What should I get first?

Bulerias

Co-Founder of TBT
Retired Staff
Bells
A PS2, or a 360? This is for the long-term, like maybe on my b-day or whatever. I'm leaning towards the PS2 because it has at least 30 different games I want... the 360, around 10. So... what do you guys think?

PS2. I've played a lot of great games on that. All shall fear my- um, I mean the- Red Circle of Doom!

Hmmm... tough choice. Myself personally I'd get a 360 (if I didn't have one), but it's up to you? What games are you interested in on the PS2/360?

Yeah, that's what I thought. Seriously, I'm having trouble assembling a list of games I want, it's so huge.

Katamari Damacy
We <3 Katamari
God Of War
God Of War II
Shadow Of The Colossus
ICO
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid II
Metal Gear Solid III
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry II
Devil May Cry III
Final Fantasy XII
Suikoden III
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts II
Rez
Okami
The Jak And Daxter games
The Rachet and Clank games
Dragon Quest VIII
Final Fantasy X
Sly
Sly 2
Sly 3

etc etc etc etc

PS2 has cheaper games and such, but it isn't in style much anymore.

If you do get the PS2, try Sly 2 or 3, pretty fun.

Flygon said:
PS2 has cheaper games and such, but it isn't in style much anymore.

If you do get the PS2, try Sly 2 or 3, pretty fun.
I don't care about what's "in style", I hope you know. What's "in" or "cool" means nothing to me. D:

Ohhhh yeah, the Sly games. Good stuff, too.

I'd personally get the 360, because of BioShock, Gears of War, Halo 3, Viva Pinata...

Though, you should get whatever has more games that you like.

UltraByte said:
I'd personally get the 360, because of BioShock, Gears of War, Halo 3, Viva Pinata...

If I get a 360, it'll be mostly for the RPGs... Cry On, Blue Dragon, some others... and games like Lost Planet, Bioshock, Gears of War, and the Rareware games. Not looking to get Halo 3, though, seems way too generic.

But I honestly think I may as well go with a PS2... did you see the list I posted?

:p

Bulerias said:
UltraByte said:

If I get a 360, it'll be mostly for the RPGs... Cry On, Blue Dragon, some others... and games like Lost Planet, Bioshock, Gears of War, and the Rareware games. Not looking to get Halo 3, though, seems way too generic.

But I honestly think I may as well go with a PS2... did you see the list I posted?

Yeah. :r

PS2. I would love to have a 360, but if you never had any games for the PS2, its a must.

Games like Shadow Of The Colossus, both God of Wars, the Katamari's, MGS3: Subsistence (make sure you get subsistence, its a MUCH better version), Okami, DQVIII, and even the Ace Combat series are all amazimg games, better then anything on the 360 right now.

I would like to have gears, blue dragon, and bioshock, but I much rather have any of the games I listed over them. Plus, ALOT cheaper

LegWinstonSmith said:
PS2. I would love to have a 360, but if you never had any games for the PS2, its a must.

Games like Shadow Of The Colossus, both God of Wars, the Katamari's, MGS3: Subsistence (make sure you get subsistence, its a MUCH better version), Okami, DQVIII, and even the Ace Combat series are all amazimg games, better then anything on the 360 right now.

I would like to have gears, blue dragon, and bioshock, but I much rather have any of the games I listed over them. Plus, ALOT cheaper

LOL, I listed all the games you mentioned except the Ace Combat series. Great minds think alike.

Yeah... I might ring up my uncle and ask him if he still needs his PS2... 'cause he has a PS3 after all...

Bulerias said:
LegWinstonSmith said:

LOL, I listed all the games you mentioned except the Ace Combat series. Great minds think alike.

Yeah... I might ring up my uncle and ask him if he still needs his PS2... 'cause he has a PS3 after all...
Whether or not your uncle can give you one, it's still cheaper to go with the PS2, which means you'll have more money left over, and then you can buy more games. Also, PS2 games are cheaper, so you could get even more with that! Plus, it's hard to compete with the giant library of games PS2 has. Glad to see your list has Suikoden 3 on it, what an amazing story that game has. But, your list needs Growlanser added to it. I really think you should get the PS2. 360 is amazing, but it can wait.

If it's not too late to weigh in with my .02 cents...I would personally go with a Xbox 360 now. While the RPG scene is a bit weak right now...it's only going to get better (Mass Effect is ready to BLOW you away) and with Lost Oddesy, Fallout 3 and Inifinite Discovery along with Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata...you're going to find some great RPG's.

Secondly, while you can get a PS2 now...why not hold off on the PS2 and just get a PS3 later on down the road...you can play PS2 and PS3 games at that point and get more bang for your buck over the long haul

;)

Back