• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What personality types would you like added in future games?

Snowtyke

Idiot
Bells
User Title Color Change
Cake
I'm curious what types of personalities you'd like to see in the game. For example, old villagers, who kind of act like Grampa from The Simpsons in that they constantly go on about the olden days, but as you become better friends with them, they become more savvy.

I kind of want a quiet villager who doesn't say much until you've become good friends with them (in which afterwards they won't shut up)

- - - Post Merge - - -

or a really jolly, prankster type personality

An artsy/nerdy personality, who uses big words and likes art, learning, etc.

A clumsy personality, who trips and acts awkward and nervous, accidentally funny

I also agree with prankster and elderly personalities, they would be really cute

I really like that idea ^^ of a quiet villager.

I also think adding really smart villagers that tell you all sort of facts would be pretty cool.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I really like that idea ^^ of a quiet villager.

I also think adding really smart villagers that tell you all sort of facts would be pretty cool.

i like the idea of really shy/ quiet villagers, and also maybe modern/hipster villager types. like they can talk about pop culture and stuff lol. i also think villager types should not have only one gender like it's weird that male villagers can only be smug, cranky, lazy, or jock and then the girls are the rest and idk it just kinda bugs me

I would love to have shy villagers, that's a good idea. I also think that nerdy villagers would be cool. They could talk about science facts or research and stuff, as long as they didn't make it boring.

I would like a Shy villager thats super quiet and insecure, then becomes really sweet and chatty!

Male:
Brainy - Knowledgable, smart, long-winded, condescending, likes books and art, is the villager type most likely to on about tutorial-esque information. A lot like how NL depicts Crankies.
Quirky - Outgoing, active, has strange hobbies, in short a Jock-Lazy hybrid. Pietro would make a good Quirky.
Shifty - Sneaky, gossipy, curious, has private info on villagers and things. Always seems up to something odd.

Female:
Chill - A bit like a fem Lazy with a dash of smug. Very with the flow, passive, accepting, and interested in simple things. A sort of new-age hippie in some ways.
Gloomy - A goth with a passion for the arts. Can get set off and become sad pretty quickly. Muffy would make a good Gloomy.
Little Sis - Flipped Uchi. Cute, naive, looks to the player for guidance and advice on a lot of stuff. Gullible but kind. Gets as happy as a Peppy but not quite as outgoing.

Older Personalities:
Give Cranky and Snooty their personalities back so they aren't Lazy-lite and Normal-lite. Give Smug a bit more of an arrogant bite and Uchi a little more teasing love. And if Nintendo ever wants to go all-out with dialogue again each personality should have a subset of 3 more with differing dialogue in certain parts. Say, of their lines, 15% can be generic villager fluff, 50% can be Personality-dialogue, 30% can be Personality sub-type dialogue, and 5% can be villager/species specific dialogue.

I think some intellectual animals would be cool or animals that talked about animal-pop culture (movies/games)

Like people have said before me, I think a good female personality to add would be a "Shy" personality, sorta the polar opposite of "Uchi". Very quiet, reserved, and takes a while to warm up to. But your eventual friendship with them will be really strong!

As for a male personality, I'd like to see a "Dude/Bro" personality. I guess something sorta like Pascal, very bro-ey and giving quasi-stoner advice 75% of the time. I see some have suggested a "Hipster" personality, but I kind of feel like that falls under the umbrella of "Smug"; at least the way I think of them, "Smug" villagers are the hipster/metrosexuals of the ACNL world! They should make that even more obvious in the next installment!

The current personality type 'normal' should be called 'sweet' instead. No one is normal in this game, and that personality sure isn't normal either.

New personality types could be

Shy, for female villagers. They will be timid and physically tilt their head away from you to avoid eye contact. Stuttering would be really cute! Eventually, they will open up to you and share more of their personal life.

Scholarly, Intelligent type personality for both genders? I can't pick which one. They will talk often about their favorite books, research, or findings. They can even tell you facts about fossils, bugs, fish, and paintings before Blathers does.

Snarky, Mischevious personality for guys. They could tell bad jokes all the time in an attempt to make you smile, or mess with you by not giving a reward after a favor (but then send one in the mail the next day). They will chuckle and laugh all by themselves even when you're not talking to them. Maybe plant a pitfall seed here or there for fun

Toned down jock personality! It's the one personality in the game that I really can't stand. x_X Jocks in real life don't constantly obsess over their 'bulging muscles' (well, the tolerable ones anyway). If Animal Crossing could tone it down a bit, that'd be great.

Last edited:
I think that personalities should no longer be gender-specific. Why can't guys be peppy? Why can't girls be lazy?

I think I'd like to see personalities no longer being gender-specific than new personalities entirely.

Back