What is your animal crossing story, what does it mean to you and have you got back to you past towns?

Morningowl

Crose from Kiwi Isle
Bells
Eerie Star Potion
Will-o'-the-wisp Halloweaster Egg
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Christmas Candy
Green Star Fragment
Christmas Candy
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Jingle Christmas Doll
Tasty Cake
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Pardon me if thread like exist already

Hi :)

I been thinking about this lot lately and then I remember Nintendo released a short video asking attendee at pax east what does Animal crossing mean to you. Also having the realization of how old this forum community is and AC has been a game I have grown up with and has been in majority of my live.

I found animal crossing through my brother, I loved watching my brother play video games growing up. It was the game cube version, AC: population growing! My brother let me have house in his town, it was very basic because play time was limited and I didn't know what I was doing xD

My first full fledged AC game was Wild World on the DS , I got to chose it as my birthday gift. I played it lot with my good friend at the time. Also remember my brother thinking I was too young to be playing my own AC game because I wouldn't know what to do lol(Don't worry he got over that pretty quickly xD).

Then comes City Folk on the Wii, Out of all the AC games I own probably play this one the least. I didn't always have access to the wii and I did share it with my brother.

Next is New Leaf on the 3DS, Man did I play that game to death lol. When the welcome to amiibo update came, I wanted to know more about it and that is how I found The Bell tree forums and this community :). Before that point I mostly played alone/isolation, I didn't know many people in person who played or fully processed that there were these active communities. I did lurk for few days before joining xD

Now presently with New Horizons on the Switch - The hype was real lol, I was getting excited with people on this forum, with my roommate who is also a huge ac fan we would say to say to each other without context 120 days to go, 50 days to go, 10 days 10 hours 4 minutes to go and our other roommate would be so confused then remember o yea that game is coming out xD. I am still very much enjoying the series still and believe they do a good job of improving upon each game. I think in the long term I will enjoy NH the most(sorry NL lol).

I don't own Happy Home designer, never owned an wii u(so no amiibo festivals) and I have played pocket camp but It wasn't doing it for me.

Little before NH came out, my roommate and I went back to some old towns, I started off with my Wild World town It had been ages since I last played and didn't remember much, for some reason I named my town Hope vil, it was weird and fun running around my weedy town lol. Then we went to City folk, this was my roommate's first ac game, Had to set up the good ole Wii, he was amused and nostalgic about it. The Wii that had my City folk town is long gone. Then onto New leaf which is not as weird or nostalgic yet because the couple months leading up to NH I got burst of urges to play. But the more and more I play NH the less I want to play NL. I played NL today actually for few minutes dang now the look feels old xD

So yea curious about other people's story? :)

Back