, type "facebook.com" into your browser address bar or enter "facebook" into Google and click on the first result. We recommend that you then save Facebook as a bookmark in your browser.
Original Article: Facebook Wants to Be Your One True Login

Edit: Apparently the deal has already gone through.
Edit 2: Whoa, the article has over one thousand comments from angry Facebookers. It's ridiculous that people are this lazy and unobservant. .-.

So wait, they thought that website was facebook? Haha! Wow. It wouldn't really be surprising if they changed almost EVERYTHING in facebook. They already changed what facebook looks like, I want the old facebook back! Well, anyways, I'm confused how they would really think that. Haha.

I know, it's crazy. XD The website looks nothing like Facebook's style, and it says in a big image at the top that the website is ReadWriteWeb. =p

I feel sorry for the people who run that website.

all I have to say to this is .... wow. -_-

facebook did change their layout couple days ago though, and I am not a fan.

lilypad said:

Why? The new Facebook layout is better than the last. It's easier to access things. You're probably just not liking it because it's new. =p Give it a chance, lol.

I like the new Facebook layout more than before, too. Looks more professional, the other one was sloppy and uglyish. The new one looks more smooth and simple. I rarely use Facebook, though. I'm not a fan of social networking websites.

I only recently signed up with facebook, because my family forced me too. :p
so i dont really know anything about the old style.

Tyeforce said:
lilypad said:

Why? The new Facebook layout is better than the last. It's easier to access things. You're probably just not liking it because it's new. =p Give it a chance, lol.
Nah, I liked the old one when it was new :D

And the reason why I don't like it is because for the photo application it displays like every photo that a person has been tagged in, not just the photo albums people upload. Making it extremely confusing. But I will get use to it.

lilypad said:
Tyeforce said:
lilypad said:

Nah, I liked the old one when it was new :D

And the reason why I don't like it is because for the photo application it displays like every photo that a person has been tagged in, not just the photo albums people upload. Making it extremely confusing. But I will get use to it.
I also dislike it because they only use the center part of the screen to display stuff. That's not an issue for most people, but I have a 1600x900 monitor, so only half of the screen has anything on it. :/

I hate the actual new Facebook layout, and the News Feed thing they did in the layout before that. God, can't they understand I don't want to view stuff that happened yesterday, but what people are doing now?

I actually like the new Facebook design. The photo viewer isn't that great, however, if I really want to see people's photos, I'd just go to their profile.

The new layout is like so much better than the previous change.
Less glitches in my opinion.

None of my friends actually like the new Facebook. I like it just because of the new avatars and stuff, but the layout is kinda frustrating.

Old Facebook:
Click on your name to go to your profile.

New Facebook:
Click on the Home button or the Facebook Logo to go to your news feed and then either click on your name, or hit view my profile.

Which sounds easier?

The only reason I don't like the new is 'cause, remember at the bottem? It like shows who to chat to, and you click on the things to go there like RIGHT AWAY. Now, you have to the home page. Ugh, it's annoying. All the rest is okay, I guess. Oh, and have you heard? Facebook's gonna start costing money I think in July. Are ya'll gonna still go on it? I'm not psh, just go Myspace.

Rorato said:
None of my friends actually like the new Facebook. I like it just because of the new avatars and stuff, but the layout is kinda frustrating.

Old Facebook:

New Facebook:
Click on the Home button or the Facebook Logo to go to your news feed and then either click on your name, or hit view my profile.

Which sounds easier?
Or you could click on "Profile" in the top right... >_>

Rorato said:

Old Facebook:

New Facebook:

Which sounds easier?
Old Facebook, I was more used to. Let's see how the new one turns out.

Tyeforce said:
Rorato said:

Old Facebook:

New Facebook:

Which sounds easier?
That's what I was gonna say. That's on every page no matter what. :p

And I highly doubt Facebook will start costing money. They may add extra unnecessary features that require money, however they would be losing out on a huge market if it became a pay-to-use service.

OddCrazyMe said:
Tyeforce said:
Rorato said:

Old Facebook:

New Facebook:

Which sounds easier?
That's what I was gonna say. That's on every page no matter what. :p

And I highly doubt Facebook will start costing money. They may add extra unnecessary features that require money, however they would be losing out on a huge market if it became a pay-to-use service.
People have been making groups saying "WE WILL NOT PAY!", and my "smart" sister said they will. I'm sure you're right, though. They should know if it did cost money, every one will just leave and move to Myspace. Myspace is like EXACTLY the same thing.

Back