• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

When did you start playing Animal Crossing?

I first started playing Animal Crossing on August 18, 2012, a couple months after I got my GameCube.

i always wanted to play animal crossing but i was dirt poor lmao. years later into 2013 i played my first AC game, new leaf :')

My first Animal Crossing game was Animal Crossing for the Nintendo GameCube. I first played it when I was about six or so and had no basic reading skills, hahaha.

Christmas 2005! my player name was Jal and I don't really remember my first town name, but I know the current one is Burrow.

I got it for my 14th birthday on Gamecube, just 2 days after it's release on 24th September 2004. Other than New Leaf, I've only really played that particular AC game.

When I was 5 or 6 I believe I got Animal Crossing Population growing. It was my first gamecube game! I actually have no idea what my town name or mayor name was, but I really liked it although I could barely read. I hadn't played another game since New Leaf, so there was quite a jump in the gameplay really quq

I don't remember how old I was, but I played it in like 2003/2004

On a unrelated note.. My parents sold my gamecube without telling me with my sonic game inside of it, and I really miss that game as well, I was going to buy it again after getting really mad at my parents for selling it for a few dollars.. And found out the lowest I could find it for was over 100 bucks T-T

Last edited:
I started playing Animal Crossing in around 2006 because my cousins were playing Wild World. Being a lover of cute things, I instantly wondered what game that was and then went out and bought it a week later.

INSTANT HOOK. <3

I started with Wild World when I was a kid. The only other DS games I had were Nintendogs, and my character was Hattie from Hatland xD I was a pretty rubbish child

3rd grade so I was 9 at the time. I remember getting Wild World around launch.

Back