Pokémon What was your first pokemon gen?

What Gen was your first game in?

• Gen 1 (Red/Blue/Yellow)

Votes: 66 37.9%
  • Gen 2 (Gold/Silver)

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • Gen 3 (FireRed/LeafGreen/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)

Votes: 39 22.4%
  • Gen 4 (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver)

Votes: 36 20.7%
  • Gen 5 (Black/White/Black 2/White 2)

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Gen 6 (X/Y/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire)

Votes: 11 6.3%

• Total voters
Mine was Gen 2, and my first game was Japenease Pokemon Silver :3

I still think Gen 2 were the best games :)

... Gen 5.
I had absolutely no interest in Pok?mon for years until a friend almost BEGGED me to play Black and White. I was a bit more interested now, so I picked it up and it was AMAZING. After that, I played the other generations going backwards. (Then played Diamond, then Emerald, etc.)

EDIT: Those were the first games I owned, but a different friend let me try out Diamond and wanted help finding a "blue Gastrodon" but she was checking in the wrong place. :p

Last edited:
Gen 1. My first pokemon game was a copy of Red in a second hand monochrome brick of a gameboy. I still have it, and it still has a working save.

I was really lame as a kid and one time I wasn't listening to my friend so he made me play Diamond because he would threaten to make me play it when I was bad because I hated the idea :)

My 1st game was Pearl. I got it when I was 9.

First gen I played was gen 3, started with Colosseum on the Gamecube, then moved to R/S/E/FR/LG. I've never played Gens 1 & 2...

Gen 4, Diamant Edition. My cousin was excited about it and showed it to me when I was around 10, I guess. First I was like "meh what's that crap, don't bother me" but then I became addicted until today.

My first Pokemon game was Fire Red, so Gen 3. I miss playing that game. I lost it when we moved, and I don't think it ever made it on the trip with us.

#Gen1ftw

It makes me sad that so many people didn't grow up playing the originals.

I played all gens 3 to 6 starting with pokemon emerald c':

i liked the franchise better without all the mega evolutions tbh.

Same as the original poster Gen 3 with Pokemon Emerald! I was even 10 at the time. ^.^

Gen 4. It would've been 3rd Gen, but I didn't like pokemon, and I didn't have a Gameboy whatever.

Gen 4, first game I played was my sisters Diamond and then my own copy of Soulsilver

It makes me sad that so many people didn't grow up playing the originals.
Probably the largest amount of current Pokemon players didn't play those, because of how old the games are. If the franchise didn't pull in new players it would be dead in the water.

Nintendo also made a valiant effort to get all those Gen 1 players back on board with Pokemon Origins accompanying the available Kanto stuff in X/Y... Too bad that Gen 6 is turning out to be pretty much the worst.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Soul Slver so Gen 2
Soul Silver was Gen 4 though???

Back