Fossil Easter Egg
Spring Bloom Easter Egg
Blue Junimo Easter Egg
Prismatic Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
Sakura Easter Egg
This is really weird one for me.
1630855177582.png

the thing is, normal is one of my favorite personalities. I find them very charming and fun and am so surprised they are considered more boring than the cranky and snooty types, though that is just me.

I also have found quite a few designs that I just love. Those in tier A maybe should be my tier S, but for some reason I just find myself unsure if any of them are Tabby and Rodney level favorites.

So as for the rest, there are not too many I totally dislike.

Tier B are ones I have never had but think I could really like or love. Right now i think in particular it would be really great to find Goldie or sylvana, and I really am still not quite sure Gladys shouldn’t be in tier a.

Tier C are all right and some of them I could see becoming favorites but right now they are less interesting to me. After finding her a dozen times I have a certain fondness for Rhonda, and I think Alice’s freckles are very cute.

Tier D I have no interest in.

Tier F I dislike the designs of. So naturally Gayle was the first villager I came across while island hopping today…

sorry I dropped the ball on these a bit, meant to post them for each personality! Life and the camp event got in the way 😅

Here’s the link to the tier maker

my-image-6.png

This is a hard one to rate.
S and A are villagers I actually like

B is villagers I kinda like

C and below are garbage tier.

Normal is not my personality at all

My S tier are the three dogs. Aurora and Sky are amazing. I am not real great at tier lists. I just pick villagers I love, and the rest are meh.

And for Marina in the D tier… I just had to. She’s kind of plain, and her name brings back memories. Bad memories. 😖
0AFAAABA-B546-4288-911C-2E355EE93A9C.jpeg

Screenshot (23).png

this was pretty easy. normal isn't my favorite personality, but it's not my least favorite either. they're a bit dull, but i don't find them insufferable, and it works well enough when i also like the design of the villager(s) -- which is probably why this is ranked almost exclusively based on design.

s tier is for my favorite normal villagers, most of whom i've had in one of my towns over the years.

a and b tier are pretty similar. normal villagers i really like but who aren't quite favorites, and i've had several of them at some point. a tier is just the ones whose designs i like slightly more. (honestly, maple should probably be in a.)

c tier is for normal villagers i wouldn't mind having if they randomly showed up. they're not terrible looking by any means, but i don't find their designs as appealing or interesting as the villagers above them.

d tier is for the normal villagers i think have the "worst" designs, but (with the exception of jambette and maybe annalise) i wouldn't necessarily be disappointed to see any of them as random move-ins either. overall, almost all of the normal designs are alright at the least.

My S tier is filled with the usual popular villagers like Fauna, Lily and Molly. My favourite normal villager is Merengue, given my history with her in my NL town and my NH island.
my-image (3).png

my-image-2 copy.png

I really like a lot of the normal villagers, for me many of them have cute designs so it was hard trying to decide on which tier to place a lot of them in.

Tier S+: I love Fauna, I think she's a really sweet villager and is my overall favourite so she had to have a tier all to herself.

Tier S: These are all villagers that I also love and find cute but I just don't rate them quite as highly as Fauna. Each of these villagers I've either had on my island or on my list to find and it's hard letting any of these ones go as I'm usually very attached to them. Molly is my current favourite in this tier and is my other permanent normal villager but I do miss many of the others (Goldie and Maple in particular) and will probably bring them back at some point.

Tier A: Also villagers that I really like and have had or will have on my island at some point, they all fall under some of my favourite species and I think they're all great villagers, usually I'm not as attached to these ones as I am to the ones in the above tiers but they're all still welcome back to my island and I often end up missing quite a few of them.

Tier B: Most of these I'd class as either average villagers within some of my favourite species or top villagers in some of the species I'm not as drawn to, they're good villagers with nice designs and all are welcome on my island but so far I've never been attached to them or missed any in the same way as the above villagers.

Tier C: These are villagers that I'm not actively looking for, though I don't really dislike any of them and wouldn't be unhappy if they were random move ins. Most of these are villagers that have small things in their design that I don't really like (Aurora's red eyes when she's shocked, Flurrie's bright blue eyebrows and Chelsea's green hair) or are just part of species that I'm indifferent too but none of them are awful and would likely be given a chance on my island, even if only for a short while.

Tier D: I don't hate any of the villagers with the normal personality but these are my least favourites who I'd rather not have randomly move on to my island. I'm not fully sure what it is with Bettina, possibly her hair, but I'm just not drawn to her while I dislike Jambette's lips and Peaches's eyes, they just look a bit odd to me. I've had Kitt on my island and she was an alright villager but I don't really like the female kangaroos due to the design of the joeys.

my-image.png

Not a big fan of normals. They are a snore fest.

S is a permanent villager I want.
A follows closely.
B is long term but not permanent.
C is short term.
D is grab a villager photo and throw them in the ocean.

1630868694018.png

Tier S:
Coco: Some people lover her, some people hate her. I never really thought she looked creepy, and her house inNL really makes it clear that shes's intended to be gyroid/haniwa inspired and I just think that's neat
Lily: Cutie dumpy/White's tree frog. I can't have one in real life (yet..) so I'll have one in my game, she is a current resident of Avalar
Lolly: Always loved this cuite, her face reminds me of Snoopy
Marina: Pink octopus, what's not to love? I love this litter bow on the back of her head to, certified cutie
Merengue: One of the villagers that really hooked me on animal crossing in the first place, I flipped my lid when she showed up in my NL campsite
Etoile: Easily my fav of the Sanrio crew. I love the stars in her hair and that she's covered in funfetti

Tier A:
Daisy: Cute doggo doin a happy doggo face
Goldie: Basic but cute design, lasted though the ages
June: Hawaiian cutie, love the unique flower design, definitely belongs on an island
Kiki: I want to like her more but her nose is kind of funky, reggardless I dig the Kiki's delivery service reference
Maple: Cute sweet bear, not much more to say
Megan: Tall girl care bear, give the best bear hugs
Molly: cottagecore duck, lived in my NL town for quite a while, she looks like she waddled straight out of a storybook
Pekoe: I love the hair bun ears, traditional cutie
Poppy: gives me scandinavian vibes, she definitly makes jam
Skye: My NL town mascot. She's got a doily on her head
Sylvana: Cutie ferret friend
Tia: the OG teapot elephant
Vesta: Not as good as etoile, but still a solid design

Tier B: These guys are also all cute, but their designs don't speak as loudly to me

Tier C: I'm not offended by their designs but I wouldn't invite them to my town

Tier D: I do not vibe with these designs, I wouldn't say they're terrible but just not my thing.
I just like cute girls, what can I say?

1630869859918.png

I find the normals very middling, for the most part. There aren't many I really hate, but the ones I would want have visited my island either here or on a previous island. Aside from perhaps keeping Megan, I don't have any plans on having a normal villager on my island for it to be complete.

Since I'm ranking normal villagers this time, I thought it'd be fitting to not play around with the tier names and just leave them as-is. I'm not running out of ideas what do you mean
normal ranking.png

S-tier: My favorite normal villagers—absolute cuties, the lot of them. I'd definitely put Celia down as a dreamie if I had just a smidge more room.
A-tier: All extremely good normal villagers; I'd probably have a hard time letting go of any of them. If we had more room for villagers, a lot of these gals would probably fall into permanent villager territory. Stella seems very serene, and Vesta is really unique-looking and I love her design. I'm not super into Sanrio stuff, but I have to say I love Chelsea—she's got a super cute haircut and I love the pink/spring-green combination.
B-tier: Also very good normals; most likely none of them would be permanent villagers, but they'd be nice to have around for awhile. I don't really care for pie-shaped eyes, but I can look past it for Merengue. Kitt is cute but I worry about whether she and her baby are getting enough sleep. Rhonda is very stylish. Molly and Sydney both strike me as little kids; they look like they could be elementary-school playmates.
C-tier: They're alright, I wouldn't mind having them. Marina and Étoile are very cute, but a little too cute/pastel-heavy for my aesthetics. Gayle is similar, but I have to say I love the unexpected design combination of "sweet lolita + alligator".

D-tier: There's some aspect of their design that I'm just not a big fan of. For a lot of these, I think it's probably eye-shape. Unfortunately, I could not look past the pie-shaped eyes for Poppy and Ellie. I actually think Deena is fairly cute, but something about her hair/that shade of green bothers me a bit too much.
F-tier: My least-favorite normal villagers. Caroline's eyes are a little unsettling to me, and her color scheme feels like too much. Bertha I might come around on in the future, but she feels a bit too... "in-your-face" to me right now? If that makes sense.

my-image.png

s-tier: the ones i absolutely adore!! daisy is my all time fave villager but the other ones come so close to her!!
a-tier: i like them?? but not as much as s tier. i def wouldn't mind having them on my island, but they are not top priority.
b-tier: theyre cute but if i met them on a mystery island, i wouldnt immediately take them.
c-tier & below: i dont really like them. but i wouldnt mind having them temporarily until i find someone else

7DD06DD4-1CE5-4418-B546-9ACE27817074.png

S+: coco because she’s my absolute fav, i love her and will always have her on my island so she gets her own tier.
S: i love these cuties as well! they all have a special place in my heart but aren’t as permanent as coco.
A: the designs of these villagers are all really cute to me, however i don’t necessarily need them on my island. although i wouldn’t be upset if i got any of them as random move-ins.
B: also pretty cute, just less so. wouldn’t want to keep them around for too long.
C: i’m not maaaaad at these designs, but… they definitely aren’t my favorite. wouldn’t be the happiest if they moved in.
D: i just realized i left skye here on accident, but i’d meant to move her to C. anyway, yeah i don’t like these villagers at all. would move them out asap.

normals.png

I had to put a S+ tier on this one, as Kiki is my all time favorite villager, and I decided Sylvana deserves to be up there too, as my fourth favorite of all time.

Regular S tier are villagers that I absolutely LOVE and would be on my island in a heartbeat if we had more than 10 villagers.
A tier and B tier are both tiers of villagers that I really like, but the ones in B tier I don't have much personal experience with.
C tier is villagers I find OK. (Last time I did this I claimed I hated Lucy and I don't remember why now, lol)
D tier are the few normals I don't like at all. Most of them are just design reasons. Flurry's blue eyebrows, Annalisa's whole vibe, Jambette's lips, and Chelsea's green hair, in particular. Kitt, Sandy, and Rhonda I just plain don't like. Kitt was a thorn in my side in Wild World, Sandy is so boring compared to the other ostriches, and Rhonda should be snooty.

Last edited:
This is probably my most, uh……normal take. Though honestly, I like far more villagers than I dislike, so within any tier list, I would say that S rank all the way down to B rank are ones I feel actively positive about, C is the meh tier (not my preference but not unpleasant) while D tier is reserved for the ones I’d actually be disappointed to have on my island. Alice and I have A History.

7CB1A892-26B1-46FC-BF3E-C810F30EC0F4.png

my-image (6).png

Flurry tier - You can never achieve Flurry tier. Only Flurry can achieve Flurry tier.

S tier - My other favourite normies that aren't Flurry.

A tier - Villagers I really like

B tier - Villagers that are ok

C tier - Neutral on these

D tier - Villagers I don't really like

Marcie - Damn you Marcie, you need to stop wrecking my LIFE and just give me your pic so you can leave! I am so annoyed with her, this has been ongoing for ages now!

Normal tier list.png

Honestly, there's not many designs of normal villagers that I truly dislike! Most of them have something about them I really like, so really I'm sure some from the "I don't mind them" section could even be moved up to "I like them a lot!"

The only designs I TRULY and heavily dislike are Peaches, Savanna, Betina, Lucy, and Caroline. Everyone else in that section I don't hate or anything, I just wouldn't want them in my village. I actually really dislike Deena's design too, but I have a soft spot for her because she was my best little buddy on the Gamecube when I was a kid, so she gets to be in the "I like them a lot!" section.

I really like a as lot of the normal villagers.My favorite will always be Aurora.
C0E29CF9-B0BF-47C7-A1C8-D3579FB1EC96.png

Back