What did you name your island?

I had named my island 'Ayakashi' which is the collective name for yōkai that appear above the surface of a body of water. I thought it sounded nice for my island, so I went with it when I had restarted my island months ago.

My island's name is Himuro! :D

It's based off the Fatal Frame games, specifically Fatal Frame 1, where the main setting of the game takes place in Himuro Mansion XDDD
My sister and I love the horror genre, especially for video games (so Silent Hill, Dead Space, Fatal Frame, etc.), and the island was originally going to be horror themed with nods to our fav horror games, but my sister became disinterested in AC before we could make much progress :/

I decided to just do whatever I wanted with the island instead of restarting, so it has the old name from the horror island days, but I don't mind :>
I'd like to keep at least a few nods to those horror games, and I'll never not laugh at people being concerned at my island flag 😂

I named my island Rico after Ricco harbor from super mario sunshine (r.i.p. me for spelling it wrong but I don't wanna reset and I guess I kinda like it anyway.) I named it that as a sort of homage to my og new leaf Town Hyrule. I wanted to keep with the Nintendo game location theme.

Mine is named Rosestar.
Because the rose and star are the emotes that mesmerize me the most. And also for my personal journal on my discord I use these emotes to make it look nicer most frequently. So like the island name is a nice reminder to myself to not forget to journal and a sort of. Pat on the back for how far I've come.

I named my island Avalar after the world of Spyro 2. That series had a large impact on my childhood and I named my town in New Leaf Avalar, I used the same names of my town and mayor from New Leaf for my island and resident rep in New Horizons.

Kind of sad how I haven't really picked up NL since NH came out, feels like my mayor just moved to deserted island without telling anyone.

Last edited:
I went with Rook Isle. I was tossing up between Rook Isle and Magix Isle. I went with Rook Isle as I wanted something different from my NL towns name (Magix). Rook Isle was inspired by Rook Island from Far Cry 3, one of my all time favourite games.

My first island was Dollsgrave which is just two pretty words combined. I didn't know what to expect from the game, but I heard somewhere that it was pretty much a virtual dollhouse, which is why I wanted to use the word "doll", and "grave" was added because "garden" didn't fit.

After restarting, I very briefly (for around ten minutes) had an island called Nevermore. I hadn't really thought of a name for the new island and just used what popped into my head, inspired by "The Raven." I quickly realized that I had forgotten to set my Switch back to real time when restarting, and since I wanted my game to run on real time, I had to delete it again.

My third and final island is called Nightshade, which I basically stole from Muffy who was one of the starters on Nevermore.

Out of these, Dollsgrave is still my favourite. I do like Nightshade, but it is a little generic, especially since it's a villager's catchphrase. I probably could have come up with something more unique had I taken the time, but all in all I'm okay with what I have now.

I named my island Tooffee! I thought about naming it Toffee but then I was like hmm let’s make it interesting 🧐 Apparently that meant adding an extra ‘o’ lol. Immediately I felt regret 😂 But now I love it. And I also adopted a kitten about a year later whom I named Toffee, without the extra ‘o’

I named my island 'Emerald' because green is my favorite color BUT I have been thinking about restarting my game and if I do, I might change the name to 'Tempest' (based on 'Zetusen no Tempest' one of my favorite anime).

my main island I've had since launch is called Anura, I don't love it anymore tbh but when I chose it I had no idea what to name it and just wanted to get started so I chose something frog related and went with that. it's whatever tbh

my kidcore island is called Bedtime, I think it's cute and relates to the theme. kind of a little reference to bedtime bear tbh but it's not a care bear island in any way

Back