• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

When did you start animal crossing?

2004, when it came out on Gamecube in Europe! I was 10 and super salty that we had to wait 2 years longer than NA to get it! :p

April of 2012. (Hey, that's also when I joined TBT!) My first game was Wild World, but I was only playing it while waiting for Population Growing to come in the mail. If you know me, it's pretty obvious that I liked Population Growing more.

Last edited:
Some time before 2007, but I can't remember when. I remember playing on the GC AC before I got WW for Christmas in 2007.

I started playing animal crossing in 2009, after seeing my sister play wild world.

Last edited:
I started Wild World around 2006 I believe, but I've had interest in the series before that. I remember begging my parents for the original AC but never getting it.

Coincidentially that's where I came up with my username, and how I've named my character in every Animal Crossing since.

Last edited:
I bought Animal Crossing for the GC the day it came out, I was so excited. So that was in 2002. *wipes a nostalgic tear away*

I can't believe I got this new so long ago. I'm getting so old.

Back