• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What music do you like bands etc.

Ah I am not a fan of classic rock ;-; but that's good, have your tastes! And I might look it up ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ok :3

wooh have a listen to Back In The Game or Live It Up (opening sounds shamelessly like the start of 'For Those About To Rock' haha)

Last edited:
The specific genres I like are glee (if that counts), 80's and musical theatre
Outside of that it's just preference - I don't like male artists (very rarely do), out of the female artists I listen to: Madonna, Beyonc?, Britney Spears, nicki minaj, JLO, and Kelly clarkson, probs more but I can't remember r/n

I also like torch ballads

I could go on for hours about my favorite musicians. The three that have inspired and moved me the most are-
Jimmy Page
George Harrison
and David Gilmour

That's a bit of a cliche list though, every body loves those guys.

I'm mostly into bluesy rock, like The Doors, Skynyrd, The Who, CCR, Rolling Stones, Stevie Ray Vaughan and some times a bit of the heavier stuff like ACDC, Guns N Roses, Black Sabbath.

:blush:

Pop, dark, indie folk, light country, indie rock, euro pop, c-pop, and Russian pop

neutral milk hotel, parquet courts, brian jonestown massacre, mac demarco

neutral milk hotel

I used to be so against areoplane over the sea the first time I heard it. I just wrote it off as bad. but then like two months ago I sat out on the roof and listened to it all the way through for the first time since it came out and good god. definitely changed my opinion on it.

I basically listen to Modest Mouse exclusively because I never bothered to move all my music to my new ipod when my first ipod died... call it laziness, call it sheer admiration. Both are true.

Last edited:
I used to be so against areoplane over the sea the first time I heard it. I just wrote it off as bad. but then like two months ago I sat out on the roof and listened to it all the way through for the first time since it came out and good god. definitely changed my opinion on it.

no way, that's my favourite album of all time
i can't listen to songs from that album on their own though, i have to listen to the whole album together haha
oh comely is a masterpiece, jeff was just supposed to record one verse and then he just kept going which is why the emotion in his voice is so raw (and also why you can hear someone exclaiming 'holy s***' just before the track ends hahaha)
two headed boy part 2 is also insane

I like anything that isn't R&B or rap.

Favorite artist are Purity Ring, Daughter, Bring Me The Horizon, Lady Gaga, Letlive., Architects and Kavinsky

a lot of pop and rock (mainly pop punk and alt)
favourite bands would be all time low, mcfly and bastille
i also really like mgmt, muse, vampire weekend, etc

Last edited:
I love rock, classical, and folk the best.
Some of my favourite artists are Biffy Clyro, Sigur Ros, Nic Jones, Radiohead, Pink Floyd

Last edited:
I thought there was a sticky for this?

Ah, well. I listen to a lot of hipper than hipster bullcrap these days. Goth Rock (Bauhaus), 80's synth revival (Pertubator), uh- basically, if you don't have any clue as to what something is, its probably been in my ears at some point. I don't like to limit myself- but I don't do metalcore. Haha. Never again.

I basically listen to Modest Mouse exclusively because I never bothered to move all my music to my new ipod when my first ipod died... call it laziness, call it sheer admiration. Both are true.

OFF TOPIC but I've been meaning to awkwardly compliment you on your signature.

/awkward nice things in your general direction

Also, listening to Modest Mouse always ends in me crying. So I don't do much of that. There. Relevancy.

OFF TOPIC but I've been meaning to awkwardly compliment you on your signature.

/awkward nice things in your general direction

Also, listening to Modest Mouse always ends in me crying. So I don't do much of that. There. Relevancy.

Ahhhh yeah! I appreciate it man/lady! I need to update it because I got Scoot. I'll have to just replace scoot with Henry...

but anyway I got to meet Issac, the brains behind modest mouse, and I told him that I used to be in a dark place and that I started listening to his music and it REALLY put me in a dark place and then I REALLY started listening to his music and it saved my life. He's a really cool guy.

Outside of them, I've been watching the Avett Brothers progress from playing small coffee shops in my hometown to selling out stadiums and playing on all the late night shows and playing at the grammy's. that's definitely really surreal. I literally listen to everything though... as cliche as that sounds. Anything but ol' radio country and any type of like "metal" screaming. Idk. I usually just listen to hip hop and whatnot though.

Last edited:
Ahhhh yeah! I appreciate it man/lady! I need to update it because I got Scoot. I'll have to just replace scoot with Henry...

but anyway I got to meet Issac, the brains behind modest mouse, and I told him that I used to be in a dark place and that I started listening to his music and it REALLY put me in a dark place and then I REALLY started listening to his music and it saved my life. He's a really cool guy.

Outside of them, I've been watching the Avett Brothers progress from playing small coffee shops in my hometown to selling out stadiums and playing on all the late night shows and playing at the grammy's. that's definitely really surreal. I literally listen to everything though... as cliche as that sounds. Anything but ol' radio country and any type of like "metal" screaming. Idk. I usually just listen to hip hop and whatnot though.

It's always odd to know someone in a band. I know someone who's like- touring New York and the US in general and they literally used to be a pizza delivery guy. So seeing him post from LA and stuff is really cool, and I'm proud of him, but at the same time it's kinda like "When did this happen?"

I'm pretty sure The Cure is my Modest Mouse. I was that stereotypical "lock myself in a room, put on an album and cry profusely" sort, and being introduced to the Cure made it so much worse for a little while. Then, it's kind of like- even though it's sad and emotional and throws you around a bit, it ends up making you feel better because you're not really by yourself? Or something equally...dumb.

Also, metal concerts are an experience, even if you don't really like metal. Buh. Big sweaty metalheads everywhere.

mostly 1960s-1970s; folk, classic rock, psychedelic rock, metal, some pop, soundtracks etc.

Back