What's YOUR backstory?

Hm. I think about this but can never settle on something amazing lol.
I'll try.
(My town is set in the Edo era so it's an old town)
My mayor's based off me but not quiet me, so yeah.

My mayor moved to Bliss because she wanted to move to a small peaceful fishing village in a cedar grove where no one could bother her from her old life.
Originally she lived more laid back as a mayor until she decided to take a more active role. She's still pretty laid back now though.
She wanted also to live a simpler life than she had been living.
Animals aren't strange in her world and far outnumbered people (I've played a game for a long time).
What pushed her to finally move away from everything she knew was getting out of a bad relationship and needing a fresh start.
She lived in the country as a kid and after moving to the city realized it wasn't for her on top of that.

Yeah idk thats the best I got. Lol.
I'll add a brief why other alts are there.

Cedar- Opened a restaurant/tea house, sometimes Clover will do tea ceremonies for him (mostly because they are both crushing on each other). He left working in a nearby town as a fruit farmer because it was his dream. He hasn't had the business long enough to gain a real popularity yet but Clover always suggests villagers visit him.

Clover - Let home working as a Geshia (she was forced into it) to run an inn. She had heard the town was very peaceful and forward thinking so she moved there to heal some old wounds.

Ceres- He used to help with running a temple but it's now a music hall. He moved away from home and wandered around from town to town for a long while. He found a secluded spot in Bliss to settle down. He works at Brewster's a lot and is one of the town's best fishermen. Sells fresh fish to Cedar. He originally moved from home because it was burned down in a fire. Noone was hurt but the village never recoverd. He thinks he knows the mayor from somewhere before. He used to live a few towns away from her.

Wow, everyone has such amazing backstories for their characters! I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who likes making stories about my ACNL people. It makes the game more interesting for me.

As of now, my town only has two human residents: Mayor Fenris and Resident Freyja.

Although Fenris is technically seen as a human, he wasn't always one. Years before he arrived in hollow, Fenris was the name of a great wolf that was known to be the monstrous half-god that would terrorize human settlements with his pack. Everyone lived in fear of the name Fenris, and the gods were always trying to destroy him for good and yet failed every time. After Fenris killed a group of young huntresses, Artemis punished him by turning him into human and sent him to a town where there were no humans so he would be isolated. Unfortunately for him, Mayor Fenris does not remember any of his former life as a great half-god yet is plagued with night terrors every night. Compared to his former self, he's now rather lazy and practically harmless human being. But every full moon, he becomes animalistic; not exactly transforming back into a wolf, but demonstrating more of his wolf tendencies such as sharper fangs and uncontrollable urge to destroy. During full moons, he disappears for the night and does not return until a few days later when Isabelle finds him wandering somewhere in town, looking ragged and confused.

Even though the threat of Fenris was diminished thanks to Artemis, the other gods wanted him to be gone for good. Athena trained Freyja, daughter of Aphrodite and a human, to become the warrior who will slain the wolf Fenris. Freyja was later sent to different settlements in hopes of finding Fenris but had little success. One day, she got a ticket for hollow, a town that just appeared out of nowhere. When she arrived, she was welcomed by a sweet dog named Isabelle and the town's mayor, Fenris. While Fenris is absolutely clueless about who he actually is, Freyja is suspicious about the little weak mayor that disappears once a month. However, she couldn't kill him in public since the animals loved him so much. So she sets up traps to kill him yet none of them ever go right. Other villagers would get trapped instead (and she'll have to awkwardly make up excuses to Copper for why she set them up in the first place), Wolfgang would save Fenris at the very last minute, or Fenris won't even come out of his house because he didn't want to move out of his bed. So yeah, operation kill Fenris isn't going well.

((This is such a cute thread! I was a bit torn on what to write, though, as one or two of my towns don't really follow the game intro in my head-canon/theme. I decided to just pick one, though. It ended up much longer than I was expecting and I didn't finish it. I had this story in mind for my town for ages. Years, even, as it began with a prior town I had reset a long time ago. Thank you for inspiring me with this thread, lol!))

For ages the forested ruins of Llothien lay darkened and hushed, forgotten in the passing of centuries. It had once been a glorious kingdom, home to both Elves and the wise, intelligent creatures of the woods. Nowhere else in the world did such magic flourish; nowhere else did animals walk and thrive as the Elves did. In that time the creatures of Llothien worshiped the Moon, and for their devotion She granted unto them Her love and the blessings of prosperity.

But all of life is doomed to fade, and not even the Moon could shelter Llothien from its fate. Shadows blackened the stars as the magic was seeped from the blood of that forest, stolen by envious and dark forces. They shrouded the light of the Moon, and without the gaze of their Goddess the Elves fled in fear and shame. Many of the animals fled as well, though some remained, finding ways to survive in the emptiness of the wilderness.

Time passed. With no light or magic left within Llothien the dark forces departed, leaving only a moonless and cold wood in its wake. The animals faded, too, as all things must, but their children and grandchildren continued on. Soon only ruins remained, overgrown and forgotten…

Until the descendants of Llothien's animals discovered a lost temple of the Moon. They did not know how long it had waited, hidden within the feral growth of the forest. Within they found murals, writings, teachings – history previously lost to them. They discovered prayers and rituals, they discovered that the old tales passed down from generation to generation of the once beautiful realm of Llothien were true. They had never known the light and love the Moon, for Her gaze had been lost to Llothien over the centuries. But the animals had hope – hope that their forest could be what it once was. So they prayed within the temple. The brought offerings to lay upon a cracked altar: fresh bowls of water taken from the clearest of forest springs, sprigs of lavender and aromatic herbs, blossoms they found lovely, trinkets, heirlooms, anything that they loved and were willing to relinquish. They would have given up everything, and such devotion, such hope did not go unheard.

The night the shadows parted and the first sliver of moonlight to be seen in ages fell over Llothien, a visitor arrived. A woman in white appeared at the temple and told the animals that she had heard a whispering in the night, a beckoning to their forest. She would remain and become caretaker of the temple, and in time perhaps magic and the Elves would return. The animals were overjoyed and began to view this stranger as the Moon Goddess Herself. They called her Elwelune and she welcomed it openly.
Though she had arrived solely to care for the temple, Elwelune began to care for all of Llothien's wilderness and ruins. The animals continued to pray, for the Moon above had once again shown Her face, and in time they began to feel the stirrings of something awakening within the soils of their home…

Back