when do you take down your Christmas tree and Christmas decorations?

like mid/late january
everything seems so depressing and bare when we take ours down aha

I did mine 2 days ago! I am decorating a wreath for valentines already, I'm a little too excited to decorate our little home each holiday lolol

Haha I am definitely going to do a little lighter on decorating next year - it took way too long to take everything down!

Over the past week we've been taking down the decorations slowly. They're almost all put away, just a few straggling things here and there. We usually try to by a week into the New Year as I think that's when the boyscouts usually pick up the trees? Now we have a fake tree, but we just follow our old tradition of keeping it up until then.

I'm not sure if this is just an Irish thing but in my house we've always waited until the 6th of January to take the decorations down because that's the date of Little Christmas. Apparently you're not supposed to take the tree down before then, haven't a clue why though.

I don't really use that many Christmas decorations, but I almost always forget / don't bother to take them down. I still have my tabletop Christmas tree in the living room lol.

I usually keep the decorations up until mid January. Most people celebrate the full 12 days of Christmas where I live so they also have their decorations up til then. Funny enough, my city doesn't take them down until the end of January. I've seen people keep them until February or even in early March lol

Family tradition has conditioned me such that the Christmas tree stays up until the 7th of January has passed, then it's clear to be taken down and I just stick with that. I was told that it had to do with Epiphany/Orthodox Christmas, though at least to my knowledge the older relatives weren't in fact Orthodox. Maybe further back? Dunno. Anywho, I like having it up that little bit longer to continue enjoying the way the lights illuminate the dark room, so it's an easy tradition to keep alive.

i think we usually start putting up christmas decoration and the tree sometime after thanksgiving unless lazy and we wait until like a few weeks before christmas. ideally the christmas decorations should be put away maybe mid january but there have been times where we didn't take anything down until february 😂 i personally love christmas trees so they really should be a year round decoration!

We usually don’t remove the tree and decoration until after Three Kings Day passes.

Back