• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

When you were a kid, what did you want to be? What are you now?

As a kid i wanted to be an artist,pilot and veterinarian.

i have become an artist, but only as a hobby.

When I was 3 all the way to age 18 i wanted to be a vet, but once I found out how much schooling I'd have to go through I decided not be study. Now I major in Plant biology which i wanted to do to help out the environment. Starting in the fall i'll be working with my teacher as a Lab assistant! Since i go to a research school i'll get paid to do it!!

I wanted to be an artist. I never got really great at art (I drew my avatar, for example ._.), and I've been staying at home after high school. I didn't take college or get a job.

Last edited:
For a while I wanted to be an author, but I've kind of given on up on 'cause it'd be a lot of work and just plain luck to make an actual living as an author.

The only other things I really wanted to be were a psychiatric nurse or something to do with video games, but since I'm horrible with math and a lot of things regarding video game programming and stuff need math I've decided to just go to school to be a psychiatric nurse

When I was a little kid- I always wanted to be a professional wrestler- because I grew up watching professional wrestling almost every single day- and now, I want to be a plethora of things... I want to be a vet (I just got accepted into an animal science and health class for a career school, but I didn't take the offer- I'd feel so weird being put in a different school- but I still really want to do it...), I want to be a lawyer, I want to be an author, a pastry chef, and a professional wrestler... (still) LOL

I wanted to be a film director, then an animator, then a veterinarian, then finally a writer. Now I'm a self loathing hobby artist who can't work because I'm disabled. Winning! :D

When I was a little kid- I always wanted to be a professional wrestler- because I grew up watching professional wrestling almost every single day- and now, I want to be a plethora of things... I want to be a vet (I just got accepted into an animal science and health class for a career school, but I didn't take the offer- I'd feel so weird being put in a different school- but I still really want to do it...), I want to be a lawyer, I want to be an author, a pastry chef, and a professional wrestler... (still) LOL

Hey! I'm not the only one who wanted to be a Pro Wrestler, ahhh all those Monday/Thursday/Friday nights spent watching WWF/WWE! What a childhood~ I also wanted to be a vet or a cop and now I'm just kinda drifting figuring my life out. So we'll see where I go next.

I wanted to be a marine biologist or a zoo keeper. Something to do with animals.

When I was younger I was one of those kids that were like, "I wanna be a vet because I love animals". Then I figured out that I don't want to do anything medical. I'm too squeamish.

I learned about the wonders of technology and so now I want to be a product photographer.

Growing up, I wanted to be a scientist, marine biologist, and even a chef. Now i'm going to school to become a Mortician or Funeral Director. However, I currently feel like a failure. :)

when i was a kid i wanted to be a fashion designer, a doctor and an astronaut. i went on to do media in college, to help with becoming a fashion photographer but i'm switching to fashion come this september. so in short, i want to be a fashion photographer.

I wanted to be a Vet since I was really young (around 4), which changed to a Zoologist when I was a little older.
I'm currently in my second year of university studying Natural Sciences.

Back