Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
Special Snowflake
Purple Star Fragment
Crescent Moon Glow Wand
Heart Glow Wand
Flower Glow Wand
So I've noticed that on the ABD page, it says 'interest disabled', is it like that for everyone? And if so (Or if not) why is it saying that? I want to earn some interest :(

(Also, what's a good quick way to earn tbt bells?)

it's been disabled because people were abusing it, i don't foresee it coming back.

No, it's just you. They disabled your ability to earn interest. The rest of us do...

LOL, jk

Another note on asking about interests:

You should never ask a mod or admin what is considered abuse of the interest feature. This is a secret within the site staff.

Another note on asking about interests:

You should never ask a mod or admin what is considered abuse of the interest feature. This is a secret within the site staff.

Actually no, it's blatantly obvious what the abuse was, and whether or not it's a "secret within the staff" I've seen them talk about it multiple times before so..

They disabled it around the middle of September. Everyone's interest button got disabled.

Idk if I'm allowed to say it aloud or not, in case interest ever does come back and they don't fix the issue or whatever, but think about it, there's really only one way to abuse the system, and it's not at all that hard to figure out given the limited functions of the system.

I don't really pay attention to the interest/lottery thing

were people just entering large sums of money simultaneously to earn interest? were a group of people passing around their entire BTB funds and using it to gain interest on numerous different accounts?

People just lost interest.

*ba dum tsk*

The theory that I believe happened was that a large amount of TBTB was being sent around from person to person to increase their interest. I think that was it.

People just lost interest.

That's very creative.

@FireNinja1 - I can totally see now. I though people were saving 100k and collecting interest everyday for themselves, but I see what was going on. Yeah, TBT Bells are a scarce resource, and the mods/admins are trying to limit it. For example, you are no longer allowed to express your frustrations for TBT Bells (I'm referring to the "What's Bothering You" thread and how that's the only thread you can do so). Posting in the collectibles discussion thread won't get you TBT Bells either.

Last edited:
*ba dum tsk*

The theory that I believe happened was that a large amount of TBTB was being sent around from person to person to increase their interest. I think that was it.

Unless you were talking about high sums of money (i.e. around 100,000 or higher) I hardly see this being profitable at all.

Though if you had the time and ability to use multiple accounts on multiple computers to save logging in/out then I guess it could be horribly abused.

Couldn't you just ban these people though rather than take away interest (assuming this was the reason)?

I'm not really sure of our stance about what we are sharing but like Jake said, it's pretty obvious as to how they were abusing it. With a little more guesswork it wouldn't be incorrect to assume that the amount of bells were well into the ridiculous amounts.

As for just outright banning people, that really isn't a very good option considering that the people involved had only ever done that in their history of being on the site. Their punishment is having the guilt of knowing they were responsible for ruining it for everyone else.

But if you're new and don't really know much about the interest system. To sum it up, it sucked. You only gained a 0.1% interest and could only collect it once a day. So unless you had an insane amount of bells it wasn't worth it. You can make hundreds of times more by just being active on the site and posting. You can make anywhere from 1-30 bells for a single post.

It's not a super secret or anything, but it's nothing worth going around parading about either. As Gallows said, we had other issues with the interest system anyway (it only benefited the already absurdly rich getting richer, while being practically useless to everyone else for one) so if it was also being abused and exploited by the rich as well, then the best decision was to just simply shut it down until we get around to making changes.

Some reincarnation of it will likely appear in the future, although in what form or when I couldn't tell you. But you'll see some kind of replacement eventually.

Last edited:
It's not a super secret or anything, but it's nothing worth going around parading about either. As Gallows said, we had other issues with the interest system anyway (it only benefited the already absurdly rich getting richer, while being practically useless to everyone else for one) so if it was also being abused and exploited by the rich as well, then the best decision was to just simply shut it down until we get around to making changes.

Some reincarnation of it will likely appear in the future, although in what form or when I couldn't tell you. But you'll see some kind of replacement eventually.

Now I see why the interest feature is disabled. It's an uneven distribution of wealth, and it only expands the gap. Thank you very much for telling us.

Back