• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What did you name your island?

My island is named Fantasia, from the Neverending Story (there's a book and a movie). In the book/movie, Fantasia is a fantasy world made up of all the things human beings imagine and dream. So my island's theme has that same type of situation going on. I found a custom design for a book that I put at the entrance so that when you enter Fantasia it looks like you are stepping into a storybook. I use fairy tales, mythology, and fantasy books and movies as inspiration for my island. For example I have a Goldilocks and the 3 Bears display, a Jack and the Beanstalk one, a Mermaid Cove, a little rabbit area with the Rabbit On the Moon/Alice and Wonderland/Velveteen Bunny things, and a Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs display. I'm still working to get all the items I'll need for a Chronicles of Narnia area and a King Midas and the Golden Touch area. I also have a portal to another world in part of it, with an alien coming out.

My character name, Falcor, is also taken from the Luck Dragon in the Neverending Story.

Last edited:
I'm going to be restarting my island at the end of the month, and I'm dreading the thought of having to think of a name. I'm so tired of going to my default pick every time. >_<

Mine is called Solace. I wanted something kinda simple that could go with practically any theme Incase I decided to do one later so I don't have to restart, again. I really enjoy Animal Crossing and it helps when feeling sad or anxious so I figured Solace is a good name to go with.
I do feel like it is easier to pick a town name than an island name.

I called my town R'lyeh after the sunken city featured in Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos. I have all the octopus villagers and since there are only four, my plan is to have frogs to round out the personality types.

I would have been fine with other town names based on Lovecraft stories. For example, calling a town Ulthar and having nothing but cat villagers.

PS: I wish the series had villagers of every personality type for all species for those that want themed towns.

I'm going to be restarting my island at the end of the month, and I'm dreading the thought of having to think of a name. I'm so tired of going to my default pick every time. >_<

edit: those three braincells have decided they can think of something brtter

Daguerreo (after my favorite area in Final Fantasy IX), Bunifrey (name my husband made up for me), and I just made Kholusia (named after an area in FFXIV).

I decided on Conch Bay, I like it. I wanted to name it after Old Key West Resort in Disney World, and conch is a big theme there, so I though of Conch Bay. I’m happy with it!

My island's name is Tansan, which is a play on my surname + mountain (in Korean) and it also means carbonated drink in Korean and Japanese lol. The funny thing is, the new update brought some design options to benches/displays and one of the designs has "Tansan" written on it, so I use that everywhere!

@dizzy bone despite knowing your full name I never made that connection before. That's clever! 😂

My islands are called Vylbrand and Swanstone. Vylbrand is a Final Fantasy XIV reference, and Swanstone is named after Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria.

Dorkville :) its a throw back to a joke me and a friend once had going. We used to play animal crossing all the time but we lost touch after high school. I'm kinda hoping she still plays and might run across my island some day.

Back