• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What's the best way to manipulate flowers?

Diegoboy

Time traveling Resident Rep of San Diego island
Bells
Switch
8399-5564-1884
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
I had enacted the Beautiful Island ordinance, then found myself inundated by flowers. I've been working for three days straight, and I've already gone through nine Golden shovels. My methodology is to move hybrid flowers flowers to the beach and sell the seed colors for bells.
Once I have an area cleared. I place my desired flowers from the beach back into the area, I plant seeds for the basic color flowers, then move on to another area and repeat.
As I do this, all I keep thinking about is "there HAS to be a better way."

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Moving flowers twice (Beach then back) just seems so inefficient.

Thanks In advance!

...now it's ten Golden shovels. (sigh)
Now I am pondering if a reset would be less work.

So you're trying to clear all the excess flowers? :unsure: You could get someone to help clear the flowers if you have a membership and if you're willing to trust someone else with a shovel on your island.

Other than that, there's no faster way that I know of!

I just feel like I'm doing double work. I move desirable flowers to a "holding location" then move them back when I'm ready for them. I suppose, to reduce the amount of moving, I need to be able to see what I want overlaid on what it currently looks like. That way, I would know [a black rose is currently here, but a black rose is needed here in the final design, so I don't have to move it].
I simply don't possess that skill set

Well if you want to keep flowers in one place I have an idea! Make a custom design of a full transparent square then place that design all around the flowers like this picture!
1642645622940.png

Instead of the border make it transparent! This makes it so flowers can stay in a pretty place and have room around htem but not spread! If you want to do the border you can too! I would reccomend making the place where you are placing the border have dirt then place the custom border over the dirt to make it look cleaner than the photo. But yeah! Hopefully this helps!

That is an awesome idea! Thank you.
Now I have to re-redesign my layout. Hahaha

That is an awesome idea! Thank you.
Now I have to re-redesign my layout. Hahaha
Make sure you have them in like a "X" shape so you can easily water the flowers and figure out what kind of hybrid you're supposed to have. I have flowers on my main island "Destiny" that shows a great example of that looks like. It can give you inspiration of how I keep my flower garden well organized. Its better to see it in the dream than explaining cause its a bit complicated.

Back