• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What is your opinion on rap music?

Dy1an

Not Real
Bells
New Horizons Token
Personally I only kinda like it. I guess only certain artists I can listen to without wanting to stop instantly

I only like a few artists. A lot of the new artist are mostly trash imo.

I do like some rap! I have to be in the mood for it though. I can’t listen to it 24/7.

i think most people would rather babble about their confirmation biases and pretend they have good taste in music rather than actually explore a diverse genre because of goofball stereotypes they see on television and top 40 beginner music.

i like it

I would say some rap is actually really good. I'm not normally fond of the genre, but I really like the album Kids See Ghosts a lot. Unfortunately decent rap like that is buried under the "popular" bs that people blast out of their car radios everywhere they go.

Honestly, I have no strong opinion. It's not my favorite musical genre and I don't go out of my way to listen to rap, but I have heard some songs that I liked. Like any form of creative expression, there will always be something worth appreciation if you're open to finding it.

I listen to metal.

people get surprised when they find out i listen to rap lmao

i dont really have a strong genre, mostly its whatever my mood is.

It depends on what type of rap it is. I like the type of rap that sounds clean, if that makes sense. No raspy voices, and no super strong beat that you can feel in your chest. xD But there are so many good rap songs out there tho!

I don't like it at all, but I have brothers who do and they love to play it loud.
Ugh..

I'm ok with the clean one.

I dig Immortal Technique. There really is a lot of great rap out there, if you know where to look!

Yeah soundcloud rap and those overly heavy beats ones are just annoying, also those basically fused with modern r'n'b tunes... no. There are a few Swedish guys who do it good but yeah generally I avoid it.

I only really listen to hip hop, pop and r&b so yes I do love it but everyone calls me local xd

Dont know why ive been so harsh on the genre in the past (Probably bad mood. TBH) its not something i personally listen to very much (except for beastie boys!!!!!) I do really like rap metal though. Rap metal good. And like. The electronic or funk music i listen to sometimes sample hip hop and thats pretty nice so i guess i like it a lot more when its infused with other genres if that makes sense.

Back