What if you don't use amiibo cards?

flutterstheunicorn

the Unicorn
Bells
I really would like to get this game, but there seems to be a large focus on the amiibo cards. However, I really don't feel like going out and buying the game+NFC reader+cards. Could someone give me a general idea of what the amiibo cards are used for? I've heard they're optional, but I just want to know what I'll be missing out on if I don't use the cards.

Amiibo cards just give you control over which characters homes you get to decorate. Without them it's assumed to be random. So say you would love to decorate a home for K.K. Slider and Jay. If you had cards for both, it'd be easy and you could get right to work. Without cards you would just have to hope to get lucky and that they'll eventually come your way.

Last edited:
Amiibo cards just give you control over which characters homes you get to decorate. Without them it's assumed to be random. So say you would love to decorate a home for K.K. Slider and Jay. If you had cards for both, it'd be easy and you could get right to work. Without cards you would just have to hope to get lucky and that they'll eventually come your way.

Ah, I see! So if I wanted to get my dreamies, I would have to reset like a million times. What a pain in the butt. :p

You can only get the NPC characters via card (KK, isabelle, resetti etc)

That's also pretty annoying for someone as cheap as me XD

In my case who is a 3ds XL owner.. i am not yet very optimistic purchasing the card reader or worse a new 3ds...

hopefully i dont get anyone scary.. like Violet, Diva or Anicotti. haha

I wouldn't worry- by the look of the treehouse video a lot of animals hang around in your plaza and you can ask them if they want a house. I don't think you'd need to reset just TT or write your daily report to move onto the next day of work to pick from some more animals :) pretty sure this game isn't played in real time.

i also dont wanna keep spending and collect cards.. so you're not alone :p

*high five*

In my case who is a 3ds XL owner.. i am not yet very optimistic purchasing the card reader or worse a new 3ds...

hopefully i dont get anyone scary.. like Violet, Diva or Anicotti. haha

yep, me too! i literally just got the 3ds xl, i didn't get the new one because
1. its more expensive in canada, and i would've needed to purchase a charger as well
2. i don't play too much in 3d anyways and have no use for teh c stick
3. I THOUGHT I WAS NEVER GONNA USE AMIIBO XD

I wouldn't worry- by the look of the treehouse video a lot of animals hang around in your plaza and you can ask them if they want a house. I don't think you'd need to reset just TT or write your daily report to move onto the next day of work to pick from some more animals :) pretty sure this game isn't played in real time.

Ah, thank god, i really hated campsite resetting in the normal game, it didn't even work for me XD

Thanks everyone for explaining this. I thought I HAD to get the cards so this makes it better for me. Maybe i will just get the game first then.

In any case, Japan will get it first so hopefully people report back on their experiences... End of this month for them, isnt it?

Thanks everyone for explaining this. I thought I HAD to get the cards so this makes it better for me. Maybe i will just get the game first then.

In any case, Japan will get it first so hopefully people report back on their experiences... End of this month for them, isnt it?

XD I'm glad I could be somewhat of a help by starting this thread :p

July 30th, yep!

How much do you think they're going to sell the cards for? I think it would be really cool if instead they did amiibo stuffed animals or something, like Webkinz.

How much do you think they're going to sell the cards for? I think it would be really cool if instead they did amiibo stuffed animals or something, like Webkinz.

AC:HHD amiibo card packs will be 300 yen for 3 cards pack. The first wave will be of 100 cards--COPIED FROM REDDIT

300 yen= $2.44 USD

So probably around that price :p

AC:HHD amiibo card packs will be 300 yen for 3 cards pack. The first wave will be of 100 cards--COPIED FROM REDDIT

300 yen= $2.44 USD

So probably around that price :p
They won't. First of all, the western packs come with 6 cards, not 3, so the price would be double from the conversion you did, and then I highly doubt they'd sell them for $4.88... They'll probably sell for $5 or $6 USD.

Say for instance, a villager comes in wanting their house made but you don't want that villager. Could you say no and wait for a villager you want? Or is it random "move ins" like in the regular games?

Say for instance, a villager comes in wanting their house made but you don't want that villager. Could you say no and wait for a villager you want? Or is it random "move ins" like in the regular games?

you can say no

you can say no

Ah! That makes things easier then!

Buying the game, card reader and then the cards is a big commitment. But I can't complain. It was very nice of Nintendo to make a card reader for us with the old 3DS. They could have said "2bad." But perhaps that would've hurt their sales.

Back