• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What's Some Good Background Ambience?

WriterofWritings

~Refined Flower~
Bells
The Bell Tree Fair 2022 Patch
Tasty Cake
I like to put on background noise when I'm writing or working on something, but sometimes music with lyrics can be too distracting so I try other things; ocean sounds, storms, fireplaces, etc.

I'm curious, if you like to do the same, what are some of your favorites? ^.^ Feel free to share or drop a video.

This one is my favorite:

This one is pretty good. I love Pokemon too, so it's a no brainer for me when I need something peaceful, lol.

Lots of different ambient sound generators, I like the magic gens but you have to donate like 5$ to use them, the free ones are great too tho mynoise.net

I'm a huge asmr fan, always have been. I understand people who don't like it though. My favorite ASMR is ones where people don't talk, because the talking is so fricking distracting. Just rub my head or something, don't verbally interact XD

This is one that I listen to while I’m laying down. I have a few others, but I’m linking the main one. It’s relaxing and helps me sleep.

This is another one I can recommend:

I‘m a huge LoFi and game soundtrack enthusiast! I also like rain ambiance, but try to avoid thunder sounds as I get scared of them lol. And I totally feel you with the music with lyrics, sometimes I can‘t focus on reading when I hear words too.

My favorite playlists are the ones with funky Nintendo music.

I use the RelaxMeditation app on ios, it has verious sounds and stuff, you can pick and choose what you what to play and create your own track. They have things such as thunder, rain, fire crackling, crickets, etc there's a ton of them and there's also various melodies you can add if you want too, or you can just use the sounds, it's up to you, but there are endless combinations you can make

I also really enjoy game soundtracks, like I love Song of Storms from Zelda, and I love The Witcher 3 game soundtrack

I'm a huge asmr fan, always have been. I understand people who don't like it though. My favorite ASMR is ones where people don't talk, because the talking is so fricking distracting. Just rub my head or something, don't verbally interact XD
Same! I have a couple different playlists of ASMR and I always have it on when I’m falling asleep. I also don’t enjoy the talking on most of them. There are some where it’s not too bad, but for the most part I don’t want to be talked to lol. I also just hate their nasty wet mouth sounds. It’s gross and I don’t like it.

I'm going to go ahead and share this Animal Crossing one that I was REALLY in to for a while:
This is my favourite of any of the Animal Crossing music I've found on YouTube. I don't listen to this one very often anymore though because I think I over played it for myself 😅 (also because it was taken down for a while)

I've used that same video before!

A lot of the ambience tracks I listen to have music in them, but here are a few of my personal faves that are just background noise:

And this enchanted forest piece, but playback is disabled outside Youtube.

i don’t listen to asmr but if i want background noise i usually listen to instrumentals of my favorite songs, sometimes i find slowed down versions or versions with rain sounds over them. i also like listening to the animal crossing hourly music with this website, it loops and then changes when it’s been an hour.

I like to listen to music in general as background music. Relaxing or upbeat, I just put on my main playlist and it helps me focus 😁

For work/writing/studying I’ve been enjoying lofi mixes of video game soundtracks! To fall asleep to I like brown noise.

I've frequented this one for years: https://rainymood.com/

I also like to listen to Lord of the Lost's Swan Symphonies albums. To pick one as an example: below is Unfeel from Swan Symphonies III.

If I’m reading or crafting, I love thunderstorm sounds.
Rainy day animal crossing and the stardew soundtrack are also some of my favorites.

Vaporwave is awesome. Listen to Haircuts For Men. Best vaporwave band I’ve found

For studying I mostly use Undertale and Deltarune soundtracks, simply because they work for me the best and they don't get boring like other soundtracks/albums that I tried studying to.

Besides that, for a particularly long study periods, I put on no commentary playthroughs/speedruns of games that I like. My favorites to listen to are animal crossing new horizons (mostly renovating the island or watering flowers type of videos), skyrim, minecraft (building), genshin impact (I found a lot of videos of doing daily missions), cuphead and any rayman games. I feel like it works for me because 1. The videos are often pretty long, so it's not like I am left without anything to listen to after a while, and 2. The sounds are unpredictable, so it doesn't get boring over time.
So, I highly recommend no commentary game videos for people who need that kind of gaming noises in the background to focus :blush:

Happy to see some fellow LoFi listeners here!

I usually listen while working or browsing. One of my go-to playlists on Spotify is this one because of the variety (can let it play throughout the workday without having to look for something else or skip around):

Hm jazz fusion can be good too. Casiopea, Gran Turismo soundtracks

too lightheaded to recommend more general jazz oops

Any liquid drum and bass mix. I used to like lofi but its gotten so tired and old formulaic, plus it makes me relaxed and drum and bass' more upbeat ambience helps me stay motivated when I'm working or studying.

Kaizo Slumber is my favorite DJ (formerly Acetantina), I like all the nintendo samples/loops/sequences they use in their music

Last edited:
Back