• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

When did you start playing Animal Crossing?

When did you start playing Animal Crossing?

• Total voters
I started with New Leaf in 2014. I didn't like it at first but as I progressed in the game, I became hooked. Definitely one of the best 3DS games.

I started between 2013-2014 with New Leaf. I rented a copy until I got my own for my 13th birthday. Still my favorite game in the series!

New Leaf was the first I played, which I believe I got in late 2013, but not sure, maybe it was early 2014. It was before Harv was added anyway, so when I returned to it years later, I had no idea wtf was going on there haha. I had heard of the games before, but never actually played as I only had a 3DS back then, so no compatible console til New Leaf. I enjoyed Harvest Moon a lot and decided to give Animal Crossing a go after seeing some people playing it.

New Leaf, because I've always been a Nintendo handheld boy. NL came with my 3DS as part of a promotion and that's how I got into AC.

I started with NL when I was 4! I remember getting it after telling my mother that zack scott played it! Now it is my favorite game of all time and AC will always be my favorite! I know too much about every game and I know that everyone will think this is normal but I have seen all the villagers so many times through posts and amiibo cards to the point where I have MEMORIZED EVERY VILLAGERS NAME. and what series they are in and personality. I <3 AC :)

I got into it during the Wild World era and I'm happy to have witnessed a lot of things like the anime movie and the build up to New Horizons.

I had to look back at photos for reference but I started playing New Leaf in April of 2014. Back then, I played with a lot of people from a website called GaiaOnline. Slightly disappointed that my original save file got deleted but I had a lot of memories nevertheless. My 3DS is slightly damaged so it's been fun playing New Horizons with random people online.

I heard of Animal Crossing form this YouTuber named Chuggaconroy who did a Lets Play of Animal Crossing New Leaf. At the time I thought "That looks really cool" sadly I didn't own a 3DS at the time so I couldn't get the game. So by March 2020 when the Pandemic started I picked up Animal Crossing New Horizons making it the first AC game I've ever played. If it wasn't for Chuggaconroy playing New Leaf I would've never discovered Animal Crossing in General.

My first ac game was wild world, but my second one was the gamecube version. I'd say I spent more time on the gamecube and new leaf then any other ac game.

I first started playing Animal Crossing on August 18, 2012, with the GameCube version I had picked up alongside a bunch of other GameCube games from GameStop. I hadn't really expected the game to be anything noteworthy, but ended up becoming almost instantly addicted to the game. Within a week I had bought myself Wild World and had preordered New Leaf, and when my birthday rolled around in November I used the money I got to buy myself a Wii specifically for City Folk. Good times...

First one was Wild World for me. It came as a bundle with the DS I bought. At the time I was more interested in Nintendogs, but at some point decided to pick up Wild World and try it out, and I loved it so much! I had a GameCube and ended up buying and playing that version as well. Been a fan of the series ever since! However, I've never played City Folk. The wii was not a console I liked to play on very much because I found it too hard to control.

:) I started with Wild World, I guess it was the 'in' game in 6th? grade. I remember everyone wanted Joey for some reason and his little pool that had a duck floating in it. I still think he's a cute character but I didn't notice he was wearing a diaper back then. 🤔

I wish I got to experience the GC version though - I think I'd get a kick out of villagers being genuinely mean or being able to bang on the shop door to get it open past hours.

New Leaf era! When I was in college. Definitely contributed to a couple failed classes but... no regrets. Some people party in college, I played animal crossing 😋

I started playing with New Leaf in 2014 and still playing. When I look at screenshots from older games, I think it looks fun.

I went over to a friend's house back in 2002 and they were playing the GameCube game when I arrived. I was intrigued and watched them play for a bit before we switched to something else. I soon thereafter got a copy of my own so we could play together.

Wild World. I imported it from NA in late 2005 because I didn't want to wait for it to release in Europe.

Started with Wild World. Though I got it pretty late and I could never play online so it became rather boring for me even though the game was good for its time. Played it in later years and of those I played I prefer New Leaf so much since Wild World aged rather bad sadly.

Back