• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What's Bothering You?

I want to apologize to anyone I have offended. I received a warning, and I apologize. It bothers me to know that I said something offensive. I haven't been around much lately, but I do love to hear your thoughts and what bothers you. I never had any intentions of insulting anyone in a general way. I hope you can continue to accept me and my sometimes stupid mouth into your community.

I’m so frustrated and overwhelmed with school at the moment. Why are my teachers suddenly dropping a million assignments to do when there’s less than a month of the school year left? I know that I’ll just cause myself more stress if I do it all at the last minute, yet I’m still procrastinating...

I have a big thesis paper for English due a little over a week from now, and I’ve barely started. I’ve written the introduction, but I think I have to rewrite it... Ugh. I don’t know how to go about this stupid paper and I’m not even working on it ‘cause I’m so overwhelmed with it. Also, just my luck to apply for a college course where you basically only write thesis papers. It’s too late to change courses, so I’ll have to suck it up and get my practice in while I’m still in secondary school.

I’ll be honest, I feel like my struggles don’t matter because I’m only a teenager and I haven’t experienced the “real world” with “real problems” yet. I don’t have to stress about taxes and independence just yet, so why am I even complaining?

And my classmates are obnoxious and sucky as ever, I can't wait till I'm outta here. I don't know if this makes sense, but every time I hear them talk about prom and graduation... I feel a sense of dread? I'm going to my graduation ceremony 'cause I want my diploma, but I've made my mind about prom; I'm not going. I don't see anything 'celebratory' about the occasion (for many reasons, don't wanna delve into it) and I don't even wanna see the faces of my peers. But I'm still worried that my family is gonna make me go, anyways. I dunno.

Some people have to understand that words (or even wording) can hurt someone’s feelings.

I was walking today and saw a school bus. A kid screamed out the window “fat man” at somebody waiting for the bus at a public transit bus stop. I wasn’t even the targeted person, but I couldn’t help but feel bad on behalf of the man.

It made me think back to some of the things I’ve had said to me and how I still remember them to this day. They may not affect me as much, but I still remember the words and how they hurt me at the time.

I sometimes word things poorly thanks to my BPD, but some people just have bad intent behind their words, like those students.

While I can enjoy the research because I love the topic my course is centred around, trying to find enough sources for an academic essay I'll have to write to meet the marking criteria has been such a pain. I keep thinking I've found something useful, only for it to not be relevant enough, and it's really nerve-wracking when the deadline is coming up soon.

This is one of the last parts of the project I haven't finished yet, and it just keeps getting drawn out by the day. 😭

my parents full-on yelling at each other over tupperware of all things is genuinely one of the most ridiculous things i’ve ever witnessed in my life. 2 grown adults in their 50’s who have zero communication skills and the maturity of a toddler having a tantrum. fun. 🫠

I want to apologize to anyone I have offended. I received a warning, and I apologize. It bothers me to know that I said something offensive. I haven't been around much lately, but I do love to hear your thoughts and what bothers you. I never had any intentions of insulting anyone in a general way. I hope you can continue to accept me and my sometimes stupid mouth into your community.
Hey man I completely understand where you're coming from. I said a lot of bad things myself on this website a few years ago and to this day it still haunts me. At the end of the day we all make mistakes, since we are living in a time when things can be misinterpreted or misunderstood. Trust me that happens to me a lot. I've gotten a lot of warnings myself so I've learned the hard way. So don't feel bad about yourself. You did the right thing admitting to your mistakes and its a great step forward.

Just a lot on my mind right now. I didn't do much work today 'cause I was feeling so tired and nauseous. To be fair, I didn't get much sleep and I barely ate today, so that's on me. I have all these assignments and projects looming over me, but I can't ****ing bring myself to do them.

I'm just not doing well mentally, but what else is new? I hate school, I'm distant with my family, and I miss my mom. Mother's Day was just a painful reminder that she's gone, and I'm still thinking about her. I wanna slap myself in the face and scream, "get it together". I can't dwell too much on my problems 'cause I got stuff to do. Ugh.

I just don’t understand how 99% of people just seem to have no conscience whatsoever about taking other people’s food. Even if someone insists that I can help myself to whatever’s in their kitchen or whatever I still can’t bring myself to do it, so I seriously can’t imagine just doing it without any permission at all??

I've been at my job for 3 years. I've always been diligent and loyal and caused no drama. Today, my hours got severely cut. My boss said he hired too many people so he needed to cut some of the part-time people. I'm part time because I'm volunteering to beef my resume up for vet school. Something he said he supports and understands. Now I'm cut. Even when I offered to stop volunteering and increase days I can work, he said no. I'm guaranteed to work at least one day a week....but if he chooses to lay people off I could be one of them. I've been there the longest. I feel like they just want to keep the newer employees with cheaper wages... it hurts. I feel betrayed. I know I'm replaceable and it's just a job, but still. I genuinely loved that place.

This is minor. I’m worried about whether or not my pro controller that I have is legit. I have no idea how to tell and had no idea that there were fake controllers. I bought mine on Amazon, which now I know is a bit risky to do. I posted some pictures in a thread, so I’m hoping someone can confirm it for me. I really would hate for one more thing to go wrong. :/

Sorry for posting again so soon. I found out my pro controller isn’t legit; I’m really upset about this. I’m going to return it. Right now, I’m trying to find stores that are selling it brand new (the splatoon 3 controller) and legit, but the walmart has a review that says they’re selling a Japanese version and the item was sold through a third party seller so that raised red flags for me. best buy is sold out. there was some reviews on gamestop saying they received a used one and not a new. I’ll probably have to get just a regular version.

I hope my birthday still ends up being good and not worse considering all the stuff happening with my switch lite not charging and now this :/

There's something on my phone that's been absolutely killing my battery. I'm not sure what it is, but my guess is Spotify, since the battery would drain every time I listen to music. I know that the model I have is pretty old, but there's no way my phone should drop by 50% and more in such a short amount of time, even when I'm not using it.

I wish I knew for sure what the issue was. I'd like my phone to be usable past lunch time, thanks. :\

Not sure what phone you have, but I have an iPhone and you can check your battery usage by app. It’ll tell you which apps are using most of your battery percentage. I don’t know
If it’ll help, but it’s something.

IMG_5511.jpeg

I think I need a break from everything, I just feel so overwhelmed,
I finally found my teacher on teams, and despite sending a message, it shows they're not active on teams??
I honestly just want to learn, but this course is spinning my head upside down with no help. I am trying to do the questions I now feel stuck, I didn't mind doing this without talking to the teacher, but when it comes to the problems i mentioned beforehand; and not getting assistance in that.

plus old boss is still stressing me out, and had the gull to tell me not to say anything bad about the shop to the place I am at in so many words 'don't say bad things to the place that paid you'
All I wanted to get from them was a letter of redundancy, and payslips. Welp

I feel like a square peg, trying to fit myself into a round hole. I feel motivated to change myself for society, but it makes me feel uncomfortable trying to do it. Just when I realize that I fit in the square hole, my mind is immediately changed by an outside influence, and I come back to the round hole. Then the cycle repeats. When will it break? Who knows...

Back