What is a good way to TT villagers out?

Moontoon

Yeagerbombastic
Bells
Got a second copy for villager cycling. Do I talk to them or just ignore them? How many days should I skip when TT etc? Some people seem to have experience in this matter, so I'm hoping for your advice :D

Ignore after you greet them. And leave TTing to the TT experts, or learn tips from them :U

Assuming you don't want to keep any of your villagers and you're purely cycling through them, TT forward one day at a time. You don't even have to talk to your villagers because Isabelle will always tell you when someone plans to move (which is the day you can trade them out). If she doesn't, just save and quit and do it again.

This is just the method I've been using for my alt town and it's worked for me.

Last edited:
Thanks! And if I want a certain villager to move out sooner? Do I just ignore them and talk to the others?

I think in that case you should only talk to the one you want to move and ignore the rest.
Villagers you are most friendly with tend to want move out for some reason (correct me if I'm wrong).

I think in that case you should only talk to the one you want to move and ignore the rest.
Villagers you are most friendly with tend to want move out for some reason (correct me if I'm wrong).

You're not wrong, I've found the same thing to be true in my experiences. I was trying to get a villager out and I literally cycled through 12 villagers before this one moved. And she finally decided to move when I started doing errands for her.

Also you might have done this already but make sure you have at least 9 villagers and have talked to them all at least once.
and the day after a villager moves out TT 4 days till a new once moves in to go back to the minimum of 9 villagers.

If I'm trying to get a specific villager to move I find if I get close to them and then don't talk to them for a while they end up moving, so you could try that

Simple, just become good friends with them. Ignoring them does not work, as it will make them have second thoughts on moving.

I'm hardly an expert I think, and this is probably more info than you wanted, but here's my process/experience:

Seems to be a little different for everyone but I've never lost a villager and have been doing a tun of shifting and trading lately >.> Knock on wood.

I tt two days ahead, open the game, save it, close the game, TT two days back, open the game, then run around looking for move out pings. You have to be really thorough (I'm assuming you know how to ping and stuff?) and if you want, you can talk to people to see if you get a 'so and so is moving out' rumor so that you know who to harass. I pretty much never do favors or errands for anyone, I'm certainly not friends with anyone in my reset village. I treat them so poorly! D:

If nobody pings and youve been very thorough (at least with people you dont want to lose) I repeat the process. I've heard it's risky to straight up do two up and two back again a second time with no pings but I don't see the sense in that, if nobody pings the worst case scenario they want to leave the first day of tting and then five days out = youve only moved four days = idk? I may be wrong, so if you want to be safe, check everyone again, only TT one day, or when you move two days up, check everyone(especially important people) then before closing and going back in time.

You should always get a ping by the second time, I've never not had someone want to move if they didn't want to move after the first forward and back. Then it's just a process of getting the right one - I don't think there's anyway to target anyone specifically, at least not that I've known. It seems completely random in my experience, but I think I tend to either love on everyone or ignore them equally so IDK.

edit; also this is posted three hours later, sorry >.> it was open on my browser when I got home I'd wanted to post >.>

Last edited:
Back