• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What's your perspective on perspective?

toxapex

I KNOW IT'S A GRANBULL STOP PMING ME ABOUT IT!!!
Bells
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
I've seen a lot of people online say that they like the acres of the original GCN Animal Crossing more than the cylindrical perspective of WW-NL. My question is, if you could choose a perspective for the next AC game, would you rather acres, cylindrical, or something new? If it's something new, what would it be? If it's acres, how would you handle the sky-based events like meteor showers in the newer games?

For me, I'd like to see if the Wii U could handle a full 3D Animal Crossing game, playing similar to New Leaf, but with a rotatable camera and buildings facing in different directions. (Maybe you could center the camera behind you by pressing a button, a la Legend of Zelda.)

What do you think would be best?

Funnily enough, I've always wanted the ability to play with a rotatable camera outside.

I prefer the perspective of NL. It's my favourite perspective in the AC games and I think it works best for the game. I like being able to see the sky, ground, and horizon all at once. It makes it much easier to see everything possible to interact with; with the acre system, you can't see what's going on in other acres if you're not in them, but in New Leaf you can see things on the horizon that are a greater distance from you as opposed to just your immediate surroundings. I think the acre system worked well for the Gamecube, but as the games are progressing and becoming more complex and customizable and interactive, the perspective in NL is ultimately a better decision.

Hopefully the next game has full camera control, it means that buildings in the town don't have to face the same way and the graphics and the towns terrain can look a little more detailed such as hills, long grass and stuff.
Basically I just want an Animal Crossing game that looks like the anime movie :)

I'd love 3D rotateable camera outside, but if not that, then I'd like to have the NL perspective next game.

I'm not familiar with the GC version, sadly :c So I can't judge that. But I like how the NL camera rotates in houses. So if you could have that same ability outdoors that would be great. Probably the same thing you guys are saying about a rotating camera, but I just worded it differently. XD

I like the perspective in NL, though I wish that you could zoom in more easily or change the angle a little like in FF14 or WOW

I'm not familiar with GC and CF, I only have experience with Wild World and New Leaf. In WW, it was pretty ridiulous how the entire top screen was just used to display the sky. Although I did enjoy looking at the sky and I loved the constellations, the top screen wasn't used to it's full potential, it would have made so much more sense for the map to be up there. The perspective in NL is best so far in my opinion. It would be so fun if you had the option of different angles outdoors and in buildings, similar to the different angles and zoom options in your home. It would add a much needed element to the next Animal Crossing, without causing too much trouble for the people who make it, considering they were able to do it in the houses just fine. Any other sort of full 3D would probably make it feel... just not like Animal Crossing, although I could see it happening eventually.

I'd like to have an option to have a rolling town or an acred town. Maybe have Rover ask "[Your Town Name Here], eh? Does that place have rolling hills or open acres?" And select "Rolling hills!" for a rolling town like in Wild World, City Folk, and New Leaf, of "Open acres!" for an acred town like in Population Growing. Plus it could add a lot more variety to online towns.

Last edited:

I'd like to have an option to have a rolling town or an acred town. Maybe have Rover ask "[Your Town Name Here], eh? Does that place have rolling hills or open acres?" And select "Rolling hills!" for a rolling town like in Wild World, City Folk, and New Leaf, of "Open acres!" for an acred town like in Population Growing. Plus it could add a lot more variety to online towns.

That's so innovative... that four-second clip answers the majority of life's questions! :D

And your signature answers my one other question, hehe.

Back