• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What do you think about the new Barbies?

this is really good bcuz barbie causes body image issues and video gamez cause gun crime :3 another great victory over teh cishet baby boomerz

i think it's a very good idea and there's nothing really wrong with making them tbqh. like?? oh no more dolls how dare a toy company do that wow
my little cousin is definitely on the chubby side and seeing her face light up when she realized they were making new dolls that would look like her made my day, haha.

I think it is what they should of done at the start. Promoting stereotypical Barbie dolls has a major impact on teenager's physical and mental health. I'm not a girl so don't know, but it is apparent that being surrounded by this fake image causes some physical wall in the brain when it comes to body image. I guess Barbies are just the foundations of this wall for some people, but not everybody though.

I remember my mother telling me that a 10 year old girl said; "This Barbie is too fat, she is ugly."
This is what this generation's children are thinking. Good job adults! Good job social media! We are all ****ed...

But now they have become more 'normal' hopefully this will impact on this generation's children and make a difference on body image.

Back