What scared you as a child?

When I played Banjo-Tooie back on my N64 the level Jolly Roger's Lagoon used to frighten me, diving down deep, deep underwater and not knowing what's down there... Then I saw those jiggling anemones o_O

Also, seeing Clanker for the first time, watching in fear as he opened his giant mouth, grinding his saw-like, bloodstained teeth at me...

Sounds like a fantastic game lmao

Too bad I don't have it ;-;

No face from Spirited Away. Literally the one thing I was most afraid of... and still am afraid of. Aside from the goblins in the walls my mum would always say would come get me in my sleep if I didn't behave.

Last edited:
Dolls, snakes and spiders.
*glances at pet snake*
*glances at doll collection*
But spiders can still stay away from me please.

I think staticky sounds from the TV used to scare me. :eek:
Also, those toilets in the airplanes were real scary as well. I used to have to cover my ears after flushing.

I used to have a phobia of wasps that I eventually got over.
For some reason the movie Monsters Inc. really scared me.
I too feared Resetti. He's still a bit scary, to be honest.
And lastly, I don't like needles. Sadly, I get sick and need blood tests a lot.

? My Verbally abusive stepdad
? My selfish stepmom and her psychotic elderly mother
? My physically abusive guardian
? Aliens or a boogieman in the dark
? Looking through the window at night in fear of seeing a spooky figure
? Bullies
? People

I wasn't really afraid of much back then. Because I didn't know anything. Im going to make this short, because I fear my fear will come back to me.
Who doesn't know slender?
That tall fellow who teleports, has no face, and tentacles?
my dad's best friend's son showed me a couple of slender videos... I was scared ****less.
Hell, back then, I was always sweaty in the dark because I thought he was coming for me (Told me he only comes for little kids) So I usually called my dad to comfort me every night. Just thinking about it, in my top bunk, in the dark, with an open slide closet...
I'm so glad this Splatoon 2 music is soothing me so much!

- - - Post Merge - - -

? My Verbally abusive stepdad
? My selfish stepmom and her psychotic elderly mother
? My physically abusive guardian
? Aliens or a boogieman in the dark
? Looking through the window at night in fear of seeing a spooky figure
? Bullies
? People

I'm so sorry... Your life must be hell.
I have this older bro who verbally abuses me every day, makes me want to kill myself. Besides that, my entire family is either nice or chill. I feel really sad for you. If your entire family is that broken... You actually need to do something about it.

I used to be petrified of Resetti. In ACWW I couldn't complete the word tasks after I didn't save and I often cried about it

As a kid I had little hot wheel cars. A few were convertibles with this teeny tiny piece of plastic in it that was supposed to be a head of a guy like he's driving it. It is really tiny. Well I had dreams I'd lose that little man piece and then suddenly I found them bit they'd be alive or I'd be overwhelmed by piles of them. So I was afraid of a piece of plastic.

Oh and also my bedroom at night. Had to move my bed so I couldn't see the doorway because I dreamed I saw tall, shadowy figures peeking in.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh I also used yo be Afraid of the Are You Afraid of the Dark theme song when it came on tv amd I was alone in the basement. I was also afraod of being alone in tge basement because the bathroom/laundry area are in a tiny hallway and you can't see into them until you go down it. I used to dream killers would pop out from behind the corner and chase me out of the basement and up the stairs. Sometimes I got caught and they'd flush me down the toilet and I'd end up at a playground with other flushed kids. My sister said she had that dream too lol.

Back in 2006 when i was 2-3 years old , there was a show on national tv known as "El bar provoca" , the logo and the commercials of that show simply scared the **** out of me , and as of today i still wonder why.
Moving foward , when i was 6-8 years old i was scared of darkness , i couldnt sleep without a small light on my room , and to be honest this fear kept until i was 11 , around that age i would turn my Wii U on , leave the internet browser open and then go to sleep , the Mii in my screen was like calming or idk.
And last , when i was around 10 i was scared of creepypastas and stuff , ironic fact : 1 year later i would find myself hearing and reading that kind of stuff , as of today i feel like they got held in the past and now those creepypastas are your typical clickbait videos in youtube.

Last edited:
I used to be scared of be stereotypical things, like "scariest videos on the Internet" countdowns and Creepypasta stories.

I think it desensitised me a lot to horror, though. I've discovered a bunch of super talented artists through it (many of whose works are unintentionally disturbing), and gave me a real appreciation for the genre now that I'm older and more picky.

I used to be scared of dolls, especially since my mom would just set them on top of my drawers just facing at me while I sleep...they also had eyelids that you could move with your finger to open/close the eyes and it freaked me out at night I told her to get rid of them lmao. I was scared of the dark temporarily, usually if I needed to go downstairs at night I would just run really fast to turn on the light switch and it was all good.

I wasn't really afraid of much back then. Because I didn't know anything. Im going to make this short, because I fear my fear will come back to me.
Who doesn't know slender?
That tall fellow who teleports, has no face, and tentacles?
my dad's best friend's son showed me a couple of slender videos... I was scared ****less.
Hell, back then, I was always sweaty in the dark because I thought he was coming for me (Told me he only comes for little kids) So I usually called my dad to comfort me every night. Just thinking about it, in my top bunk, in the dark, with an open slide closet...
I'm so glad this Splatoon 2 music is soothing me so much!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm so sorry... Your life must be hell.
I have this older bro who verbally abuses me every day, makes me want to kill myself. Besides that, my entire family is either nice or chill. I feel really sad for you. If your entire family is that broken... You actually need to do something about it.

The stepmom and her psychotic mother ran away from home and gave notice a few months ago. I'm happy to say that thank god they left because I'm free of their abuse. My life is getting better each day that passes!

Old toys. Like, the ones that don't work anymore and make random sounds. Scary.

Bullies. As stupid as that sounds. But to get personal, they changed me way than they should have.

Back